Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to choose specific data points to create partial trendline

I want to be able to create a trendline more freely, where I can choose which data points in my series I want to include in the trendline. The easiest way would be to mark the points by ctrl or cmd and choose wanted data points and then create a trendline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. im selecting the recommended chart but its not coming up. what should i do?

im selecting the recommended chart but its not coming up. what should i do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. histogram axis missing bin options

Please add bin option on mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. histogram axis missing bin options

Please add bin option on mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel for Mac v16.45 - Can't Create Charts in Certain Workbooks

Hi,

I am working on a workbook that I've had for years, but for some reason I am unable to make charts all of a sudden in that workbook, but I can create charts when I copy the data to a new workbook.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Why is that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Secondary axis charts

Make the secondary axis work the same on Mac as it does on PC. It is a right pain to get a secondary axis onto a graph in Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add filter option for chart series

Add filter option for series in a chart. Similar to what is available on Excel for Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix bug that crashes Excel 2019 ( 16.45 (21011103) ) on iMac Big Sur when adding chart data

This is not an idea, but a bug report with reference to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-2019-1645-21011103-crashes-on-imac-big-sur/d1a8acc3-66b6-4418-8f08-50564eaa8e58 :

do following:
    - create a new workbook
    - in sheet 1 fill column A from row 1 till 24 with values from 10, 20, ....till 240
    - create a new sheet 2 and fill value 500 in cell A1
    - create a new sheet 3 and insert a simple 2d clustered bar chart
    - use the Select Data button in the ribbon and select A1 till A24 from sheet 1
    - then click in the chart and from the excel menu choose Data / Chart Add…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make longer slots

make longer slots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to add a Title to a Chart Legend

To improve comprehension of chart data, it is sometimes very helpful to explain what each data series represents. E.g. if the series names say "orange", "apples", and "bananas" the legend could say Fruit [lbs].
    While this information could be added in the chart title, it can make that title too long.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding an extra vertical axis for Mac in graphs in Excel.

I've been working on a school assignment where we need to show the correlation between 2 sets of data but the range of them both is far apart. On the support page I saw the function only works in Word. Why?

My suggestion is that this function in also added to Excel.

Link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/office/een-secundaire-as-aan-een-grafiek-toevoegen-of-hieruit-verwijderen-in-excel-91da1e2f-5db1-41e9-8908-e1a2e14dd5a9

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How about making your Mac version intuitive? It's hard to find stuff.

How about making your Mac version intuitive? It's hard to find stuff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XML mapping ability

I do a lot of XML mapping (import XML data to Excel, Export XML format) and every time I have to do this, I need to go Windows machine, which, for those who doesn't know, is a terrible experience by itself. There is a reason I love Mac. Please make Mac the only computer that I'd be using for any need.
    Thanks,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vertical axis and Data Label options for a Chart

Currently, Selecting the Vertical axis (Primary or Secondary) and Data Label options are not available while Selecting Data for a chart. This creates innumerable problems while charting, especially using large data sets. This is leading to non-display of charts if Data set is more than 1000 in numbers.

Preferably, an option should be available also to Turn-Off all Data Labels by default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please include "Cell Values" as a Data Label Option

In many versions of Excel, you can add data labels that correspond with a specific cell value.This is particularly useful in a scatterplot or bubble chart. Please add this feature to Excel for Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for easy deletion of individual bars from bar charts

In my current version of Excel, there is an option for easily removing a series from a line chart. However, there is no easy way to remove a single bar from a bar chart.

Sometimes I need to break up existing bar charts into multiple sub-charts, but the only way to do this involves duplicating and changing the chart data range. I then have to go and change the colors of the bars one by one and manually reassign error bar sources.

If there were a way to individually delete bars from a bar chart in a way that preserved…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Excel on windows you RC chart and it shows which type. I am a teacher and wish to do same thing on Mac I have 16.16.26 version

Make it easy for teachers to check type of graph a student has used. It is very easy on Windows. Mac should be just as easy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the Waterfall chart to include display units like thousands

In all the charts I've looked which is most you can format the axis to change the way the units are displayed like in hundreds, thousands, millions...
    The Waterfall chart doesn't allow for this. The format axis dialog box to the right doesn't have this choice. Please see the attached file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base