Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New updates

I see an April 4th update states "The product icons have been redesigned to reflect simple, powerful, and intelligent Office experiences". Sorry, no pass. My idea is that you start to implement all the many ideas and fix the multitude of glitches. Then perhaps we can have a better Office experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel for Mac 2016 does not open xlsm files from Excel for Windows !

Excel for Mac version 16.15 does not open xlsm files from Excel for Windows !

Excel has a very serious error:
    Do not open the xlsm files maked with Excel for Windows, please correct it... !!!

I have tried it with all my previous excel macros files and in all it sends me a message of ERROR, when accepting that, Excel proceeds to repair it deletes all the macros that you have programmed in VBA !!!

What kind of error is that ???

PLEASE CORRECT THAT HORROR !!!! ...

The exact message is the following:

Notice: 
We have found a…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: comment rollover causes high cpu usage, lag when selecting cells.

Workaround: disable comment rollover. Either comments off, or fully on helps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. the excel auto save is slow to up date as changes are made. Should improve this process to respond quickly

excel should be able to import word or power point docs to intergrate together.
    This would allow to produce solid intergrated documents & presentations.
    This option should be available to insert excel sheets/tables into word documents as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The min function needs to work in tables that update. Currently they drop one row (result) and repeat the largest result in the new result.

I need a way to sort the data from the data entry column in a table on a nother column in ascending order. Min does not work. The new row repeats the highest results and the column drops a row. For example, imin($A$1:$A$22, $A$1:A1) in a table on a Mac does not work after adding a few numbers in A, the data entry column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Find All to Excel for Mac

There is currently no 'Find All" function in excel for Mac. This pretty severely limits how easy it is to navigate large workbooks. I used this function quite a bit when I was on a PC and would love to see it added in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SRS.EXCEL

SRS. EXCEL.:
    yo no trabajo con formulas en las celdas.
    lo que pasa es que dentro de las celdas uso codigos propios de mi rutina cotidiana en lo que se refiere a control de mis colmenas de abejas.
    gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. MAC Developer Tab > Export to XML

Please add EXPORT to XML feature to the Develop Tab for MAC. It appears to only be available for PC.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide data get and tranform including JSON to Excel transformation

This feature is provided with Windows Excel 2016 but not with Mac. Isn't it time to make the Mac software a first-class citizen with Microsoft. It seems like forever that Microsoft started supporting Mac Office, yet it still does not have all the features. Why not? I am paying you every month. Yet you still don't provide many advanced features. I will consider Pages then.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share to Microsoft Teams

Enable sharing to the Microsoft Teams application from the Excel client

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add customized footer for each page

I would like to enter a customized footer for each excel sheet that I print. For example page 1 footer is different that page 2 but I still able to keep the feature of all of them having a consistent page number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Axis Format For New Chart Types in the Excel 2016 for Mac 16.9 Release

In Excel 2016 for Mac, new chart types were introduced, including Histogram, Tree Map, Sunburst and Box and Whisker. When attempting to format the X & Y Axes, either the Format box appeared with no parameters, or no Format box shows at all. This is critical, core functionality and is needed ASAP, for example a 16.10 update. With my specific case, /i was trying to adjust Bin parameters on a Histogram, and the Format Axis box never appeared.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All – We are working to add the formatting capabilities for the new chart types. We’re hoping to release the update for this in June 2018.

We recognize there are currently some limitations with how you can use the chart types that have only recently been available in Excel for Mac, especially Histogram, and we are working hard to complete these.

16. Excel crashes and cells cannot be edited with High Sierra

Dear Excel team, this has been posted already and has 74 comments on it, but you closed it. The reason you are not seeing crash reports is because we have to kill the app and this doesn't seem to generate a crash report.

Issue is as described by 4 pages of comments, please reopen. If not then I have created this as a new issue.

If you attempt to double click in the cell or click in the function bar, then Excel freezes, by keeping the cursor in the cell and removing keyboard entry. Menu's stop working as well, the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add local Mac support for Auto-save

In earlier versions of Office for Mac (e.g. 2011) the auto-save function saved a copy to wherever on the Mac hard drive you desired - either a native folder, or iCloud or DropBox. Then 2016 and Office 365 came along and slyly required you to license OneDrive in order for this function to work. FOUL PLAY! Make it work on the native hard drive and other (more popular) cloud file-sharing services again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add local Mac support for Auto-save

In earlier versions of Office for Mac (e.g. 2011) the auto-save function saved a copy to wherever on the Mac hard drive you desired - either a native folder, or iCloud or DropBox. Then 2016 and Office 365 came along and slyly required you to license OneDrive in order for this function to work. FOUL PLAY! Make it work on the native hard drive and other (more popular) cloud file-sharing services again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The new comment threads, recently introduced in windows excel, are not compatible with the latest 2019/office 365 excel program.

Excel needs to be compatible between platforms. Unfortunately we are now experiencing data loss because of the approach Microsoft used to implement the threaded comments capability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import XML into excel

I need to import a structured xml file into excel. The xml file contains elements which contain other elements. I'd be happy to define a mapping which would excel allow to know, which elements/attributes to put into which column. The File I'd like to import is attached. However, this is jus one example.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base