Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add revision history on documents

I want to see my previous data sometimes even if I delete it, so even after I save a document, I want to go back and view what I put originally so I don’t have to re-enter that idea if I want to go back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008

Source: https://synorton.com/blog/how-to-fix-windows-10-activation-error-code-0xc004c008/

Windows is undoubtedly an efficient OS, but its productivity increases several folds when it is activated. The activation process is simple, as you merely need to redeem your 15-digit activation code on the setup menu. However, there are instances when you might be faced with the error code 0xC004C008. This error code mainly occurs when you install any Windows product several times, as the Windows license only allows to connect a single device.

If your operating system is crashed and you have bought a new device, then you need to install new Windows, change your hardware, and a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 全環境、全バージョン、配列数式の 引数引き渡し

配列数式を 組む際に、
     ・セル間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
     ・ネスト間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
    此等において、

ご存じの通り、
    阻害条項が 横たわっており、

連れて、
    名前定義を 介したり、
    INDEX構文を 持ちいたり、
    等、

阻害への 特殊な、
    対応が 求められます。

又、

OFFSET構文等の、
    索引関数の 結果を、
    上位ネスト関数に 引き渡す際にも、

かなり 以前から、
    不具合が 見られるように、
    なっていますし、

他にも 有る、
    可能性も 横たわっています。

一方、

もし 此等を、
    VBAで なそうと、
    する場合、

ループ等での 対応が、
    一般的です。

ですが、

此では オブジェクトタッチ数が、
    飛躍的に 増え、

連れて、
    必要処理時間が 飛躍的に、
    増加するだけでなく、

プリセット機能である シート関数の、
    有用性を 殺し、

併せれば、
    Excel 其の物の、
    価値を、能力を、
    毀損しています。

Excelの、

持てる 能力の、
    全てを 毀損させず、
    余す事なく 発揮させるためにも、

配列数式への 改善を、
    図っては 如何でしょうか、

ご検討を 願います。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel v 16.33 not saving my work and freezing my screens.

im on OS Catalina v10/15/3. Did Excel update to 16.33 now cant save anything and app freezes and have to force quit. HELP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix VBA editor

VBA editing is frustrating. Cursor keeps jumping back and it is impossible to use the editor. This happens in different MacBooks Pro and OS’s: 2009 (El Captain), 2014 (Mojave), 2019 (Catalina).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bar chart with each data point shown

Nowadays many scientific papers require the bar chart showing the mean of the import data with error bar together with each data point being displayed. Only Prism can plot this kind of bar chart. Would Excel improve its system so that it can include this property in plotting bar chart in the coming future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 Excel ribbon design is a catastrophe

The current Office 365 Excel (Mac) ribbon design should be 'revised' to previous versions. The font and icon sizes and styles are very difficult to read, especially for people with bifocals or altered vision. E.g., the 'Fill Color' icon used to look like a paint can and now appears as a faint tin can. Font sizes are too small, thin, faint. Just because you can change something does not necessarily make it better. Perhaps Office designers should be required to read Don Norman's design books.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add the feature to pull data from web in mac like in windows.

Not able to find the feature 'From web ' in mac unlike windows os

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change data series order in chart legends

As of March 2020, I can change the order of data series for a chart either by using the arrow buttons in the Chart Source Data dialog or by changing the order value in data series definitions in the formula bar; but (at least for line charts) this does not alter the data series order in chart legends.

Search results for "change Excel chart legend data order" indicate the Windows version matches the legend data order to the chart data order when changed, as it should. Need to do that for the Mac version, too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set gradient stops for chart data to absolute values rather than percentages

As of March 2020, gradient stops for chart elements are set to percentage of the data range (i think), but it would be more useful to have the option of setting them to specific data values.

Also, marker gradients currently apply to the symbols themselves, which is pretty useless. Instead, marker gradients should reference the data range so the whole marker's color depends on value.

Example: I'm charting blood pressure values. I want the marker and line colors to reflect the normal range (systolic below 120 = green), hypertension stages (above 130 or 140 = yellow–orange), and critical (above 160…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Documentation for secondary axis on Excel charts

In the "Add or remove a secondary axis in a chart in Excel" support page (MacOS version) in support.office.com Word is erroneously used instead of Excel, confusing the poor reader (All languages!).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a "no telemetry" setting

Allow consumers to choose zero telemetry, not just required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. autocorreccion

En documentos recibidos por mail y/o compartidos x drive o similar NO funciona la autodeteccion y correccion de gramatica y ortografia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. skapani murshi

znachi maz sum dolna murshakoqto krie razni neshtz ot jena si

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Solver issue, it gives incorrect answer with binary constraints on MacOS Excel 2019.

Solver issue, it gives very different answer with binary constraints on Excel 2019. Same solution while executing on Win10 provides correct values. Please refer attached excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Obtaining Hang Seng Index from the Stocks module

I am using Excel for Mac, version 16.30 (always updated to the latest version)

I can easily obtain stock quotes all index members of the Dow Jones, Hang Seng Index, Swiss Market Index. Also to retrieve the index quotes for DJIA, S&P500, DAX, etc. is not an issue at all.

Obtaining the quote for the Hang Seng Index itself I haven't figured out for a couple of months already.

“HSI” returns "H.I.S. Co Ltd (OTCM:HISJF)” “Hang Seng” returns “No results found for Hang Seng” “^HSI” returns results such as H-Source Holdings, etc.

I have reached out to Microsoft calling the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base