Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Historical volatility for stockhistory function

It would be great if stockhistory function provided HISTORICAL VOLATILITY for a certain asset on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or even on an annualized basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have the ruler available in the normal layout, as well as be able to edit width of columns in cm

Simple: ruler available in the normal layout and be able to measure columns and lines widths in cm, not inches

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Key Commands

Can you create Key Commands for the following:
    Add a ROW
    Add a COLUMN
    Delete a ROW
    Delete a COLUMN
    Insert COPIED cells

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Python for the scripting language instead of inventing a new one

Python seems to be the universal choice for scripting languages these days, except Microsoft. I think more people would use Office products if they already knew how to program them. Please don't develop your own language. It's a waste of your time and mine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stacking Tabs

Usability: I need 23 different sheets/categories to track my finances. This results in 23 tabs, which overflow outside the window and which makes it cumbersome to switch between sheets. A BETTER solution would be to allow the tabs to be stacked into 2 horizontal rows - one on top of the other. Then instead of many mouse clicks, just one! Great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. If I have a repeating row at top of page, the selected cell outline disappears immediately

On Excel 16.46 365 / Catalina - when I go to highlight cells to type in or insert or delete, the outline immediately disappears, if I remove the repeating row I set up in Page Set Up / Sheet then the problem goes away - but I NEED my repeating row. I had Mojave and had same problem, only thing that worked was going to 15.44 vers but now I am on Catalina and afraid to go t Big Sur after reading so many other issues. Have had MS engineer on and he says it's a buggy problem and will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Where did the Custom Keyboard tool go???

Please bring it back, why would you take that important tool away?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Money for Excel - Can't Add Credit Cards or Assets

I've been trying to use the new Money for Excel template/macro you've provided. It will only accept bank accounts, regardless of whether using Windows 10 or Mac OS. This makes it a totally unusable application. Thank you for bringing this application forward, but it just doesn't work properly. Please add the ability to add assets, credit cards, and other common financial tools.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. how i can change the lenguage

i have the latests version but appears in english.How to vchenge to Spanish?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have a "no action" case for an if statement

I have a need for a cell to be empty to allow the neighboring cell's text to spill over if the formula returns a false value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make decimal separator selectable

In Excel Windows you can choose between point or comma as decimal separator. In Excel Mac you cannot. About half of the world uses comma like Sweden and imported documents from the U.S. and some other countries always cause a lot of problems. So please let me set point or comma as decimal separator for each document.

The ideal solution would of course be a new separator that would be standard all over the world and Microsoft together with international bodies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PivotTable with Text - Add Measure

Allow a Pivot with text by adding the 'Add Measure...' feature to PivotTable Fields (as in Windows)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix VBE

Many issues with VBE including...

When adding part of a line of code in the editor such as select case<space> and then I pause to think auto syntax checking seems to run (even if its turned off in preferences and irrespective of whether I'm in design mode)
    The result is that the line turns red and the space is removed. The consequence is that as I type the next part of the statement the space is removed and I end up with a syntax error.
    This issue is irrespective of where I save the document (OneDrive, iCloud or local to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. cm-inches to pixels cross-platform bug

excel file created in windows and opened on mac shows different pixels column width and rows height. this relults in a different pages scale when you open mac-created excel file on windows and vice-versa.
    even on a new file row height is similar in CM, but different in pixels (HOW??), while column width is different in both CM and pixels (on a new file without any edits!!!)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base