Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto Row Height does not work.

Auto Row Height does not work on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Row Height does not work.

Auto Row Height does not work on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show that you listen

MICROSOFT should periodically publish a summary of significant changes it makes as a result of user input. It would help to demonstrate you actually use this input rather than just giving people a place to vent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Request of revival of gradient color feature on cells

I'd like to use Excel as sketch of the knitting diagram of Hawaiian codes.
    Then, I could express silver colors at Excel ver. before 2016, but now I cannot.
    I cannot make difference between silver color and gray color.

To express such shiny color; silver, gold, I hope that the feature will be availeble again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. wrong font size in Excel vs Word

By default, Excel seems to use Calibri 11.
    However, the font in Excel always look too small comparing side-by-side between Excel and Word at the same magnification "100%".

I wonder what might be the problem here? Has anyone notice the same problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

when others have a shared file open, i can see them in there. however if they dont have it open, i cant tell if i make changes to a document, is it a version that is shared with others, or can i use it as a working file

i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the mouse pointer for Excel for Mac

The mouse pointer is so shaky and erratic in mac. This really needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. opentype

Enable the "features" of an OpenType font. Especially the "Number Spacing" feature is really important to line up in tabular form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cant copy whole table from outlook or outer area to mac excel coloured boxes does not appear

please make it possible for data cells to copied and pasted exactly the same especially the coloured boxed they dissapear when you paste them from other apps like outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce internet connection use.

There should not be such a need for a constant internet connection with all Office apps. There are times when I cannot even cut and paste text without waiting for Excel to contact the server. That's just stupid. And no, I don't need to switch my whole computer to "Airplane Mode" as some one marked a similar suggestion as closed because. Nothing but Microsoft and Esri require constant connections. Everything else works fine without a great connection. No app should have to contact a server to cut and paste. This issue also causes problems with file versions on OneDrive, especially…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add option to disable recent fonts

It would be a great idea if there were a way to disable recent fonts.

The recent font list can get clogged up very quickly when testing which font to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PLEASE add the page & cell reference of a formula when alerting the user to an issue when the spreadsheet is opened

I open one particular spreadsheet and a warning comes up that there is a circular calculation but it doesn't tell me where and I can't find it.

I think it would be a good idea to add the page & cell reference to assist the user find the problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts for Mac Excel should be there just like in Windows. Then it will be Perfect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Money in Excel needs whole transaction detail string

MiE is pulling truncated transaction details (transaction memo field). This makes things unnecessarily difficult. Would like to see MiE pull in the entire string from bank's memo field, rather than a truncated version of it. I link to the same bank from QBO, mint and now MiE, but MiE is the only one that is cutting off the tx detail field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16 Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCE

Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16
    Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCEL from VBA. It is a very important functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Click sheet to add same cell in different sheets to a formula

Excel 2011 had the possibility to sum the same relative cell in different sheets by typing "=", and then clicking on a cell in one sheet and then just clicking the next sheet and it would add the same cell in that sheet to the formula. This functionality is no longer available in Excel 2016.

I would have thought that this functionality would have been included when Microsoft added the Preference "Enable Click To Add Mode) in May 2020 (v16.37 or higher). See https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/9603774-just-click-individual-cells-to-sum?tracking_code=5c6fb0a2180ea3d9572d151bf21fefc0
    but they didn't.

Please add this functionality when turning on "Enable Click To Add Mode.

Thank…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "find all"

Its in the windows version. Super basic feature. Has been requested for over 10 years... come on

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base