Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 立即消灭史无前例的在EXCEL输入中文的过度迟钝和无故退出之弊端!

立即消灭史无前例的在EXCEL2011输入中文的过度迟钝和无故退出之弊端!这种情况以前没有,只是近期2个月的病枯。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. text to colums not working in 14.7.1 (161129) with multi-line cell data

Going through the wizard works fine - seem to recognize delimiter Alt/Option 013 (note macOS - would be 010 under Windows). Produces one column including only first line of each cell. Throws away all other lines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: Version 14.7.1 on OS X 10.10.5, error

Version 14.7.1 on OS X 10.10.5, attempting to switch workbook windows using Command+~ while entering a formula results in an error message. See the attached screen shot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alert user before deleting cells that are referenced by other cells to avoid #REF

Alert user before deleting cells that are referenced by other cells to avoid #REF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hebrew Lunar Calendar

Excel gives calendar support for the Arabic calendar.

I am sure there are many highly technical users working with spreadsheets with arabic calendars (pyrotechnic engineers? Pilot trainees?)

Certainly Microsoft is making enough money off the backs of the many Jewish engineers working for them in Israel, that they could finally get around to converting the Lunar calendar, which would Jewish Excel users to sort a column on Jewish dates. And please add it as patch for Office 2011, as many are more comfortable with that version vs later revs.

PS - Someone did most of the work here, but it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Decimals

My office 27" Mac with 2011 Office has decimals, but not my home laptop with same OS & OFFICE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hi tech computer literature people

No tutorial for your terminology. What do they terms mean and example for when it may used. I am trying emigrate from Office 2007 or 8 to this new Office for mac 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Links between spreadsheets don´t work !!!!

As tittle says, with the new update, links with another excel spreadsheets don´t work. And this is very very important !!!! Please, fix it asap.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. see below

When using the fill handle for copying right by dragging a cell that references another sheet and the cell being copied is in date format; the formatting is also copied so the new cell if it is to reference a number; is returned as a date instead of a number and it must then be manually formatted as a number. OK within the same sheet but not ok when. referencing data in another sheet. Alpha data is returned as alpha data; Version 15.3 (170104)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel 2016 for Mac - external links do not hold the current values, but put 0

The issues are confirmed for versions 15.26 and 15.27, and did not happen for version 15.24; there is an Excel file which has an external link to another Excel file which is on a computer which is on the network but not be shared; when we open the file in Windows Excel 2013, the values associated with the link are held in the cells; however, opening the file in Mac Excel 2016, those cells get zero (0) and another cells which are calculated based on the linked values go to wrong values. This is very critical as the file is…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. when opening files in Finder instead of having to go to My Mac or One Drive, show list of all files in folder, same as Excel 2011

when opening files in Finder instead of having to go to My Mac or One Drive, show list of all files in folder, same as Excel 2011

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HEEEEEEEEEEELP !

Erreur "mémoire insuffisante" et aucun moyen de m'en sortir... Besoin de travailler, moi !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save function/formula string used regularly to recall easily

I think it would be very useful to be able to save a formula that you use regularly to recall. For instance, I have a formula I use to change the last character instance in a cell and it would be nice to be able to recall it by typing something like "=changelastcharacterinstance"

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,”find”,”replace”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,”find”,””)))

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. word cloud / wordcloud

Please create functionality to create wordclouds / word clouds in excel. there are thirdparty solutions like wordle but it would be good to do it directly in excel. like marking a table and create a word cloud based on that type of info.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Autofill for decimal numbers calculates wrong

Used autofill with a {1.1, 1.2, 1.3} sequence for 50 values it seem to work and completed to 6.0 as expected however I noticed the 6.0 is actually 5.99999999999999, but this behavior is not consistent and other numbers are correct like 4.5 and 1.5.

My 0.2 cents ... is using a float for calculation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Persistent font downloads

Office 2011 v14 seems to have persistent font downloads whenever I open Excel and Powerpoint. The downloads appear to be random, and it keeps asking me to download the same fonts over and over again (e.g. Osaka) when I re-launch the app. Any idea on how to fix this? It just started recently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Extend Support to VB.NET on Xamarin

This will support cross-platform addins, native custom worksheet controls, an existing cross-platform IDE, and, especially, an easier migration for current VBA coders than moving to the javascript API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base