Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Vote for an existing idea (134)
  • or
  1. Check/Uncheck Filter Items Shortcut

There is no shortcut to check/uncheck filter items in the dropdown for Mac.

Space bar or return do not work.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us use cmd+C with any the keyboard layout

I read Excel help and found out the cmd+C is valid only when English keyboard layout switch on. I want to use the same command in Russian keyboard layout like in Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back CMD-F shortcut for find/replace

Please . . . bring back this shortcut! I use this frequently. It takes up valuable time to go about it the long way.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mac numeric keyboard changing from dot to comma

Dear sir or madam,
    As soon as I upgraded to office 365 on my MAC, I have this really irritated problem:
    When I input numbers as accounting or currency in the sheet, I usually use the numeric keyboard (which is on the right side of the keyboard). Beforehand I use the dot (.) as the comma (,) in this numeric keyboard in the oud version excel (2011). But with the new excel 2016, the dot (.) appears to be the dot (.). So I have to use the comma key on the other side of the keyboard, which…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tell me needs a shortcut key

The "Tell me" box in Excel (16.13.1, 180523) doesn't have a shortcut to get to it... meaning, we're still stuck using the mouse... which the whole point of Tell Me is not to have to do!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix shortcut and interface inconsistencies

I find that using Excel 2016 (Office 365 Home) on my Mac (Sierra, 10.12.4) is really frustrating due to the number of inconsistencies in behavior between Excel and other parts of the Office suite, not to mention their Windows counterparts.

For example, and I'm sure that there are many more than these two:
    1. Why does the shortcut for duplicating the object work on some objects, and not the others (one can duplicate a chart, but it is impossible to duplicate a text box on the chart - this works on Windows btw)?
    2. Why does the shortcut for inserting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Paste Values

Bring back Paste as Values ribbon and keyboard shortcut. These are basic commands that shouldn't require multiple steps to get the required result.

Why do you remove key functionality when releasing new product versions, it's extremely frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. row & column reference not displayed from keyboard selection for Vlookup formula

The reference to the row and column is not displayed while selection through keyboard for reference of row & col while building formula mainly vlookup, this make it difficult for insertion of column reference in the formulate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Not working anymore the shift+cmd+* shortcut!!

Hi!

Could you please help me with the following issue related to this post?
    I have Excel 2016 in a Mac and previously I was using the following shortcut to select ONLY VISIBLE ROWS from filtered data:

SHIFT + CMD + *

After that I could copy the data and will copy only the visible information and not the hidden information, or I could delete only the visible rows without deleting the hidden ones.

But a month or so ago after an update I cannot longer do that and when I do SHIFT + CMD + * what it does…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fix issues in german excel 2016 mac

- The keyboard shortcut for the actual date does not work.
    - There are issues with conditional formatting, when symbols are used in a different order.
    - Compared to the windows version, excel mac does not support deleting all add-in features from an excel sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. macro options...

If you select Tools - Macros - Macros... you get a list of macros. Select a macro and click Options... You're then presented with a box that allows you to set a Shortcut key. Either Option+Cmd (for a lower case letter) or Ctrl+Shift (for an upper case letter).

It doesn't matter what I enter into the little box. Nothing works. No letter, upper or lower case, seems to work.

Since generally keyboard shortcuts seem to be an issue has this ever worked?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shortcut "Cmd+Shift+," or "Cmd+Shift+." for current Date and Time

It used to be possible to enter a date or a time with these shortcuts I wrote in the headline, without selecting a specific cell.

Now it needs to do a double click in a cell, to enter the date or the time.

I know its not a big deal, but for me personally (hopefully for many others as well) is it better the way it used to be.

With the best wishes
    Jan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shortcut "Cmd+Shift+," or "Cmd+Shift+." for current Date and Time

It used to be possible to enter a date or a time with these shortcuts I wrote in the headline, without selecting a specific cell.

Now it needs to do a double click in a cell, to enter the date or the time.

I know its not a big deal, but for me personally (hopefully for many others as well) is it better the way it used to be.

With the best wishes
    Jan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AutoSum Shft+Alt+T Bug

Can you please fix the auto sum keyboard shortcut Alt+T to behave like that of Excel 2011 and the Windows Version? It seems like the behavior is broken in Excel 2016. It sums a column of numbers way to fast and doesn't let you see the selection and then press enter to except it. Also, when summing from the side of a column, it does a fast 1 cell sum. In order to make this keyboard shortcut behave correctly you need to hold down Shift+Alt+T until the selection is paused so you can then hit enter or make an expanded…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why is there no Menu item or Ribbon button for toggling between relative and absolute?

Yesterday, I spent a good 2 hours trying to change a table's references from relative to absolute. I couldn't find any Menu item or Ribbon button to perform this action, so had to resort to Google.

That lead me to the support.office.com page for Mac keyboard shortcuts (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Excel-for-Mac-acf5419e-1f87-444d-962f-4e951a658ccd), which told me that I could use CMD+T (which creates a table) or F4 (which is a Redo shortcut).

So I called 365 support, where I hand to help the agent understand how to use several aspects of Excel (nothing is more frustrating than talking to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Put the keyboard shortcuts for deletes back on? the ctrl-K and Ctrl-i (that italicizes everything)

We use Ctrl-K to delete an entire line and Ctrl-I inserted a line (copied or just a blank). Both of those are missing and we need them back desperately! Using ctrl-i just italicizes everything instead. Please put these back?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete command keystroke

One of the first customizations that I installed in past versions of Excel was to create a keystroke for the Delete command. I chose command-D.
    Now in the 2016 version I can't find a way to do this. Please give us keyboard customization, or add my command-D to the 'Delete...' menu command.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Navigating To The Next Worksheet After Editing A Worksheet Tab

When double clicking in a worksheet tab and editing its name etc.., after pressing enter the user cannon press Control or Alt +Pg up or down and move to the next sheet. The user MUST click in the worksheet 1st before using the keyboard shortcut to navigate to the next worksheet. This is not correct behavior and seems to be a bug. Does not work like this in Office 2011 or the Windows version. Can you please fix? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base