Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search result highlight

Please properly highlight the cell that contains the searched result. Show it with a different color or blinking border or something. Now it is very difficult to locate the cell containing searched result if there is a lot of content in the worksheet. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. . Online security is as important as any other security.

The Internet is surging with digital threats. Every other device is under attack either by some cybercriminal or malicious software. It is high time that we must install McAfee Antivirus software to protect our devices and data from web-based threats. McAfee offers a number of advanced versions that you can select from. Once you choose the compatible product, visit the site mcafee.com/activate to activate the purchased product.

visit my site :- https://centralbitdefenderinstallation.mypixieset.com/
    https://mcafeecomactivate.yahoosites.com

https://sites.google.com/a/sy4norton.com/uknortoncomsetup
    https://sites.google.com/a/a1office.co.uk/officesetup/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create relationships between tables in Excel in Microsoft 365 for MAC

MS Office 365 is not fully translatable. The option for relationships and Power Pivot is not available for MAC as it is when using a PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. money in excel: please add the ability to import transactions, even if if its from a very specifically formatted csv, xls, or ofx file

money in excel: please consider adding the ability to import transactions, even if if its from a very specifically formatted csv, xls, or ofx file. This is very useful for unsupported and non-usa banks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft Office undoubtedly provides one of the best productivity

Microsoft Office undoubtedly provides one of the best productivity toolkits and software. Each of its applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint serves specific purposes. It also includes in-built features like MS Teams and cloud storage to enhance your productivity even more. If you purchase the MS Office 2019, it will be a one-time purchase but if you go for MS Office 365, it will be a subscription-based plan. These are the latest MS Office suites that will offer excellent results. You can know more about these products by visiting the site https://us9office.com/ .

https://ms9office.uk.net/

https://ms5office.uk.net/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change the vlookup formula to have a default value if the formula returns an error

I have to wrap my vlookups in an IF statement to check for the result being ISNA. Would be amazingly helpfuly if it could take another input patameter to default on any error condition (e.g. 0 or space are ones that I would use most often).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lose the number of rows and columns and make it more stable and quicker

it takes forever and keeps crashing even when you are using less than 500 rows and columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Lose the number of rows and columns and make it more stable and quicker

it takes forever and keeps crashing even when you are using less than 500 rows and colomns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speed up copy paste on Excel 365 for Mac

Hi, I have a powerful Mac (Macbook Pro, 2 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core, 16 GB 3733 MHz ram), with the latest version of Mac OS 11.2.3.
    At work I copy a lot of data in Excel tables but, after copying even a few boxes, it always takes 3-4 seconds to paste: for hundreds of copy and paste the waste of time is annoying.
    I have this problem since I use Office 365: with the previous version of Office (Office for Mac) this problem was not there.
    I ask if you can evaluate and possibly speed up the copy paste.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. money in excel

Money in Excel Manual Accounts

I have a couple accounts that I use that aren't currently supported by Plaid, specially T-Mobile Money, Apple Card, and cash (yes, paper money!). Adding manual accounts and transactions would be a nice interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

We could not open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on mac Excel 16 version. It is make our job hard to update pivot table.

We need to install office 2011 to run the report.
    Is there any possible you could add the feature in to mac version of Excel? And we notice pivottable and pivotchart wizard function is works on windows system.

We believe there is way to add this comment to the mac version excel.
    and could you please add it in?

We really don't want to keep switch different version of excel or jump in windows system to run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

There is no option to open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on Mac Excel 16 version. It make us very hard to update pivot table data.
    This option can do on windows version of excel. We believe it could be add in to mac version.

Could you please make the improvement and add this features in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RE: Blank pages are unexpectedly

it's long been an issue where you go to print something from excel and the print preview shows blank. I've noticed that if I select multiple pages it still shows as one page attempting to print (i.e. I cannot scroll through the sheets at preview).

This indicates that there is an issue with the system print function within Excel.

I have been able to reestablish this connection by opening a different file (than the one that "prints blank") and going to the print function on that document. It generally works so I follow through by either printing or making a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Insert Data from Picture was great.

I paid for the full licensed retail version of Excel 2019, which included Insert Data from Picture. Then, several months later, the feature was unceremoniously removed. I actually wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to get it back. I've since discovered that it is now only available for Microsoft 365 subscriptions, rather than for retail licenses. The problem is, I didn't buy some shareware or freemium software. I purchased a full Excel package, and it's really upsetting to have Microsoft nerf my software, after it is paid for. And at the minimum it wasn't disclosed as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow MM/DD/YY as a default date format

Allow us to set the date format somewhere! I like to use MM/DD/YY format, to keep columns neat and tidy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Money in Excel Manual Accounts Add Orange County Credit Union to Money in Excel

Add Orange County Credit Union (OCCU) to Money in Excel Financial Institutions (https://www.orangecountyscu.org)

Money in Excel doesn't show OCCU in Financial Institutions list from Plaid. I've been able to previously add account via login link from other Plaid applications.

Adding manual accounts via institutions login URL would be a nice as an interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base