Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Copy > Paste Link..

Repeatedly get an error message (Alert - Unable to paste link) when I use Copy > Paste Link from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I'm using latest Office 365 version of Excel on my Mac
    This is causing me to lose considerable productive time.
    Please can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. phonetic関数が途中までしか反映されず、後半が化けてしまう。改善してほしい。

windowsでは正しく反映されるが、マックでは反映されずストレスを感じる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. what if we added a choice to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?

what if we can add a choice for users to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?
    as excel user, I start using first sheet, then second one then third one then I find myself using high NO of sheets which makes finding specific sheet boring and frustrating. and if we have high NO of sheets, it will be harder even if I name the sheets

but what if we had the ability to transfer all sheets from bottom to left side from top as they fill all column A and column A starts the next…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I found what I think is a significant bug in Excel for Mac 16.29.1. I would like to show it to MS. How?

In some cases adding two numbers gives an incorrect result. A digit incorrectly shows up in the 12th decimal position in the result when adding two numbers that are truncated to just two decimal places. The xlsx file attached shows an example. I'm attaching a PDF of the same file to show these results in case another version of Excel gives different results with the xlsx file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restore Customize Keyboard to equivalent functionality as in 2011

2019 has restored Tools > Customize Keyboard..., but it's quite weak compared to 2011's. First, there's no All Commands category. While there is a search, it only searches the selected category (and there's no way to select multiple categories), so you have to enter the search term then click through every category manually, which is kind of insane. Next, many, if not most of the commands have a description that's the same as the name of the command. Why bother? Finally, numerous commands are missing, even though the underlying functionality is still there. My most missed is Paste Values, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MORE EFFORT FOR NAIVE USERS

Many Microsoft products are so crammed with new features that make it difficult for folks like us that have not site manager. New systems suddenly morf without warning. For example, I edit types by letter, but the cursor clamps onto words when I want letters. Simple thing often do not appear in the help files. It would be nice to have a "old setup" option to let us start to adapt the new versions without sudden adaptation. And this is true with other MSFT office and other products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get external data from the web

How to make it easier to get external data from the web for mac users. I can't do it for some reason. I have saved plain text query in word and when I run the saved web query what gets upload is the hyperlink address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support Forms! This should have been done from the start. I did not see it was not in Office for Mac 2019 when compared to the subscription.

What other Windows features have you omitted to implement? Do I have to pay for this basic feature by buying O for Mac again?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow generation of pivot table from multiple sheets

Be able to create a pivot table from multiple sheets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Simple feature is not available for Mac

The thing is so simple and the video ise explain it so good. Please Watch it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Excel for Mac to connect to list data in SharePoint Online

It is currently not possible to connect Excel for Mac to data in a SharePoint list. That makes both Excel and SharePoint less functional in a wide variety of organizations, and makes SPO lists essentially useless in environments where they're updated from time to time.

Microsoft has developed a robust sync tool that works between Mac and SharePoint Online. Perhaps that could be adapted in a unidirectional way?

In any event, please consider for development.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow 'Refresh All' Functionality in the Data Tab to pull fresh data from External Sources like Windows allows

Excel on IOS currently does not support the functionality to pull data from external sources e.g Stock prices, FX Rates , table imports from the web.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. In the Replace dialog, CMD+A executes Replace All instead of selecting all the text in the current field

when replacing text, if I CMD+A to highlight all of the field, it instead executes the Replace All command...............

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable the editing of Group Boxes on Mac like on Windows... Need to be able to get rid of name and border on Group boxes

I'm creating a survey with Likert Scale 1-6 for a few dozen questions/statements. So each needs to be in its own group box, which is okay, but Excel for Mac doesn't allow me to make the group box border invisible and delete the group box name. Windows does this. Please make the versions compatible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We want more colors!!!

Custom color options for cells would be awesome for Excel online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Find All to the Advanced Find dialog box with list view

When using the Advanced Search box, add the Find All button (similar to the Windows version). After selecting Find All, display a list view in the same dialog box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. VBA compatibility between Office 2016(16.16...) and Office 2019 (16.26)

I recently notice that files saved with Office 2016 do not work on Office 2019 (16.26) and vice et versa. Either crash or showing compilation error or internal errors with librairy. It was not the case with Office 2019 (16.25).
    Please fix...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base