Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix this Bug

Bug in Excel for Mac ver 16.49 (21050901). When making a scatter diagram (X-Y plot), the app drops out of X-Y mode, and into line chart mode when the first blank data point is encountered. the work around is to hide the blank/missing data points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to step through formulas and functions in Excel.

It would be nice for the mac version to have the same features as the windows version. Especially when I have to switch between OSes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. darkmode in the excel cells for mac

The title says it all. It should already exist a dark mode that allows the cells to turn dark as well, not only the editing options.

Ps: forcing me to opt-in of something just to post it... when you explicitly say that I can opt-out is a bad bad UX practice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend adjusted prices

STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend ADJUSTED prices. It is otherwise useless for historical prices and calculations such as historical volatility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grouping

When grouping rows or columns, it would be nice if the +/- sign (to un-/hide them) would be at the beginning and not at the end of the selected rows (columns)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the AA notation for number format ie aa ab ac ad ae number for format

The “aa” notation
    A better solution is the combination of the two: single letter notation up until (but not including) quadrillion and a two letter representation of scientific notation after trillion. It may sound confusing, but you’ll agree that it’s actually rather clear when you see it in action:

Number Written Scientific Single letter “aa”
    1 one 1 1 1
    1.000 one thousand 1×103 1k 1k
    1.000.000 one million 1×106 1m 1m
    1.000.000.000 one billion 1×109 1b 1b
    1.000.000.000.000 one trillion 1×1012 1t 1t
    1.000.000.000.000.000 one quadrillion 1×1015 1q 1aa
    1.000.000.000.000.000.000 one quintillion 1×1018 1? 1ab
    So, one quadrillion (1015)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Online security is as important as any other security

The Internet is surging with digital threats. Every other device is under attack either by some cybercriminal or malicious software. It is high time that we must install McAfee Antivirus software to protect our devices and data from web-based threats. McAfee offers a number of advanced versions that you can select from. Once you choose the compatible product, visit the site mcafee.com/activate to activate the purchased product.

visit my site :- https://help6mcafee.uk.com/

https://msclogin.co.uk/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use Python for the scripting language instead of inventing a new one

Python seems to be the universal choice for scripting languages these days, except Microsoft. I think more people would use Office products if they already knew how to program them. Please don't develop your own language. It's a waste of your time and mine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stacking Tabs

Usability: I need 23 different sheets/categories to track my finances. This results in 23 tabs, which overflow outside the window and which makes it cumbersome to switch between sheets. A BETTER solution would be to allow the tabs to be stacked into 2 horizontal rows - one on top of the other. Then instead of many mouse clicks, just one! Great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix VBE

Many issues with VBE including...

When adding part of a line of code in the editor such as select case<space> and then I pause to think auto syntax checking seems to run (even if its turned off in preferences and irrespective of whether I'm in design mode)
    The result is that the line turns red and the space is removed. The consequence is that as I type the next part of the statement the space is removed and I end up with a syntax error.
    This issue is irrespective of where I save the document (OneDrive, iCloud or local to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is there a way to truncate a column of cells in Excel ?

In Google Sheets, there is a nice function to format a column so that the words don't bleed over to the next column if there are blanks in the next column. It is part of a user-friendly icon menu that allows the user to: wrap text, truncate text or continue text to next column.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow date formate for all dates to be 4 digits

Allow dat formate to always show full year date in 4 digits.
    eg. 1880, 1980, 2001 etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to analyse survival data using Kaplan Meir graph in excel? How to do that

I want to analyse survival data using Kaplan Meir graph in excel? How to do that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it easier to share across other Apple products like I Pad and I Phone

Cannot get my Excel file to share updates on I Pad and I Phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it possible to lock a spreadsheet page on an Excel file in Excel for Mac.

I have Excel file page set at 130%, for example, it is easy to expand or contract the size with a wrong move on the MacBook control pad. Make it possible to freeze a page size in an Excel file. Resetting is a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I can't find important Data commands on Excel office 365 for Mac

I can't find important Data commands such create "relations" between tables, Get external data from "folder" or existing workbook. Is it true that this feature in not supported on Mac? At least that is what the agent told me on chat support

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Inserting Rows or Columns

When inserting rows or columns, you should have the option to put a number in if you need to add a lot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Use spacebar to check/uncheck checkboxes in pivot tables

It would be really useful to be able to check/uncheck checkboxes in pivot tables without having to rely on the mouse i.e. using the spacebar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base