Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You should have alerted all users of Office 2008 for Mac about the "inadvertent" upgrade to Office 2016 that came through your AutoUpdate

You should alert all Office 2008 for Mac users that you will fix the "inadvertent" upgrade that screwed up Office performance for months and prevented subsequent upgrades. Now, I have lost many tediously produced spreadsheets important to our business that I must spend hundreds of hours to reproduce. The only fix you offer is to RE-INSTALL? Microsoft caused this problem, Microsoft should fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Feature

Select multiple rows of numbers and return a =SUM() of multiple numbers that equal a user designated number. See attachment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please do not close out files upon quitting the application. This requires one to remember file locations and names when working multiples.

Old versions of Excel did not close open files when closing the application. This was very convenient when working with multiple files and the need to close Excel (and Word and PowerPoint) occurred, as in restart needed, or whatever. Remembering all file names and locations is time consuming and needless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is it possible to install Excel 2011 and Excel 2016?

Is it possible to install Excel 2011 and Excel 2016? I was forced to upgrade to Office 2016 because Office 2011 is no longer supported. However, I have found Excel 2016 to be so buggy and unreliable that I need to go back to Excel 2011.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Signes opératoires

Dans la liste des commandes de personnalisation de la barre d'outils accès rapide, ajouter les signes opératoires : + - * / ( ) % . et , .

C'était bien pratique à utiliser dans Excel 2011.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need a way to insert multiple rows & columns in excel

Please create a way to insert multiple rows & above or below other rows when I right click on a row. Also if you could do that for columns as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 增加MAC系统安装GB系列字库,如常用的仿宋_GB2312字体,希望能予以解决。

不仅仅是excel,整套office都有一个字库相互兼容问题。现MAC系统未安装GB系列字库,使用极不方便。如常用的仿宋_GB2312字体,希望能予以解决。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The software not optimized for Mac OS version 10.13.4

The Software has to be upgraded to be optimized for latest Mac OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tell me needs a shortcut key

The "Tell me" box in Excel (16.13.1, 180523) doesn't have a shortcut to get to it... meaning, we're still stuck using the mouse... which the whole point of Tell Me is not to have to do!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scientific User Community - functional regression

Hello - I wanted to make the development team at Microsoft aware of an EXCEL use case that was once addressed in its design long ago, but has been lost. Many users in the scientific community use EXCEL to display and plot relatively large (~86000 rows) data sets. Here are the specifics, which are EXTREMELY VALUABLE to us in support of such work: (1) The ability to work with multiple windows open at the same time (like a dashboard). Current problems hindering this - The CLOSE command only closes one window, and causes loss of the arrangement of the others…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upgrade bug in 2016

I have found a bug (I believe) in the latest update to 2016. If you create a VBA macro in Excel 2011 for Mac first and then open it in 2016 you can't view or edit the new module(s). If you attempt to open them nothing happens - the editing window remians blank. I have 2011 on an iMac and 2016 on a MacBook Pro. I often switch between the two depends on circumstances. I do not want to "upgrade" the older 2011. It is not worth it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix appearance of strange characters when copying large columns into text editor

Squash the bug whereby copying and pasting a column with many rows into a text editor (R Studio, TextEdit, TextWrangler, etc) makes strange characters appear at the end (demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/7rxyxwPTkpA)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Typo in spanish translation of Excel, Word and PowerPoint 2016

In spanish version, under "Reduce File Size" there has been a typo for more than a year. It says "màximo" and should be "máximos". I tried to report it within the app months ago but it hasn't been fixed yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Test before release

Not an angry pointed suggestion but these days so many releases I'm immediately finding bugs meaning I have to revert to an earlier version. To the point where I now always make backup copies of Excel & OneNote before allowing an update as well as checking Time Machine is up-to-date. And I'm reverting to those backups so often it's getting a bit daft and I'm now at the point of looking at LibreOffice. Maybe a few votes to get Microsoft to put a bit more effort into pre-release testing.

I can appreciate there is pressure to get new features out…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Startup command prompt to control the update links dialog box

I realized that there is no feature of controlling the dialog box received when I open destination workbook with external workbook reference links. Also when a file is placed on onedrive, the reference gets changed because of onedrive online and when it is opened from a windows PC. How to fix the external references in any workbook?

Regards
    Akshay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel auto update is not able to connect to server currently. It would work better if it could.

Excel auto update is not able to connect to server currently. It would work better if it could. I can't do my work because I can't open the newer version, because excel won't update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For Windows, you can change the number of recent files to show in excel which Excel for Mac doesn’t support. I understand it is inconvenient

Please add and match functionality to allow Mac Users to be able to change the number of recent files in Excel (and Word, too) from the preset of 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. VBA Editor wieder mit Objektansicht zu versehen!!!

Vba Editor braucht eine Objektansicht

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base