Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Excel for Mac, fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted when pasting a folder name in a cell

Copying a folder name and pasting it in a cell may not be a common operation, but sometimes we do so.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted in the operation above.
    This issue has not been fixed for a long time and is always reproducible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Repeating Rows cause 1st page cell not to hold outline!

This is a bug - PLEASE fix it!!! I have talked to engineers and I have several other friends on Mac Big Sur and latest 365 Excel and IF you have a repeating row selected in Page Set up/ Sheet... then, no matter what that row is, when you click into a cell on first pg, the outline disappears immediately so you may forget which cell or cells you were about to work in! Besides the lagginess, this is an awful problem, please fix it! Your engineers told me it's a BUG... please fix ASAP!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shortcut for moving from tab to tab

No doubt it already exists, but I can't find it! Please add the shortcut for moving from tab to tab to the main menu, or add somewhere obvious.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Default Currencies in Dropdown Menu Excel

It would be extremely helpful to be able to change the default currencies I see listed in the dropdown menu for currencies.

I'm in the EURO zone. Microsoft has decided I see GBPound/Euro/RMB/CHF which makes no sense to me! I never EVER use the Swiss Franc or Chinese RMB, while the USD is not in there... ????

It should be such an easy software adjustment to select your own currencies (and order) of which currencies show in the dropdown menu. Why have currencies in shortcuts that do nothing to help the user?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. do not convert space char(32) to Non Blanking Space char(202) on data import/paste

Excel for Mac converts 'regular' spaces [ char(32) ] to Non Blanking Spaces [if using MacOS Roman ] which is char(202). Those characters are not removed by TRIM. The conversion is extremely problematic for data import / export and data clensing. This behaviour is platform, character set specific. I've seen it also happen on Windows where the regular space, when using UTF-8, is converted to Char(160).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add data model capability so I can do distinct count

Add data model capability so I can do distinct count

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. xcel for Mac - Find and Replace - Needs BOX found Formatting Option

Hi, I'm color blind and have difficulty finding highlighted items in Excel for Mac when using Find/Replace in the search bar or from the Edit menu. I believe many people would benefit from the ability to add a highlight to the box in various colors or bold and change the outline size and color. Thank you, Scott

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AutoSave should work with files saved to the local drive - Mac and iOS

MacOS and iOS both have access to an excellent cloud based file store which is system wide. iCloud Drive. Forcing Mac and iOS users to exclusively use one drive complicates normal process and adds uncertainty when it comes to where files are stored. Further more, files stored in One Cloud are not backed up by TimeMachine and therefore not available for restore or roll back via techniques that Mac users would be familiar with.

Enable auto save for any location, not just oneDrive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Updating Date format eg. 1818 shows in full but 1919 shows as 19

To Update Date format shown in Cells for 1900's eg. 1818 shows in full but 1919, shows as 19 and 2019 shows as 19.
    Is this possible ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What does a single white rose mean?

The single white rose conveys a strong and deep message of hope, respect, and love. It conveys the purity of that love and deep respect. When a single white rose is given, it not only signals a level of humility but also conveys an everlasting love and devotion between two people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. find and replace options

find and replace options, you know, like the windows version. since we're paying the same subscription...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alt shortcuts for the Mac pls

Please provide Alt key equivalent shortcuts for the Mac

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey color (for MacOS too)

Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey (for MacOS too)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend adjusted prices

STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend ADJUSTED prices. It is otherwise useless for historical prices and calculations such as historical volatility.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base