Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Macros to be Enabled by Workbook

Rather than make Macro behavior global, give us the ability to Enable them within individual Workbooks so we don't have to see the alert dialogue each time that Workbook is opened. I would suggest putting a setting in the Properties and adding a button/link to the dialogue options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
    Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

2,714 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

600 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000

Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000. 10,000 is way too small when we deal with our data base. Is there maybe a way to increase this manually ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right Click Problem

The current version of Excel for Mac (19120904) could not use right click to appear the format cells function and other functions such as insert/remove the cell/row/columns, which is not good for editing data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel 16.29 for Mac the solver doesn't work...

Solver shows in the tools but it doesn't work after bing selected.
    Please solve it !!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Desperately need to make Excel for Mac the same as Windows version

Taking business classes that require me to bring my laptop to class and use my own computer to do assignments. It's inconvenient that I have to use public computers or buy a Windows computer simply to do homework. If you truly valued your customers, Mac and Excel need to be as compatible as it is on the Windows operating system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Userforms to VBA in excel for Mac

UserForms are not available in excel for Mac users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stock feature should work on standalone office version for MAC

The Stock information retrival feature does not work on the standalone version of office on a MAC. There was no notification that this feature did not work before I purchased Office 2019. Unfortunately for me this was one of the primary reasons that I upgraded to 2019. Could you please make Excel work as it should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. editar una tabla dinamica,

cuando tengo un dato, por ejemplo: ALMERIA y lo cambio en la tabla por GRANADA, me sustituye todas las celdas por esta ultima y en lo sucesivo siempre que en la hoja de donde provienen los datos, aparece Almeria, me lo sustituye en la tabla dinamica por Granada.
    Como pedo anular esta instrucción,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Named Ranges Can't be Data Sources?

I can't believe the mac version has this massive bug. You can only use hard-coded, specific ranges for a data source. The Windows version of Excel has no problem letting you use a named range for a Data Source. I noticed this affects pivot tables, charts and graphs. No named ranges allowed for data sources. Ridiculous.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Data Validation List able to work with Array Constants

Please make the Data Validation List feature work with array constants.
    Like to be able to define a named Array Constant and use that in a Validation List. After all they are both lists and the Data Validation list works with a classic Named Array.

Requirement scenario is to share a workbook across organisations and ensure consistent data entry or option selection without VBA, as VBA is often stripped/blocked at organisational boundaries. This would be a very simple and straightforward solution improving user experience and organisational efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make the formatting uniform to all Operating systems (windows and MAC)

We have noticed various issues when an Excel file is created and then e-mailed to a Mac user. For example, certain cells do not stay highlighted. Also, when the Windows user sees a spreadsheet solely appearing on one page sometimes when myself (Mac user) receives it a Column or Row does not fit. Additionally, under page layout when select print headings this expansion of the sheet occurs. We have noticed various formatting issues and wish that the Excel program would be more consistent so that each user would have a similar view as well as experience using the program's lies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ADD the view object tab back into VB project

cannot modify excel forms in macro embedded spreadsheet. can change code but not the physical user form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base