Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Search Bug

Using search field in upper part of Excel for Mac document, cannot find content even though it's clearly there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simplify the process of adding check boxes

Google sheets has a very simple way to add check boxes into cells, which is genuinely the major reason why i prefer it to excel. The check boxes in google sheets can also be copied, pasted and extended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Combine Arrays Function: COMBINE(Array1, Array2 , ...)

A functions to combine arrays and return a single array. For example, I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of schools and a list of theatres. Some schools also have theatres, so I would like to combine a subset of the schools with the theatres to produce an array of venues that then be used as a validation list. Currently I use the new FILTER() and SORT() functions to create 2 arrays and then use an awkward and complex array function with helper functions (based on MID()) to combine them. Would be great if I could just e.g. SORT(COMBINE(A3#,B3#))

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PowerQuery data refresh from SharePoint Online CSV file

The latest Excel for Mac (v 16.29 and later) can refresh from Text, CSV, XLSX, XML and JSON files, but not when those files are on SharePoint Online (or other cloud storage locations). Please add this functionality, as we are moving to SPO and away from file servers. I know I can refresh from a local copy (via OneDrive sync client), but each person's local file path may be different, so a shared Excel file won't update correctly for each person.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. weighted randomizer function

Make a randomizer (for contests, sample data, or simply randomizers) which uses 2 columns; one with the value, one with the weight of said value. Making a randomizer which uses weighted values is a huge pain as of right now!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. open embedded text file

Opening embedded text file in Excel for Mac

When you try to open an embedded txt file, you'll have this error "Cannot start the source application for this object."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I just want to tell you all you're doing great and hang in there. luv u babes, also, ur hair is cute.

the only thing I would ask for is a collaborative function, so that multiple people could work on the same doc at the same time, like with google docs. it would be very useful for my work. all the same, I think you all are great, and I'm proud of u. hugs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement Stock prices for Excel for Mac in desktop version just like you have for Office 365

I need capability to import stock prices into Excel desktop exactly as you have implemented for Office 365. Please advise timeframe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to change default number settings

When switching from generic to number, it shows the number in full with two decimal places and no comma separations ie. 623453.00. Instead I would always like the 'number' format to show no decimal places and always use commas ie. 623,453. There should be more flexibility for the user to define the default conditions for number formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intégrer le ODBC dans excel pour mac

J'ai besoin d'un information sur le ODBC pour mac. Comment intégrer le ODBC directement dans excel pour bénéficier de power query ?La procédure reste très complique pour des personnes non initiées.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I like to insert rows using (CTRL +) but when the dialogue box opens I can move the radio buttons with the arrow keys (I used to) - please r

I like to insert rows using (CTRL +) but when the dialogue box opens I can move the radio buttons with the arrow keys (I used to) - please can you revert so the arrows move the radio buttons (insert in this column - insert row etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Habilitar Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in para Mac no Microsoft 365.

Necessito deste suplemento para fazer exercícios da faculdade, porém ele não está disponível para o meu dispositivo Mac com Microsoft 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Plot markers centred (instead of offset)

Since Excel 365 (Mac) plotting circle markers (and other) are offset from the real data. See attached image "Excel2019.jpg". The center of the markers should be exactly on the red line, but they are not.
    This was fine in Excel:mac 2010, see attached Excel
    2010.jpg.

Obviously something has changed significantly in the Excel plotting functionality which causes this issue.
    The problem is not directly visible if you plot the markers only, but in my case I have to plot lots of line graphs including markers, and the markers are offset from the line, so it looks like the data…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Data Validation List able to work with Array Constants

Please make the Data Validation List feature work with array constants.
    Like to be able to define a named Array Constant and use that in a Validation List. After all they are both lists and the Data Validation list works with a classic Named Array.

Requirement scenario is to share a workbook across organisations and ensure consistent data entry or option selection without VBA, as VBA is often stripped/blocked at organisational boundaries. This would be a very simple and straightforward solution improving user experience and organisational efficiency.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an option to Save All

Currently the only way to do a Save All is to quit Excel and choose Save Al in the alert that shows up. It would be really great if there were a command to allow saving all at any time without having to Quit Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base