Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add different custom keyboard shortcuts to insert different charts

Previously, there were ways to program custom keyboard shortcuts to insert different charts. In Excel for Mac 16.30, there is no way to do this. For those of us who make lots of charts, this is very difficult. Even making it possible to change the default chart so that the new alt + F1 command can be used would be a big step forward.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 342 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Series Histograms

Histograms that allow multiple series would be ideal (ie. in stacked form as well as side-by-side comparison). The current solution (as far as I know) is to custom-make it with bar charts. A large part of the statistical analysis I do requires distinct series being compared.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring filtering charts to Excel for Mac

Bring filtering charts to Excel for Mac.

I read about this feature here: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2014/02/04/filtering-charts-in-excel/

But I couldn't find how to use them in Excel for Mac (16.12).
    I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msomac-mso_mac2016/chart-filter/e5e49410-6ffc-499f-bdeb-e6f8a151bd4c which claims they are not supported. This would be a useful feature to bring Excel for Mac closer to Excel for Windows.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full control of chart titles (left align chart title text)

Allow full control of chart titles. I need to be able to left align text and resize chart title boxes (Office for Mac 2016). Right now, I have to replace chart title boxes with text boxes, and then I have extra steps to take to copy over these text boxes when I paste the chart into PowerPoint or Word.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. power view and power maps for MacBook

Why isn't power view and powermaps as a add in for Mac available?

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize full sheet charts

I'm told by your support staff that one cannot resize a chart that is itself a sheet, ie not an object in a sheet. So to resize a chart I have to copy/move it to be an object in another sheet. Big pain.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add design tab to Excel for Mac

Add design tab to Excel for Mac so I can create custom color and font themes for my graphs so I don't have to re-enter the design elements for every single chart.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Macro buttons and other controls on Chart sheets

In Excel Windows versions it is possible to place macro buttons and other controls also on chart sheets - an awesome toolset to create dynamic charts where content can be altered by user.
    Why is this feature not available on Mac?
    Add control does not respond on chart sheets. Even worse - charts with controls created in windows versions lose all this content when opened on Mac!

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for full-functioning charts to be built from pivot tables

This used to be a feature on past versions of excel, where you could select data in a pivot table and create a chart from it that is fully customizable. Now, if you create a chart from a pivot table set of data, the "chart design" tab does not show and it limits the abilities to customize the chart effectively.

Can we get this back, please?

Original issue is here, along with specifics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msomac-mso_mac2016/chart-design-tab-is-now-missing-on-excel-for-mac/919fea2d-b7b9-4a42-aa1e-25b0550ccbc4?messageId=4c949783-8231-4fc8-b868-e4fdee27ba76

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power View

suggest increase power view in excel2016 for mac,thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable easy showing/hiding of data series in a chart in Excel 365 for Mac

In Excel for Windows you can select a check box in the Select Data menu which toggles whether a data series is displayed on a chart or not. It would be useful to include this feature for Mac as well (over and above of simple filtering or hiding/unhiding of data cells.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Address level mapping

Mapping only goes down to the zipcode level, but that's a blunt instrument.

Address level mapping, like Google offers, should be in Excel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support the Box Plot on MAC version of Excel for God sake !!!

It's very frustrating to see that something which has been there for ages in Windows version is taking years for you to make it available for Mac. I know you guys desperately want us to shift to windows OS, but excluding some features from MAC version is not gonna force us to do so. So, Grow up and please make this work !!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Solve the problem of poor Cross-platform

Excel online, Excel 365 for Mac, Excel 365 for Windows - different products. If I made a file on windows - it will not work on the Mac either.
    Excel 365 for Mac does not have charts from Excel 365 for Windows. If I create a file in the Pro version, then it does not work in the home version. This is bad! The file is everywhere different! I can not be sure that my project looks equally good everywhere.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trend line to cell

Function that references a chart and gives trendline parameters.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. lables for XY scatter plots!!!!!!

just include again the possibility to include labels on xy scatter plots

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "What If" Question Environment for Business & Finance (like Quantrix, but better)

The idea is simple:

If I paste in a financial, excel 'knows' what it is automacally ie) Balance Sheet, and opens up a submenu that will enable me, should I click there, to ask WHAT IF questions of the statement. The answers will be posted to a new sheet, which is the output environment for the identified financial.

Quantrix has allowed you to do this since inception, but Quantrix does not make it seem 'plug & play simple.' So this is a MAJOR opportunity for Excel to make those features intuitive and easy to use, while being just as rich.…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base