Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have a problem for office excel 365 for Mac air

I have been using office 365 home edition with my MacBook Pro and now I recently bought MacBook Air and set my office account to sync with this new Mac air. I have been saving my excel files on OneDrive. When I open an excel file, the column width and the print page setups, all was mixed. I checked the same file on macbook pro it was ok. I have copied all the excel preferences from MacBook Pro but still having the same problem. Does anyone experience this thing before or any clue to solve my problem.
    thank you in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sheet tabs

Allow user to specify location of sheet tabs (top, bottom, left, right)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesnt have this. Need it desperately

alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesn't have this. Need it desperately

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. office 365

Make power query and power pivot available for excel macOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel 16.33 for Mac has a bug the prevents the display of cells that have been formatted as "Currency"

When selecting a cell and changing the format to "Currency," the cell vanishes. The value is still there, however is does not display to screen. When re-formatting back to "Number" the cell re-appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Typing words disappear from the screen

In the Mac new version 16.33 (19122502)
    When I try to type some words such as £/€, the word disappears from the screen and only when clicked could it be seen from the screen, and it appears quite strange

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Importing web page into worksheet

I used office 365 personal subscription. I need to import any tables on web page into my worksheet. But I have tried many times to do that, and contacted to support as well. They said this feature is not available on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A real worksheet template

I create a lot of workbooks with a repetitive worksheet. For example, a workbook would contain multiple sheets representing a particular day for a project, with the workbook representing the project.

Each of these worksheets have exactly the same formulas and layout, so I create a 'template' worksheet in the workbook, which is then copied to create each of the worksheets.

If I want to change the template, I have to go through each of the copies to manually alter the formulas.

What would be cool is:

1. Create a worksheet as a template

2. Reference that template in copies (Copy from…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Keyboard Shortcuts in VBE

The visual basic for applications editor for the Mac does not have the ability to edit keyboard shortcuts. The most common editing shortcut used is to step through code while debugging. In windows VBE this is F8, and those of us who are familiar with the windows version would like to have the same experience on the Mac. The current keyboard shortcut requires two hands and makes it very awkward to step through and debug your code.

According to Madoc Huang MSFT in the Microsoft community forum, I should post this here because this feature is not available on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Data "Form" for excel users on Mac computers

I really miss having Data "Form" available for excel users on MAC computers. Is there any chance this can be reinstalled. I use it all the time with my spreadsheets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AutoFilter Spacebar Selector

Like in Windows, it would be much faster to use keyboard shortcuts for things like selecting items in the AutoFilter list (i.e. using the space bar). As of today, you cannot highlight and select different items in the filter list without the mouse. Also annoying, is the fact that selections are applied instantly, causing nonsense CPU work and worse yet the window shifts in view as calculations are running. Messy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working

Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working.
    Excel will open but will not open an excel file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add icons to charting bling to make better charts like in Windows

It is nice in a column chart to see meaningful pictures instead of boring bars. Mac only allows you to import an image. Windows supplies a library of icons making it easier and more robust.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows

Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows.

Currently, there are too many missing VBA elements missing. It is a major problem for those of us with mixed environments. Many things that worked under Excel 2011 no longer work in 2016.

Why is the not being addressed?

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Internet Query Connection (.iqy files)

It would be helpful for Excel to Mac to support internet query connections.

When exporting a list from Sharepoint, the .iqy file is downloaded, which I subsequently can't open in Excel for Mac.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable (or re-enable?) pivot table drill down

We're being asked to look into why Mac users can no longer double click into a pivot table to bring up a new tab with the relevant records attached. I've now had this from at least 2 people saying it used to work but a recent update (at least a month ago) has stopped it. I wasn't aware of this before it was reported so I don't know if it used to work or not. It's how our managers get their management accounts and so this is quite important. We're having to work around it with remote desktop services but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Conditional Formatting

When rows are inserted into a worksheet with conditional formatting, the cell (or range) references in the conditional formatting change. Fix the system so that the insertion of a row or column into an area covered by conditional formatting adopts the format (this part may already be the case) AND the formatting cell range reference in the Conditional Formatting dialog box does not get fragmented addresses; the range stays the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PowerQuery data refresh from SharePoint Online CSV file

The latest Excel for Mac (v 16.29 and later) can refresh from Text, CSV, XLSX, XML and JSON files, but not when those files are on SharePoint Online (or other cloud storage locations). Please add this functionality, as we are moving to SPO and away from file servers. I know I can refresh from a local copy (via OneDrive sync client), but each person's local file path may be different, so a shared Excel file won't update correctly for each person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A function to populate another cell

A function to populate another cell. Something like;

IF(a1<>0,LET a5=a1,LETa5="") as a function in any cell other than a1 or a5

This populates a5 if the condition is met but enables a value to be typed into a5 without overwriting a formula.

As far as I know, this can only be done today with VBA. This would be so useful to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base