Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, fix your problem with MAC Excel's ability to open https hyperlinks!!!!

I swear if I read "cannot open the internet server or proxy server" ONE MORE TIME I WILL THROW THIS COMPUTER THROUGH THE WINDOW. The addresses have been verified by a third party certifier. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMETHING SO SIMPLE CONTINUES TO BE A PROBLEM!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a feature that can let csv file imported in excel

There is no any ways to import csv file in excel for iPad Pro. Could you plz find out a solution to deal with this problem? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed images in cells

Users should have the ability to embed and image into a cell, so that when you sort data alphabetically, the image moves with its respective column. If google sheets can do this, so can Excel. The "move and size with cells" as well as "move but don't size with cells" options do nothing to help when alphabetizing other data in the same row.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get external data from the web

How to make it easier to get external data from the web for mac users. I can't do it for some reason. I have saved plain text query in word and when I run the saved web query what gets upload is the hyperlink address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back distinct msgbox displays according to vbconstant used as (it is with PC)

Msgbox "Hello", vbQuestion show the same window (with the same logo on the left) as Msgbox "Hello", vbInformation or Msgbox "Hello", vbExclamation although it is fine with Msgbox "Hello", vbCritical

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the scatter plot bug where 60=6.0

I have come across this strange bug/feature a few times in Excel, scratched my head and exported my data to Kaleidagraph in order to make a plot that's correct, but this time I drilled a bit deeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tOO6dJx6v0

It seems that if you make a scatter plot (perhaps other plots as well?) using data created with the function "indirect" Excel chooses "Custom" as the number format for the graph and the format "0.0" which for some inexplicable reason displays 60 as 6.0. I have found a workaround (shown in the video clip above), but surely Excel is not supposed to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Excel: UserForm option should be returned in Excel.

The UserForm command is not available in Office 365 (Excel). I need it!!
    Especially as user interface to fill in data in large Excelsheets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. row shortcut

Add shortcut control + '+' to insert a new row (MacBook Pro keyboard without NumBlock)
    (like control + '-' to delete the marked row)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel files can't be found with the recent update. What have you done?!

It shows some files but they are blank and it tells me I have the name wrong and to check the spelling! Not true. This is so frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customized asset management - Gestion tailles personnalisées

I sometimes use Excel documents with a special layout (for example: width 1000 mm x height 100 mm). With Excel 2011, there was no problem. the standard procedure of setting the paper size ("manage custom sizes ...") from the print window allowed to get Pdf files with the correct layout.
    With Excel 2019 (version 16.31 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1), custom size management does not work properly. The situation is abnormal and needs to be addressed.

J'utilise parfois des documents Excel dont la mise en page est spéciale (par exemple : largeur 1000 mm x hauteur 100 mm). Avec Excel 2011,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Protecting workbook from being opened

It is preposterous that there is no mechanism to protect (all the sheets) in a workbook from being opened with one command. This is massive feature weakness.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Toggle automatic formatting of dates.

The automatic formatting of numbers to dates is incredibly frustrating when you dont want it. I am often in a situation where I need to paste a table into Excel, for instance to calculate something from the table. It always happens that some cells in the table get autoformatted as dates and this is extremely annoying. The work-arounds are difficult and cumbersome and I can never remember what they are, so my workflow gets interrupted because I have to google how to do it.

I have very little use for the autoformatting of dates, but i appreciate that some people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow fill handle and cell drag-and-drop

I don't understand why these two features are lumped together in one check box because they are totally different features. I like the fill handle, but not drag-and-drop. As a result, I have this option set to off by default so I don't accidentally drag cells, but then I have to turn it on every time I want to use the fill handle. Please make a separate button for each feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My excel crashing if I run VBA macro that has looping formula

My excel crashing if I run VBA macro that has looping formula.

I try to press esc twice and CTRL+. to stop the VBA macro calculation, however nothing happening, so I need to force quit my excel.

When I try the same file in Excel PC, it works perfectly, I can stop the looping with Esc button.

Please fix this issues on next version of Excel, I think this issue occurs because Excel for mac take much GPU Resources when run a looping VBA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drucken im Querformat

Möglichkeit zum Drucken von Querformaten nicht nur anbieten, sondern auch ohne Verkleinerungen durchführen! Das ist momentan nicht möglich oder ziemlich aufwändig!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When will Excel for Mac bring back the shortcut for align right Command R?

I was just reading complaints about this from 2017. Now we're at the end of 2019 and it's still not there, unless I'm missing something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base