Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend line to cell

Function that references a chart and gives trendline parameters.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the Help

I am a former PC user now with the Mac version. Some of the graphics functions I have been doing for years on the PC (e.g., plot data on two vertical scales, put a title on the vertical scale), I cannot find on the Mac version. Surely there is a way. HELP in Excel in the Mac is NO HELP. (True also for WORD--HELP is NO HELP).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make available the forecast tool since that is needed for several statistical analysis

The forecast tool is fully available in the Windows version. Its absence actually limits various processes that are so important from financial and statistical point of view. Please look into this and try including it in the future.

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to export high quality graphs like vector images.

Add the ability to export high quality graphs like vector images and 300 dpi images. I'm running OSX 10.10.5 with Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.5.9. Options available in this software aren't good enough for high quality graphics.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We consider this in our next round of planning for a future release. In the meantime, please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

6. For charts link a color to a series name so that we don't have to worry about changing its colour anymore.

I've been waiting for this for ages. Why is the color scheme linked to a given order of series? We need to set once and for all a series name to set colour.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the further details and example. We’ll definitely consider this in the context of our future planning. Please continue to vote on this idea.

Thanks,
    Scott {MSFT]

7. Improve graph performance with plots containing >1000 datapoints in Excel 2016

Excel 2016 chokes when handling plots containing many data points. Copying these plots from Excel to Word or Powerpoint causes issues in those applications as well.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep graph format the same when scrolling to other data

When I scroll down to a next set of data to produce line graphs for several items, the format of lines and markers changes, which I do not want (the idea is to produce multiple graphs with identical formats). I can overcome this by copying the graph- paste special-format (onto this graph) before I start scrolling, but I have to do this again each time I re-open the excel file. Very annoying.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base