Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LaTeX Rendering within OFFICE

I'd love to see a rendering capability for turning LaTeX code snippets into mathematical symbols for products like word and excel.

I think we all use excel these days, and we personally hate the VBA features in MAC. But I'm fairly certain LaTeX will be the MICROSOFT WORD Killer that will destroy any need to use that product ever again.

We still are stuck with Excel. It's a good product. Because it's visual and easy to work with vs. other command line scripting tools like MATLAB or Python or R. That said. --- I'm almost certain that there's no reason…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Scope in Define name dialog

Can we please get a option to change the scope in the define name dialog when you define a name in Mac Excel 2016. Like to change it to sheet sometimes, the only way to do it now is to type the sheet name before the name like 'sheet name'!namerange . I like to see that it is working the same as in all the other Excel versions (Win and Mac)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Office sounds" are too loud

Hi. Office 2016 sounds are far louder than they were in Office 2011. For example, if playing music using iTunes with the iTunes volume slider at maximum, the Office sounds are far louder than the music. I've had to turn off Office sounds for now. Please consider reducing them in a maintenance release or in the next version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data Validation move after enter

When an item is chosen form an incell dropdown list from data validation, the cell selection should move in accordance with the preference selection for move after enter. Selecting the item from the list should be the same as typing the value and pressing enter. In the current implementation on all platforms it is not. You need to select the item from the list and then select the next cell. If the selection were to move after the selection, it would make data entry much easier and faster, particularly in Excel on the iPad. (For Bob Greenblatt, former MVP)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the addition of "Local Paths" To Hyperlinks, rendering them broken after moving the Spreadsheet in Excel for Mac 2011-2016.

i.e

I set a hyperlink as file://localhost/Volumes/Archive/Video Content
    I save I exit the Document. Share it with a user.

The path is correct, however , reopening, Excel forces an addition an becomes,
    i.e file://localhost/users/archive/../..//Volumes/Archive/Video Content

This of course starts to causes issues.

Please contact me should a update for this be in the process.
    Thank you.
    glen_burger@yahoo.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a preference to control gesture sensitivity of Magic Mouse

When scrolling (vertical or horizontal) using Magic Mouse gestures, the sensitivity of the function is set *far* too high. A tiny, inadvertent brush of the surface of the mouse can send you halfway across the (spreadsheet) galaxy! It has become so annoying that I'm thinking of getting a Mundane Mouse just to use with Excel. Some kind of scaling setting would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Undo button should only effect the spreadsheet window it is at the top of. I have 2 spreadsheets open, I found hitti

The Undo button should only effect the spreadsheet window it is at the top of. I have 2 spreadsheets open, I found clicking undo on one was actually changing the other. This is stupid.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customization of status bar (show multiple aggregates - SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX, etc) like Windows Excel

In Excel for Windows the status bar can show multiple information of the selected cells (sum, count, min, max etc.), which is extremely useful. This feature would be nice to have in Excel for Mac as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow larger values for Spinner control

I want to be able to use the spinner control to increment and decrement date vales, but the max number allowed is only 30,000, which isn't even large enough to accommodate today's date value much less future date vales.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Costumize the background

How about give the possibility to change the color of the background (under the sheet), instead the classic grey?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Online templates missing?

When writing an article about Excel features and ideas on the excel blog it's not user friendly when the description is either misleading or isn't working.

The article link:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Learn-how-to-use-the-Stock-Analysis-template-with-Excel-2016-f65e62ac-7af6-4cc6-98f3-f68b147ed65d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

I was reading use excel like a boss and followed the link for the stock analysis and per the instructions I went into my templates and it's not there and it's also not online at the following link: https://templates.office.com/en-us/templates-for-Excel

Also since comments are closed on that article I can't ask what happened to that template.

I'm using office 365 on my iMac using Excel 2016 version 15.18. When I search…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Hyperlink (CTRL K) suddenly Excel reports valid URLs cannot be opened

Excel does not launch/switch to Safari anymore and reports "Unable to open http***** Cannot download the information you requested@.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change installation manager so that it's possible to install ONLY excel without all other tools

Change installation manager so that it's possible to install ONLY excel without all other tools.
    I don't like it that you have to install all tools although I don't use die other ones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. USB numeric keypad

Numeric keypad is not working after upgrading to El Capitan.
    Please update ASAP. working without mentioned keypad is very hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Release notes and updated documentation

In the Help menu->New Functions I would like to see the latest 5, 10 or last years additions and fixes from Excel with links to their updated counterpart documentation/release notes on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There is a serious problem with the latest version 16.9 (180116). Among other things array arithmetic no longer works. mbabele@999info.net

Bug in Version 16.9 (180116) array arithmetic that I've been using for years no longer works.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base