Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return the Data Entry Form, Please

Not a new idea, just return the Data Entry Form. I feel Excel has put itself back in the prehistoric era, maybe just a few seconds after the Big Bang, by removing the Data Entry Form capability. Why did MS remove it? It was around for decades, great feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lose the number of rows and columns and make it more stable and quicker

it takes forever and keeps crashing even when you are using less than 500 rows and columns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lose the number of rows and columns and make it more stable and quicker

it takes forever and keeps crashing even when you are using less than 500 rows and colomns

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. money in excel

Money in Excel Manual Accounts

I have a couple accounts that I use that aren't currently supported by Plaid, specially T-Mobile Money, Apple Card, and cash (yes, paper money!). Adding manual accounts and transactions would be a nice interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RE: Blank pages are unexpectedly

it's long been an issue where you go to print something from excel and the print preview shows blank. I've noticed that if I select multiple pages it still shows as one page attempting to print (i.e. I cannot scroll through the sheets at preview).

This indicates that there is an issue with the system print function within Excel.

I have been able to reestablish this connection by opening a different file (than the one that "prints blank") and going to the print function on that document. It generally works so I follow through by either printing or making a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ADD NAME MANAGER FUNCTION

Please add the Name Manager Function to Excel Mac. It's a crucial tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Paste Number Formats only" in Paste Special Submenu

This is totally missing! You can Paste VALUES with Number Formats, or FORMULAS with Number Formats, or ALL Formats including borders, backgrounds and foreground colours, but you CANNOT Paste Number Formats ONLY! Most of my wasted time in Excel is from this tedious task! There should definitely be an option for "Number Formats Only" in the Paste Special Submenu, if not a "Number Format Painter" as well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add password to multiple files

I think it will be a good idea of there is function to add password to multiple excel files at the same time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. my Exel for Mac is not working like when I am using it with Windows

I experienced a lot of flickering/flashing cursor on my Excel & Word doc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need to be able to step through formulas and functions in Excel.

It would be nice for the mac version to have the same features as the windows version. Especially when I have to switch between OSes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. software issue for excel on Mac

the translate function does not work on Excel. I was ask by support to make a claim on this platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. existe versión de Power Pivot, Map, View compatible con la MAC?

Solicito una versión de Power Pivot compatible con la MAC ya que a pesar de tener la ultima versión 365 de Microsoft no me permite instalar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow insert PDF object in Excel on Mac

I am trying to insert a pdf file as an object in Excel on my Mac, but it is not there. It is available on my Windows 10 version but not my Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the sheets at the bottom of the page it would be nice to be able to scroll through them all using the the trackpad.

Make it possible to use the track pad to scroll back and forth through the sheets when there is too many to show on one page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base