Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent Tab of the Welcome Splash Screen?

I just want to know if you add a feature that lets all users select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent tab of the Start Screen of Microsoft Office Suite programs, what do you think?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quick Access Toolbar Items

The items put on the quick access toolbar (QAT) are not accessible at all. For example, I cannot press save, save as, print, print as, sort, etc. at all. I cannot save using save button from QAT. I mean I can press those buttons but nothing is happening at all.
    I am using the latest Microsoft 365 Family package (16.40, 03 weeks ago) on a MacBook Pro 15" 2015.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back "Page Setup" button in the Print menu (used to be under Quick Preview)

One could invoke Page Setup directly before printing and adjust based on Preview. As it is now, you would need to go back into the Page Layout menu and then return to the Print menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. import live data from web

transfer online data to excel just like in windows version

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make userform available for MacBook

I can’t create VBA since userform is not available in MacBook

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MACRO

MACRO
    NACRO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to save to a directory/folder on iCloud and am unable to select the directory on iCloud.

I need to save to a directory on iCloud and am unable to select a specific directory on iCloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can't create Queries with Excel 2016 :(

Hello I'm trying to create queries on my Macbook Pro 16" from 2019 using excel for mac version 16.36.
    When I try the standard procedure, copy/past a link in a Word file saved as a Text file replacing .txt by .iqy, and then try to run it via excel the .iqy file is not even reachable.
    You can see on the screen shot I took that the **** document can not even be opened. If anyone has an idea of how to fix this it would be great.
    Thank you for your help

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Khmer Unicode for Mac not render correctly after update to version 16.39, please fix it.

The previous version work fine with khmer unicode, after update to version 16.39 it become useless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add Let function to Excel for macOS

Please add the Let function to macos excel. Some people/colleagues are already using the Let function in the Excel Windows version documents and the file doesn't work on the Mac.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the bug that makes the curser disappear when using enter button instead of clicking on Ok button in InputBox or MsgBox

I have an issue with the inputbox and msgbox. When I run the macro involving a msgBox or InputBox, if I press the enter button the curser disappears. If I use the mouse to click okay or cancel it seems to work fine. Is there a way you can look into this issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Combine multiple files into one

Just like Adobe Acrobat does, please provide functionality to combine multiple XLSX or CSV files into one, with each file on its own sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open UTF-8 .csv

When opening UTF-8 encoded CSVs, text is still garbled, despite the previous issue raising this concern (below) being marked as completed - Excel fails to recognise the UTF-8 encoding.

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/9783765-support-utf-8-for-csv-import-export

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Templates: budgeting, YTD or custom date field review (not just monthly)

Data is great - now to set up a budget for 2021 and then have actual to budget by category.

In reviewing expenses: have customers date range and YTD -- also, on the snapshot, have the option look at more items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. where is the refine slot to turn on flag symbols?

where is the refine slot to turn on flag symbols?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clicking on the validation list arrow do not update the cells

Excel for mac do not execute formula when you click on the arrow of a validation list, but on the windows it runs normal. It is very important to me.

To reproduce:

1 - On the B1 cell put the formula: =A1
    2 - Make a list with 2 (or more) items
    3 - On the A1 cell, register a validation list with the list created on the step 2

Ok, now, anything you write on the cell A1, will be replicated to B1.
    But, when you write something on the A1, and click on the arrow of the validation…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel for Mac Setting paper size

change paper size and allow excel to remember the change for future printing. Currently if a page is set to US and I have to change it to A4 I must do this each time I print. Excel for Mac does not remember my last paper setting for the workbook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. find function shows total

When you search within excel, show the total number of cells that return that value, and highlight them for easier finding/searching rather than just a grey line around the box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export multiple individual sheets to .CSV files.

I have a workbook with multiple (hundreds) sheets. I'd like to save the sheets as individual *.csv files, each with the name of the sheet. This will be a great improvement to my work. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Problème de syntaxe "DATEDIF"

Bonjour, j'utilise Excel sur PC iMac.
    J'ai un problème, je souhaite utiliser la syntaxe DATEDIF, mais cette dernière n'apparait pas dans la bibliothèque des formules et lorsque je la rédige elle ne fonctionne pas.
    J'ai été en relation avec un conseiller via LogMeRescue, qui n'est pas parvenu à résoudre mon problème.
    Merci de bien vouloir m'apporter une solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base