Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to select/deselect chart series/categories like you can in Excel for Windows

In Windows version of excel it is possible to select/deselect chart series/categories by clicking a box in the 'select data' dialogue window - this functionality is not available on Mac.

The function is incredibly useful when regularly processing similar data sets but not always needing all categories (i.e. tailoring a charts in a template sheet).

Please introduce it! Generally I much prefer Excel for Mac but for me the lack of this function is a major weakness.

Screen grab of the function in Windows Excel attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring back the Data-Form possibility for entering

Please bring back the Data-Form possibility for entering data in spreadsheets

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring back the Data-Form possibility for entering

Please bring back the Data-Form possibility for entering data in spreadsheets

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Align Data in Excel for Mac

Discuss formatting issues with Merged Cells.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. distinct count for pivot tabel

There are no distinct count option on pivot table function. This is the feature that I really want to use it on my mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. double click to edit field in pivot table field list

I just switched from Office 365 subscription to the one-time purchase version (Office Home & Student 2019) on my Mac, & this function is missing now. On the OHS2019 version, you're required to click the small icon next to the field name to edit that field.

Please add functionality to double click anywhere on a field item in the pivot table field list to open the dialogue box to edit the name/calculation of that field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow grand total for rows in pivot table with multiple columns

In Pivot Tables, display "Grand Totals" for multiple columns (i.e., multiple "fields" in the "Values" area of the "Field List")

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Return the Data Entry Form, Please

Not a new idea, just return the Data Entry Form. I feel Excel has put itself back in the prehistoric era, maybe just a few seconds after the Big Bang, by removing the Data Entry Form capability. Why did MS remove it? It was around for decades, great feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix conditional formatting on pivot tables

Conditional formatting is broken in Pivot tables. It breaks when new items are added. It would be great if conditional formatting could be applied to a whole pivot table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi there, I have microsoft office on my mac and I am recently having issues with my excel documents - can you please help?

Hi there, I have microsoft office on my mac and I am recently having issues with my excel documents - can you please help?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hide/unhide data series in chart

in Win version, there is checkbox in the data series window however not in Mac. This feature would be helpful especially when you have several data series and you want to display only some of them for comparison. Else the plot becomes too busy and hard to see between series with similar data. Right now the only way perhaps is to make another plot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save As... Location

To have a different version of a file I used to open it, edit it, then Save As... rename hit enter, but I'm very surprised that it is not saving it in the same location of the first vesrion, instead it is saving it in the last used folder of saving.

please I need it to remember the current location of the current file, and when Save As... is used it should save it in the same location of the current file.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to consolidate contents of multiple sheets in a workbook at once

To consolidate multiple worksheets at once, we have to select the sheets one by one which consumes a lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Objects on Excel doesnt diaplay at 100% view

The object in the excel has dimension with height as 3.81 inches and width as 4 inches keeping the view at 100%, with respect to the said information - the height and the width don't match the said specifications at 100% as for your clear understanding I've highlighted it with red.

Please note - the display is working perfect with object dimensions when I'm working with any of the other programs eg. Adobe photoshop, All illustration programs, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Objects on Excel doesnt diaplay at 100% view

The object in the excel has dimension with height as 3.81 inches and width as 4 inches keeping the view at 100%, with respect to the said information - the height and the width don't match the said specifications at 100% as for your clear understanding I've highlighted it with red.

Please note - the display is working perfect with object dimensions when I'm working with any of the other programs eg. Adobe photoshop, All illustration programs, etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Objects on Excel doesnt diaplay at 100% view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Objects on Excel doesnt diaplay at 100% view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Objects on Excel at 100% view dont apply on the display

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Objects on Excel at 100% view dont apply on the display

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base