Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gradient feature for Excel for 2019 version

The gradient feature for Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Utiliser plusieurs tableaux pour créer un tableau croisé dynamique

pouvoir regrouper plusieurs feuilles dans un seul TCD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problème avec la VBA a solutionner, plus d'ouverture de fichiers contenant du code

A chaque ouverture de fichier j'ai un message d'erreur
    Désolé... Nous avons trouvé un problème dans le contenu de « 201808 - Perte de charge réseau de chaleur.xlsm », mais nous pouvons essayer de récupérer le maximum de contenu. Si la source de ce classeur est fiable, cliquez sur Oui.
    Si je réponds "OUI" je peut ouvrir et le fichier incriminé et le fichier xml qui m'est proposé.
    Dans le fichier xml on voit que c'est tout le VBA qui est supprimé
    J'ai des centaines de fichiers qui posent problème car j'utilise très souvent le VBA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to be able to do filtering feature to work in Excel for Mac to stay on the same window without scrolling up the spreadsheet.

I want to be able to do filtering feature to work in Excel for Mac to stay on the same window without scrolling up the spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paste Values

Bring back Paste as Values ribbon and keyboard shortcut. These are basic commands that shouldn't require multiple steps to get the required result.

Why do you remove key functionality when releasing new product versions, it's extremely frustrating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows resize is too slow!

Resizing an Excel window, even if its totally and empty is extremely slow. The mouse cursor is way ahead of the resize. In fact all Office applications have this annoying problem. Others applications resize quite fast. Why Office can't?.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. VBA-Fehler bei double

Das folgende VBA-Programm erzeugt in der dritten Zeile einen Überlauf-Fehler:

Sub Test()
    Dim a As Double
    a = 18.9
    End Sub

Auf Windows läuft das Programm fehlerlos. Bitte korrigieren.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VBA-Programm stoppen

Im neuen Excel 2019 für Mac ist es nicht mehr möglich, ein laufendes VBA-Programm zu unterbrechen. Früher war das mit Befehl + Punkt möglich. Bitte diese Möglichkeit wieder einbauen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix ExportAsFixedFormat method

ExportAsFixedFormat method produces a "Run-time error '1004':

Application-defined or object-defined error" when trying to save (export) a pdf to a user folder (/Users/user/Documents for example)

As I see it only works if one saves to the sandbox path of Office (Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office), which is quite uncomfortable to work with.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeze Panes/Group Columns Error.

I am having an issue where freeze panes in tandem with a group of hidden columns that is causing the spreadsheet to be locked from moving to the right. I can move up and down on the sheet, but I cannot move to the right.

So:
    1-5 and A thru H frozen. Columns I through AR in a collapsible group. When the collapsible group is opened, the sheet will no longer move right past column W. I can no longer view the data in columns W through AR.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to create a Pivot table from multiple tables in Excel for Mac - seriously???

Create a pivot table from multiple tables (feature appears to be missing from Excel for Mac!)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I can't sign in Excel with MS office

I can't sign in Excel with MS office. It Shown error"The authentication session has expired. Please sign-in again." Can't set auto save and share file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change encoding for pivot tables

On Mac office, you cannot change the encoding for MySQL pivot tables.
    Used by maccyrilic, but must use UTF8

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel Map Chart

States are not appearing in excel map chart for India

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add Note function to Office 2019 Home or Student.

I need to be able to insert images (jpg or png) into a comment, and with the newer change of how comments and notes function, I am unable to do this when only having the comment option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide data get and tranform including JSON to Excel transformation

This feature is provided with Windows Excel 2016 but not with Mac. Isn't it time to make the Mac software a first-class citizen with Microsoft. It seems like forever that Microsoft started supporting Mac Office, yet it still does not have all the features. Why not? I am paying you every month. Yet you still don't provide many advanced features. I will consider Pages then.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MAC Developer Tab > Export to XML

Please add EXPORT to XML feature to the Develop Tab for MAC. It appears to only be available for PC.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cell formats in Excel for Mac

When modifying the format of a cell in Excel for MAC, one should be able to either save a custom format (currently it disappears when you shut Excel) or edit a default style or add a style to the drop down list. I have a date format I like and have to re-create if every time I want to apply it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple Series Histograms

Histograms that allow multiple series would be ideal (ie. in stacked form as well as side-by-side comparison). The current solution (as far as I know) is to custom-make it with bar charts. A large part of the statistical analysis I do requires distinct series being compared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base