Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have an Excel file which is encrypted using an Excel add-in on Windows machine. It is then taken to a Mac machine.

I have an Excel file which is encrypted using an Excel add-in on Windows machine. It is then taken to a Mac machine.
    On Excel 2011 Mac machine, this file does not open at all, and does not throw any error. We know on Mac the add-ins won’t work (or is there a way to make them work) but the expectation at least is that Excel for Mac should throw an error saying that an add-in is not installed on the box and thereby the error.
    If you could please add the required error message, it would help us a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix 15.12.3 formatting problems

Recent Excel for Mac update (15.12.3) is not formatting right justified cells properly (Arial font). Display of same cells in previous version (15.11.2) is fine. See examples at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macexcel/anyone-else-note-that-excel-for-mac-15123-is-not/0ca495b4-3e9c-4081-a9be-0279673d416c.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug: Excel in Office 2016 search box focus is not maintained when switching apps

I found a search focus problem when switching apps.

For example, I have multiple Excel spreadsheets open. In one of them my input cursor is in the search field at the top right. Then I use CMD+Tab to switch to another app to check a list for the next thing I want to search. Then I use CMD+Tab to switch back to Excel.

Even though the search field seems to still be selected, the input focus is actually now in a completely different open spreadsheet. So if I start typing, instead of entering a new search, I'm typing in a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ODBC tables break

I have a file that uses QODBC on a remote desktop (Excel 2010) that whenever I copy to my Mac and try to open breaks. It strips the tables' connections and deletes any formula that points to the table.

Is there a way to fix this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 44 45 46 48 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base