Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Macros to be Enabled by Workbook

Rather than make Macro behavior global, give us the ability to Enable them within individual Workbooks so we don't have to see the alert dialogue each time that Workbook is opened. I would suggest putting a setting in the Properties and adding a button/link to the dialogue options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stocks

I have Excel Home and Student 2019 and the stocks function does not work. I am able to convert the stock (RRR--> Red Rocks Resort) but I am unable to get any of the data on that stock to reflect in a new column on the table. After spending close to an hour with Microsoft support, I was told stocks was only supported on Office 365. It would be super cool to add it to Office Home and Student in the next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel is ****. Microsoft is unreliable, frustrating ****. Microsoft support os ****. Make some reliable software you useless geeks!!!

Excel is ! Won't open files. Only creates new files but will not open existing files. Make some reliable software you useless geeks!!! Tell Bill Gates to take his billions that he's made from selling software to the rest of the world and bugger off. Microsoft is ****.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Right Click Problem

The current version of Excel for Mac (19120904) could not use right click to appear the format cells function and other functions such as insert/remove the cell/row/columns, which is not good for editing data

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data "Form" for excel users on Mac computers

I really miss having Data "Form" available for excel users on MAC computers. Is there any chance this can be reinstalled. I use it all the time with my spreadsheets.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. translation function

It would be a great time saver if there was a translation function that worked like a reference function. Especially if you work internationally and have to enter 2 languages in e.g. a list to make it easier to understand, this function would be very practical, because you would have to enter it once and then you could transfer it to the other cells.
    For example: column A is German and column B should contain the corresponding English translations. Instead of having to translate everything manually, a function would be simpler here, which would transfer the following information: If A1…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Csv files for mac should have support for Norwegian.

When opening a CSV file it converts Norwegian letters into different characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Speed up the filter function on Excel for MacOs to work the same as the Windows version

Filtering is infuriatinly slow---the filter changes the display as I update the selection, but takes a huge amount of time to do so.

On the Windows version, the display dews;'t change until the filter dialogue box is complete, and the action is completed faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I need and would like to be able to open up the dialogue box on my Mac.

I am taking a course at the local community college in my home town, it seems that the course text book is geared more towards the pc version while I have a Mac. I have ran into a complication where in a homework assignment one step it is asking me to do is to expand the dialogue box. However with the version that downloaded from the school that function is not available for the Mac. Please include this function in the next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel charts confusing menu item

In Excel 16.34 (Office 365), when working on a chart, the Menu option Data\Chart source data is not greyed out when nothing is selected, which is confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Excel charts confusing menu item

In Excel 16.34 (Office 365), when working on a chart, the Menu option Data\Chart source data is not greyed out when nothing is selected, which is confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please improve the ASC and JIS functions

Please improve the ASC and JIS functions so that:
    they can apply to:
    - only romajis,
    - only katakanas,
    - both of them
    For instance, this could be like:
    - ASC(Text,-1) / JIS(Text, -1) would apply only to romajis
    - ASC(Text,1) / JIS(Text,1) would apply to katakanas only
    - ASC(Text,0) / ASC(Text) / JIS(Text,0) / JIS(Text) would apply to both, just as the present versions.

This would be very helpful for a variety of usages.
    The main usage would be to force romajis to single-byte while forcing kanas to double-byte.
    In fact, in many cases, ones would prefer transform only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please improve ASC and JIS functions

Please improve the ASC and JIS functions to that:
    they can apply to:
    - only romajis,
    - only katakanas,
    - both of them
    For instance, this could be like:
    - ASC(Text,-1) / JIS(Text, -1) would apply only to romajis
    - ASC(Text,1) / JIS(Text,1) would apply to katakanas only
    - ASC(Text,0) / ASC(Text) / JIS(Text,0) / JIS(Text) would apply to both, just as the present versions.

This would be very helpful for a variety of usages.
    The main usage would be to force romajis to single-byte while forcing kanas to double-byte.
    In fact, in many cases, ones would prefer transform only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reinstate ability to use the TAB or RETURN key to finish a formula and move to next over or down cell

I'm on a Mac OS10.14.6 using Excel v16.34. Neither the Enter nor Return nor Tab key will auto-select the Done button to finalize a created formula and then bring me to the next cell over or down.

I've hesitated to move from Excel 2011 because I'm able to, for instance, put my cursor in a cell, double-click SUM in the function dialog box (which I keep open in the window), drag/select the range of cells I want to add, then hit the Tab button to finalize the formula and move me to the cell to the right, to then use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back saving worksheet notice on bottom toolbar

In the 16.34 it appears that the saving worksheet notification with the progress bar at the bottom of the worksheet has disappeared. This is quite bothersome when saving a large worksheet as you do not know if it is saving or when it has completed a save.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix chart moving and resizing issue when opening worksheets from previous versions

When opening a worksheet created and/or opened in a previous version of Excel, any charts are re-sized and moved within the worksheet. Given that there is no VBA user form support (amongst other features) in Excel 16.3x I frequently move between the two versions. Having to re-format every chart when changing versions is a huge pain. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Office recognize SharePoint locations that are synced via OneDrive

Right now if I open an Excel file that is stored on my Mac and is synced via OneDrive - Business (SharePoint locations), Excel does not recognize that file to be an online file. It still thinks that it is stored locally (eg no AutoSaving).

But if I do the same thing with my personal OneDrive folder then it opens as an online file (eg AutoSaving works).

Can you please improve the behavior of these files?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show ScreenTips shortcuts in Excel for MAC

The best way to learn shortcuts is with this kind of intuitive in-app tips.
    I'm really struggling searching for shortcuts on the web.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base