Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore data form functionality (different from VBA UserForms)

I miss the data form feature available in previous versions of Excel and would like to see it restored in Excel for Mac. Note that the Data Form feature is not the same as VBA UserForms. There's a separate suggestion if you want to vote for VBA UserForms.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will still accept votes on this suggestion. Please note that this suggestion is not for VBA UserForms. There’s a separate suggestion you can vote for if that’s most important to you.

Some comments on the other suggestion indicate that clarification was needed, so I’ve updated the titles and description to be clearer.

Steve K [MS Excel]

2. ALT key ribbon access

The ability to utilize the ALT keys to access any button or command on the ribbon greatly improves productivity on the PC versions of excel. Implementing this feature on the Mac version of excel would be greatly appreciated.

216 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have Excel - and other Office programs - follow current OS X standards for menus and title bars

In your info page for Office, you say:

"Unmistakably Office, designed for Mac … combining the familiarity of Office and the unique Mac features you love."

But Office 2016 seems just like Office 2011 by not updating some menu and title bar features to reflect current OS X standards. It took me a while to get used to these, but now that I have it's frustrating to expect them and find them missing. Two big ones:

- Save/Duplicate/Save As… Shift-Cmd-S is now supposed to be "Duplicate" by default in OS X, not Save As. Instead, the Option key is used…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, comments and votes for following OS X standards for menus and title bars. Some aspects mentioned here have been addressed, such as switching windows within Excel by pressing CMD+` (key that has ~ on it). We will continue to monitor votes and comments to prioritize accordingly with other suggestions here.

Steve K [MS Excel]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base