Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. split cell feature

Please support split cell feature not just merge cells.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online security is as important as any other security

Web-based threats are lurking at every digital corner. Online security is as important as any other security. Cybercriminals are smart enough to trick you into revealing your sensitive information. It indicates the need for an advanced Antivirus security suite such as McAfee and Bitdefender. These two powerful Antivirus software give complete protection to your devices such as mobile phones, laptops, computers, etc., from cyber thieves, viruses, malware, spyware, and other cyber threats. The quick scanning and behavioral detection features of McAfee and Bitdefender not just detect the existing malware on the device but prevent the entry of external threats too.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full functionality with Excel for iPad

I'd like to see the full version of Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for iPad. The mobile version doesn't cut it, and I have to switch back to my Mac. The iPad Pro's more than capable of handling the full software.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a way to turn off a recurring disclaimer after it presents itself a few times

I've started using the Stocks data types and now all workbooks that have them get the disclaimer banner on each sheet every time I open it up. After seeing it a few times, the user needs to have a way to turn it off. Otherwise , it just an annoyance. Thank you.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FULL Feature Parity with Windows Office

How about you guys add an action item for feature parity between OSes you support. This goes for the whole suite of apps. I'm really tired of paying for "Office lite" on my Mac at the same price just to use your half baked apps that leak/allocate way more memory than what is required. I'm way more inclined to drop Microsoft apps and subscriptions from my life than switch to Windows for a better app experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel and MAC OS seem to have problem with Khmer font.

Khmer font seem to have problem on MAC Excel, which need microsoft team to fix it.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Many Shortcuts are not available in the Mac version

Like Excel in the Windows version, many shortcuts are not available in the Mac version.

MAC version should be more user friendly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Changes to VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP

I suggest 2 changes in Vlookup/Hlookup:

A. VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions user can only search for the lookup value in the first column/row, and the result column/row is always after (right/bleow) the lookup column/row.
    I suggest to make it more flexible by letting the user decide which column to search in and which columns to retrieve the value from.

B. Sometimes user need to drag lookup function to several columns and needs the column index to be incremented, for example to be 3 in the first column, the second column to be 4 and so on, I suggest to add new parameter…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey color (for MacOS too)

Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey (for MacOS too)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop asking for updates on different MACs

This is an Apple problem. On several MACs you cannot update office because the OS Apple does not allow you. This very frustrating! So please stop asking for updating because the user simply cannot perform the operation on his/her computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. boring

how do you like to spend your evening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow funds search in Data Selector using ISINs (the equivalent of stock tickers)

Enable searches based on ISINs as well as stock tickers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve performance on Mac version of Excel

I have a cheap company-issued Dell laptop. My Mac is a Core i7 with 16gb of RAM and yet Excel (and all Office apps) run so, so much better on the Dell. I get that Microsoft makes Windows so of course that's going to be their priority, but the Mac apps are just poorly coded. There's no reason for them to be as sluggish as they are. I will be switching to a Mac for work soon, and I'm really disappointed that my Excel performance is going to drop so significantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we please look to add ActiveX add-in in excel for Macbook pro??

There are certain files from workplace that have this add-in and it works fine on a windows laptop. However, switching from windows to Mac then becomes difficult if using excel is an issue (as it is being used on daily basis)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color functions

Please add a function that returns a cell text color! This is very important for IF statement that are based on the color of cell's text!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Best Gemstone Testing and Identification?

Lab testing is very important before any gemstone or diamond is bought, it has to be certified from a good laboratory. Consumers should be wary when buying gemstones and diamonds and not fall prey to advertising tactics like celebrity endorsements, offers, and discounts; the only way to be absolutely certain is to demand an appropriate government lab certificate, which clearly states the authenticity of the gemstone and any treatments it may have undergone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. STOCKHISTORY

For days when prices are not available such as hols - instead of a n/a please use 0. Whilst trying to do an average of stock history prices is there is a n/a int eh column no formulas work as there is a n/a in a cell

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel for Mac must support electronic signature

I don't mean inserting a scanned signature in the sheet, I mean digitally signing using a digital signature file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Splitting characters in a cell with a fixed width automatically

When you have a number like 234500006666.... very very long... and you want to separate it into different columns with a fixed width doing it manually might take a while. If you put a small box there that automatically divides the intervals regularly it will make it much much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base