Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

when others have a shared file open, i can see them in there. however if they dont have it open, i cant tell if i make changes to a document, is it a version that is shared with others, or can i use it as a working file

i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Apple Card to Money in Excel

I cannot seem to add the Apple Card to Money in Excel (probably Apple's fault), but they have recently made it possible to access my account without being forced to use my phone, so maybe its possible now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. canelones

ciudad de la costa y lomas de solymar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable F1 key

When using a new MacBook pro (with the virtual F-Keys) it would be terrific if there was an option to eliminate or disable the F1 key. F1 results in a Help popup, which interrupts the user’s work on Excel. In many financial roles, analysts, et al, would physically remove the F1 key from their keyboard as F2 is a very common key for auditing formulas in cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Clear recent documents

Please add this function to clear all recent documents at once.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make accounting number format, region friendly

currently I'm using the app in Guatemala, the currency and accounting number format is Guatemalan GTQ; but the mostly used is just Q. I wanted to modify the ribbon content but was told it cannot be changed. It would be a great thing to be able to use the "Q. ", for now, I will be using cell style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. reopen excel files on restart

Bring back the ability to reopen excel files on restart with Mac. The community has asked for this since v. 2011 and you ignore it. It has to be one of the top requests since it was removed. Very frustrating to see a great feature removed...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for moving open files

If you open (for example) a TextEdit document, start working, save it, then move the file into a different folder whilst still open: TextEdit recognises that the currently open file has moved.

However, Excel/Word etc. do not. Please add support for moving open files!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open shared link in Excel for mac

If a colleague provides a link to me, I'm unable to open it in the desktop version of the app. Even if the functionality existed via the existing open dialog, it will make my work (which currently involves searching for file in shared files which for some reason does not appear to show the file being shared even if the sharer has no permission)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts for Mac Excel should be there just like in Windows. Then it will be Perfect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add PowerPivot for Macs.

I've seen this has been a complaint going back for years and it never seems to be addressed. I am quite confident that Microsoft has the resources to provide the same functions across Mac and Windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For Macbook Pros with the context sensitive Touch Bar, add buttons showing last items copied to clipboard to paste with tap for formula edit

For Macbook Pros with the context sensitive Touch Bars, add buttons on the Touch Bar when editing cell values showing the first line of the most recently added clipboard items. Press and hold a button for a second to see the entire clipboard item added at the cursor location then tap to paste the item in the formulas or code.
    Also tap on hold on a button see the full code in the formula or code but be able to drag your finger across the clipboard item buttons to see each added to the formula or code, then tap to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to paste between two different workbooks open on same instance of Excel on Mac version of Excel

Unable to paste between two different workbooks open on same instance of Excel on Mac version of Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple set-column printing

I don't know if this is already possible..RE: printing..
    I would like to be able to print multiple "sets" of columns on each page... 1) this would decrease paper usage 2) the viewer of the report could see 2x (or more) of the data without flipping the page.
    EX: I have a list of 250 rows that are four small columns. I would like to have the first, say, 50 rows appear with the 4 columns of 1-25 rows on left side and some space and then the 26-50 four-column rows next to the first set of rows...or if the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Buttons to Quick Access Toolbar (Excel 2016, Mac)

For Excel 2016 (Mac), it is not possible to add "Open File" to the Quick Access Toolbar.

New File is there.
    Close File is there.
    Why is Open file not there? It's there in Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft Excel Version 16.39 and V16.40 Still doesn't support Khmer Unicode.

I contacted Microsoft support teams many times.
    They give me to feedback and change to old version of Excel for support Khmer unicode. (V16.30)
    Please Fix it on new version.
    I try lastest version of Excel V 16.40 (download from Office.com) still doesn't support.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Excel on windows you RC chart and it shows which type. I am a teacher and wish to do same thing on Mac I have 16.16.26 version

Make it easy for teachers to check type of graph a student has used. It is very easy on Windows. Mac should be just as easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base