Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy paste conditional formatting only

Being able to copy conditional formatting and paste it without pasting the all format of the cell, only the conditional formatting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give us a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste formatting (please!)

I LOVE the paintbrush button (copy/paste formatting) but I desperately need a keyboard shortcut for it!

(Either a pre-set shortcut, or the ability to create my own keyboard shortcuts ...)

Thanks in advance :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the scroll wheel in the VBA editor in version 16.10.

In the VBA editor window of v. 16.10, the edit window doesn't seem to recognize the system-preferences setting for scrolling speed and defaults to the slowest-possible value. This effectively disables the scroll wheel on the mouse, creating a serious nuisance for anyone who's accustomed to using the thing. The problem affects only the mouse wheel and not scrolling from a touchpad suggesting that it's a small oversight rather than a major issue. Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stock Quotes

Add formula to add stock quotes in realtime, like google sheets has the ability to do. I don't want to run a excel add-on to find these quotes. This would be very helpful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Redshift ODBC Drivers compatible with Excel

ODBC compatibility with Redshift Driver
    Can you make the Redshift Driver compatible with Excel 2016 MAC OS X (El Capitan or higher) as the current setup is broken as it gives the following errors:
    IM003 [iODBC][Driver Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded

00000 [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/opt/amazon/redshift/lib/libamazonredshiftodbc.dylib, 6): no suitable image found. Did find: /opt/amazon/redshift/lib/libamazonredshiftodbc.dylib: open() failed with errno=1

However, when testing the ODBC connection to Redshift via odbctest command line was successful.

I understand that Redshift ODBC Drivers are not supported therefore, this needs to be supported.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable oversized spreadsheets to be saved as one single image PDF or Jpeg

I tis asinine that users are unable to convert or save oversized spreadsheets as one single image PDF or Jpeg.
    There are comments going back to the early 90's asking for this feature. Nice to know Microsoft is so empathetic and in tune with their users needs.
    By the way your chat is useless

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. offline help

Please bring back offline help! There are so many situations where I do not have an intenet connection but still need your help documents!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Userforms that are modeless

Allow Excel for Mac to support Userforms that are modeless, so that the Userform will not interrupt editing of the worksheet while the user form is shown.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve auto-recovery!

It is notIdea, rather requirement for correction of Office for Mac;

Excel (and Word) are crashing, Auto-recovery does not work and Auto-recovery folder is not traceable in Library

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to highlight active row/column

Add the ability to highlight the active row and column that we've currently clicked on; would be useful for both windows and mac

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. conditional cell formatting

Like in google sheets, provided conditional cell formatting. For example, in cell C1, if the value is above zero, the cell's text will turn green. If below zero, the cell's text will turn red.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically Re-open Excel Files on Reboot or Login

Mac Excel doesn't support native Mac application behaviours such as Sudden Termination and User Interface Preservation.

In practice what this means, is that whenever you log off, reboot, or hard reboot, Excel will not open the files which you were previously editing, but will pop up an open file dialog (or worse, a popup stating that Excel was improperly shut down; and this popup consumes 100% cpu until Excel is clicked on).

Mac users are not usually subjected to these very Windows-like practices.

The usual Mac experience with shutting down, logging off, or re-booting, is that when you log on…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Autorecover

Please fix the autorecover feature.

Both my computers fail to save autorecover files for Excel in version 16.9 (though fine for Word) and when crashes occur the "recovered" files are in fact the last files I manually saved, though sometimes with "(version 1)" added to the filename at the top of the window.

For a productivity application, a non-working autorecover feature is terrible.

The AutoSave option isn't much of a substitute as it only seems to work with files opened from OneDrive online, not the OneDrive or any other folder on the Mac itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Independent filter/searches in excel on line for multiple users

Re: Excel online sharing on onedrive

It would be helpful if multiple users could access the same file online to edit/update/delete records AND be able to perform filter/contains searches independently (dynamically) without effecting the other users visibility.

The spreadsheet we are using has 8,500+ rows of data.

Thank you.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use of “Save As” Command Crashes Excel

I have Excel 2016 for Mac (Office 365) and I find that whenever I open an existing worksheet, edit it, and try to save it under a new name using Excel’s “Save As” command, Excel freezes and I always have to close it using the macOS “Force Quit” command.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2018 losing copy and paste

In 2010 and 2017 one could copy and repeatedly past text acrosss multiple cells. A Microsoft update in 2018 has killed that function. Work around is cumbersome
    I have reverted to my 2011 Macbook with 2010 excel and copy the completed file to a usb stick, then copy file to 2017 Macbook Microsoft admits this is a known issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cursor not properly positioned when editing directly inside cell

Another user posted this issue and it's been marked as "completed". Many of us are still having the same problem more than a year after the fix was rolled out. I am reposting it as an issue.

Original description: I found out that if you have longer texts (>20 chars) inside an Excel Cell and you try to edit them the more you get to the right of the text the more the cursor is drawn off to the left of the characters it is actually between. Cursor Position seems to be calculated wrong. I am using Standard Calibri Font.…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base