Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD OLAP support for Office 365 Excel

Is it possible to have Office 365 Excel support OLAP?

Personally, my work as a Data Analyst in my company is largely (in fact at all times) dependent on this feature. At the moment, I need to be moving with both Windows and Mac machines if I need to get work done on time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There are files that was created using the Excel 2011. When opening it in Excel 365, the highlighted texts are not all highlighted anymore.

There are files that was created using the Excel 2011. When opening it in Excel 365, the highlighted texts are not all highlighted anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select only visible cell as COMMAND+Shift+8

On older versions of Mac Excel the key combination of COMMAND+SHIFT+8 would select only visible cells. Now (v.13.64) it does not. You need to press OPTIONS+;
    Please re-add this function back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When editing in cell, please re-add COMMAND+A as a select all option

On older version of Excel, when you were editing a formula in a cell, if you pressed COMMAND+A, all the text would be selected. Now, the same combination of keys does nothing.
    Please re-add this function!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel 16.36 for mac not moving sheets to new workbook or able to print to pdf

Excel 16.36 for mac not moving/copying sheets to new workbook or able to print to pdf

Does not generate previews and print empty pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Um problema não solucionado é a conversão de arquivos .csv para arquivos .xlsx. A acentuação sempre sai errada!

m problema não solucionado é a conversão de arquivos .csv para arquivos .xlsx. A acentuação sempre sai errada!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel freezes constantly - Cataline on 2012 Mac

Excel is constantly freezing up after updating to Catalina OSX. I will force quite excel and open again and whenever I would click on a cell it just freezes, leaving no option but to quit excel and try again later. Some days it would work for longer than others. No such issue on Excel on Windows- very frustrating to deal with it as studies are heavily dependent on excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. md5 hash function

Please implement the MD5 hash function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000

Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000. 10,000 is way too small when we deal with our data base. Is there maybe a way to increase this manually ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please rename AutoSave. People confuse it with AutoRecover

People do not understand that AutoSave is a new feature for OneDrive and SharePoint. They constantly mistake it for AutoRecover. AutoSave should be renamed something like CloudVersions or CloudRestore to indicate that it involves only files saved to the cloud,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Map charts: include Cyprus as part of Europe

When creating a chloropleth map chart based on European Union data, we cannot set the map area to 'Multiple countries/regions'. We only have the options 'Automatic', 'Only regions with data' and 'World'; 'Automatic shows the world map.

If the data point for Cyprus is removed, we are able to set the map area to 'Multiple countries/regions' and show Europe only, including countries for which there are no data. This suggests that Excel maps do not consider Cyprus to be part of Europe.

As Cyprus is a member of the European Union, please update the map so that Europe includes Cyprus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My Excel 2016 is part of Office 365. Excel has stopped playing a sound on saving a file and it changes centimetres to inches. Can this stop

My Excel 2016 is part of Office 365. Excel has stopped playing a sound on saving a workbook and it changes centimetres to inches. Can this be stopped? I can change this by going to General/Preferences and tick the play sound box and change inches to centimetres. But this is only while the workbook in use is open. After closing Excel reverts to no sound on saving and inches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quit automatically hiding columns and allow the user to see their own data without "unhiding" what I never hid in the first place!

Crazy, I know. Every time I work with my grade book I have to "Unhide" valuable information that the useful program thinks I don't need to see. I have added columns to the left in order to stop this, yet the dumb program keeps hiding the names of my teachers. Why can't I format the document to NEVER hide anything unless I ask it to?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Userforms to VBA in excel for Mac

UserForms are not available in excel for Mac users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Excel for Mac v16.34. When using Data > New Database Query > From Database (via ODBC), I'm seeing Tables listed in the Navigator treeview, but not Views. I can see that the dialog is calling the SQLTables() method, which results in both Show Tables; and Show Views; calls to my backend database (Snowflake), but I don't see the Views represented in the Treeview. I can execute SQL against the view, I just don't see them in the treeview.
    FWIW, this works perfectly in the Windows version of Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow "good morning" to be hidden

The "good morning" on the home page of Excel (and other Office applications) feels very patronising and childish. Could we have an option to hide it please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Conditional Formatting

When rows are inserted into a worksheet with conditional formatting, the cell (or range) references in the conditional formatting change. Fix the system so that the insertion of a row or column into an area covered by conditional formatting adopts the format (this part may already be the case) AND the formatting cell range reference in the Conditional Formatting dialog box does not get fragmented addresses; the range stays the same.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Newest Update for Microsoft Excel for Mac 16.36.20022400

Newest Update for Microsoft Excel for Mac 16.36.20022400 completely crashed when I tried to open the application today after the Insider Fast Update and I have to uninstall it and reinstall a bit earlier version to make sure my Excel is still working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stocks

This looks like a great product. I would not mind being involved in further developing this function in excel.

You can call me at (914) 354 - 4507 or email at marionoel@mnmcapitalllc.com.

Can you please add the following filters? or column selection.

o ADTV 90 Days - Average Daily Trading Volume 90 Days
    o ADTV 10 Days - Average Daily Trading Volume 10 Days
    o CEO Name
    o CFO Name
    o President Name
    o Company Website Link URL
    o Enterprise Value
    o Revenue
    o EBITDA
    o Assets
    o Cash
    o Accounts Receivables
    o Inventory
    o PPE - Net Property…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base