Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Interchange Find Diag box with Command + F

Developer - Pl interchange Control + F (Find Diag box) with Command + F (Search bar on ribbon) . I felt later one is little slow in searching and Diagbox search (Advance search) do job fast OR let user make it default (Advance search ) in Ribbon Search bar itself. It's so annoying with current one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compressing pictures

When compressing inserted pictures in Excel 2016 for Mac, "Sending in an email message, Email 96 ppi) should be set as default or there should be an option to set a specific picture quality/resolution when inserting pictures in Excel.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-the-default-resolution-for-inserting-pictures-in-Office-2016-f4aca5b4-6332-48c6-9488-bf5e0094a7d2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. search entire workbook option, please

There is no option to search the entire workbook, just the current sheet. This is a crazy design flaw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reduce Font Duplication

I have just found that Microsoft in its wisdom has decided not to use the standard fonts localities for Mac OS but has decided to store the fonts for Office elsewhere, but even better, has decided to duplicate the fonts for each Office application.

Each 2016 Office for Mac application stores its fonts in the application package, i.e. Microsoft Excel.app sores its fonts in Contents > Resources > Fonts, as do all of the Office applications with each application having its own copy of the fonts it needs. Therefore, Word has 485.7 MB, Excel 483.7 MB, OneNote 289.1 MB, OutLook…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I use both MAC and PC. I would like to be able to delete a file without having to go to another website!

Make it possible to DELETE A FILE within Excel itself.
    It is rIdiculous, irritating and time consuming to have to go to another websIte (onedrivelive) in order to delete a file. Please make it possible in both Excel and Word. I use both a MAC and a PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. REDUCE MOTION! Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. REDUCE MOTION! Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change appearance of Delete Rows & Cols Quick Access buttons

Using a 5K iMac and recently Office 2016. I added the Insert R & C and the Delete R & C buttons to the quick access toolbar.

Given the high resolution of the monitor it is impossible to distinguish between the two 'delete' buttons. Been using Excel for >20 years and this is the 1st time I'm not liking it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move / Copy of a worksheet within a workbook doesn't appear to work in Excel 2016 for Mac.

Move / Copy of a worksheet within a workbook doesn't appear to work in Excel 2016 for Mac.
    I right-click on the tab of a worksheet, select 'Move / Copy" and nothing happens. No matter where I click, I hear a pop noise. Have to shut down Excel to get back into the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Specifications and limits

Post "Specifications and limits" that explicitly apply to Excel for Mac 2016, or explicitly state that currently-posted "Specifications and limits" attributed to a different version or platform ALSO apply to Excel for Mac 2016.

I recall MS promulgating "Specifications and limits" for various versions of Excel since at least the early-mid-90s. However, I currently cannot find such a posting explicitly associated with the aforementioned Excel version. The most similar versions for which I've found "Specifications and limits" pages include...
    - Excel for Mac 2011...https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Specifications-and-limits-for-Excel-2011-5DE84162-0301-422B-B1DE-C11D89120C76
    - Excel 2016-2013 (implicitly for Windows)...https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-specifications-and-limits-1672b34d-7043-467e-8e27-269d656771c3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Crashing

I have lost my data for my physics laboratory. Now I have nothing to turn in. Where is my file? It is due Tuesday Morning. This is not the first time this has happened. I love excel I really do, but I can't keep restarting my labs just because excel decided to completely delete my file off my computer. There is no trace of it whatsoever except the one graph I managed to get onto my report on a word document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When using SEARCH SHEET function, provide ability to look at hidden values

When using SEARCH, provide ability (check box?) to search (also search) HIDDEN DATA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. F4 repeat last command, doesn't work on the new Macbook pro with touch bar.

F4 repeat last command, doesn't work on the new Macbook pro with touch bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Zoomed/Expanded Window on App Launch

Any chance to have excel launch in an zoomed/expanded window by default instead of the smaller window it always opens in? A bit annoying having to double click the top of the app to expand the window every time. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cannot move a range of cells by dragging

Excel 15.36 on Sierra 10.12.6.
    I can no longer select a range of cells and move the range to a different location by dragging. The “little hand” does not appear when I hover over the edge of the range. I am sure that this was working previously on an earlier update. This is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How do I stop receiving email updates about an issue?

How do I stop receiving email updates about an issue? I click unsubscribe and all that does is take me to the Excel Suggestion Box page. There is no place there to unsubscribe.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. カメラアプリの選択

Excelアプリで挿入、カメラ、でのカメラアプリの選択を提案します。その理由として、カメラのシャッター音の大きさにあります。静かな場所やオフィスで大きなシャッター音には非常に困っています。わざわざマナーカメラで写真を撮り挿入するのは効率が悪い。カメラアプリを指定できればその煩わしさも無くなります。
    私は現在iPad proを使っています。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fill cells with a series by using the fill handle doesn't work since Update 15.35.0

Please excuse my poor english.
    In one of Your descriptions it is called

6. You can also specify the type of series by using the right mouse button to drag the fill handle over the range and then clicking the appropriate command on the shortcut menu.

but it doesn't work anymore since the last Update.
    If You do so, a new window is open.

You will see on the attached file.

I hope You would be able to recognise an fix it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base