Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a new "swapping" function

We have the transpose function that allows us to swap data from rows to columns, or vice versa … how about a function that allows us to swap data between two different rows, or two different columns. For example, if I have data in A1:A10 and I have data in B1:B10, I could highlight both sets of data, and by choosing this new function, I could swap the data, whereas A becomes B and B becomes A.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spreadsheet Compare

Spreadsheet Compare for Mac Excel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can the weight of the grid lines be change

Can the weight of the grid lines be chance? the weight of the grid lines make them lighter than the input in the cells

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add customize color option to excel for mac to change color themes to set it as default

Add customize color option to excel for mac to change color themes to set it as default

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. include an option to add data labels selecting names from cells in a bubble chart/ x-y scatter for Mac

This option has been already realised in excel 2013 but not for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a new cell format to handle time duration

When I click on "Format Cells..." I get the standard list of various formats. There should be a separate "Duration" format in this list, to handle time duration, AS DISTINCT FROM time-of-day. This is needed when entering time durations, for example, the timings for a piece of music or of a film. Also, this Duration format should include the option of entering MINUTES:SECONDS without hours.

I have tried to find a way to work around the lack of this basic simple format, visiting numerous tech sites and support sites, and I was shocked to discover that there is no way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over as opposed to when I click on the cell with the comment

Lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over the cell. Sometimes I cannot see the cell I am looking for because there are so many comments popping up. Previous version I had to be on the cell to see the comment which is much less confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make Ribbon tabs space efficient - Collapse 'Tell me what you want to do' for narrow windows

The 'Tell me what you want to do" label (along with the Share and Comments buttons) takes up so much horizontal space that it hides most Ribbon tabs when the window is a narrow size. Understanding that not all spreadsheets are displayed full-screen all the time, it would be great if this label collapsed down to something much smaller when the window size is narrow. (Other ribbon controls could also be made more useable for narrow windows by following the lead of how Windows Excel displays its ribbon controls on narrow windows).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. userforms pour MAC ET FAIRE DES VBA MERCI

Merci de me dire quand user forms pour mac urgent
    cordialement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. solver

Excel 16.23 for Mac no longer has a functional Solver. Trying to use it results in Alert:

Sorry, Excel can't open two workbooks with the same name at the same time.

Works on PC and lower versions. What to do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hyperlink from Excel to a Bookmark in Word

When I create a hyperlink to a Word file, I want to be able to add a bookmark and let the link open die Word file directly to the bookmark. In Office for Windows you can do this by adding #Bookmarkname to the hyperlink in Excel. In Office for Mac this doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make a button for making lower case letters into uppercase letters

make a button for making lower case letters into uppercase letters

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spelling check doesn't work with Excel in Office 2019 and it should!!!!

It would be good if Excel in Office 2019 did spelling check. Any idea why it doesn't!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove "Copy of" to Save as in version 16.17

In Excel version 16.17, when you click on "Save as" it adds "Copy of" to the filename. In all previous versions, it never did this. Please remove the "Copy of" in the next release of Excel for MAC.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please fix new glitch in preparing graphs

Another new glitch. Having created a formatted graph to my liking, I expect that copying the graph and changing only the cell addresses for the data (in Select Data) for a new graph, will not change the formatting. But no, the line and marker formats change. What a pain. Annoying but OK to re-format if only 1 graph but I am preparing a report with more than 30 graphs. What a time waste.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make same function excel for mac and window users

Please make same function excel for mac and window users so that we could be easy to use and command or shortcut key also be same.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please bring back "PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard" to Excel on Mac

PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard works well on Windows. It is important to analyze data. I am sure most us our missing it

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. What is going on with this program?

This morning, as I was reading through the news on my Mac, Excel began to start itself randomly. I thought it might be time for an update, so I downloaded and install 2, but it still starts itself repeatedly. Quitting the program does not help, it just starts back up. The only way I can stop this is to minimize the window and park it in the Dock.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base