Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Plot markers centred (instead of offset)

Since Excel 365 (Mac) plotting circle markers (and other) are offset from the real data. See attached image "Excel2019.jpg". The center of the markers should be exactly on the red line, but they are not.
    This was fine in Excel:mac 2010, see attached Excel
    2010.jpg.

Obviously something has changed significantly in the Excel plotting functionality which causes this issue.
    The problem is not directly visible if you plot the markers only, but in my case I have to plot lots of line graphs including markers, and the markers are offset from the line, so it looks like the data…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the bug whereby "Ready" in the Status Bar is not working reliably

I am seeking a workaround, or a fix by Microsoft, for this behaviour in Excel for Mac:

In Excel for Mac 16.35 (20030802), the word “Ready” does not appear in the Status Bar when a file is first opened or after a save, instead the Status Bar is empty. The act of entering data in a cell changes to Status Bar to “Enter” and then (correctly) back to “Ready”. This occurs in .xlsx and .xlsm files. The vba expression Application.StatusBar = False does not result in the word "Ready" being displayed in the Status Bar (as specified in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/excel.application.statusbar).…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filtering directly from the chart

Be able to filter information in the chart, similar to what exist on windows.
    Example attached(image)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data Validation List able to work with Array Constants

Please make the Data Validation List feature work with array constants.
    Like to be able to define a named Array Constant and use that in a Validation List. After all they are both lists and the Data Validation list works with a classic Named Array.

Requirement scenario is to share a workbook across organisations and ensure consistent data entry or option selection without VBA, as VBA is often stripped/blocked at organisational boundaries. This would be a very simple and straightforward solution improving user experience and organisational efficiency.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Saving a file with Excel 365 is very slow compared to Excel 2019 volume licence

Multi tested on various computers, a 5 Mo Excel file takes 2,5sec with Excel 2019 when it takes more tham 80sec with Excel 365. Great disconfort for users. Is it just the fact the Excel 365 is a cloud based design program because, even off-line, it is the same result. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PowerQuery data refresh from SharePoint Online CSV file

The latest Excel for Mac (v 16.29 and later) can refresh from Text, CSV, XLSX, XML and JSON files, but not when those files are on SharePoint Online (or other cloud storage locations). Please add this functionality, as we are moving to SPO and away from file servers. I know I can refresh from a local copy (via OneDrive sync client), but each person's local file path may be different, so a shared Excel file won't update correctly for each person.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. touchbar

I would like to easily highlight a cell with the touchbar but the color i most frequently use or even the "last" color used is not an option. I suggest you include whatever color is in the highlight/fill button be included in the touch bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You need to complete rewrite the code. Excel for Mac is the worst Microsoft product ever. Shame on you!!!

You need to complete rewrite the code. Excel for Mac is the worst Microsoft product ever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. EXCEL for MAC version 16.35 has a conditional formatting bug

Conditional formatting which uses named ranges in the condition, can't be copied between two workbooks. It can be copied only within one workbook.
    Identical conditional formatting that uses unnamed ranges can be copied between workbooks without a problem.
    This bug is in versions 16.35 and 16.37.

PLEASE FIX!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel 16.33 for Mac has a bug the prevents the display of cells that have been formatted as "Currency"

When selecting a cell and changing the format to "Currency," the cell vanishes. The value is still there, however is does not display to screen. When re-formatting back to "Number" the cell re-appears.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16 Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCE

Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16
    Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCEL from VBA. It is a very important functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. conditional coloring for pivot cell excel for mac

I compared the "Manage Rules" feature on Windows and Mac, I found that the difference is Windows has the "Apply Rule To", however, Mac doesn't have it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add revision history on documents

I want to see my previous data sometimes even if I delete it, so even after I save a document, I want to go back and view what I put originally so I don’t have to re-enter that idea if I want to go back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004C008

Source: https://synorton.com/blog/how-to-fix-windows-10-activation-error-code-0xc004c008/

Windows is undoubtedly an efficient OS, but its productivity increases several folds when it is activated. The activation process is simple, as you merely need to redeem your 15-digit activation code on the setup menu. However, there are instances when you might be faced with the error code 0xC004C008. This error code mainly occurs when you install any Windows product several times, as the Windows license only allows to connect a single device.

If your operating system is crashed and you have bought a new device, then you need to install new Windows, change your hardware, and a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 全環境、全バージョン、配列数式の 引数引き渡し

配列数式を 組む際に、
     ・セル間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
     ・ネスト間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
    此等において、

ご存じの通り、
    阻害条項が 横たわっており、

連れて、
    名前定義を 介したり、
    INDEX構文を 持ちいたり、
    等、

阻害への 特殊な、
    対応が 求められます。

又、

OFFSET構文等の、
    索引関数の 結果を、
    上位ネスト関数に 引き渡す際にも、

かなり 以前から、
    不具合が 見られるように、
    なっていますし、

他にも 有る、
    可能性も 横たわっています。

一方、

もし 此等を、
    VBAで なそうと、
    する場合、

ループ等での 対応が、
    一般的です。

ですが、

此では オブジェクトタッチ数が、
    飛躍的に 増え、

連れて、
    必要処理時間が 飛躍的に、
    増加するだけでなく、

プリセット機能である シート関数の、
    有用性を 殺し、

併せれば、
    Excel 其の物の、
    価値を、能力を、
    毀損しています。

Excelの、

持てる 能力の、
    全てを 毀損させず、
    余す事なく 発揮させるためにも、

配列数式への 改善を、
    図っては 如何でしょうか、

ご検討を 願います。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base