Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix appearance of strange characters when copying large columns into text editor

Squash the bug whereby copying and pasting a column with many rows into a text editor (R Studio, TextEdit, TextWrangler, etc) makes strange characters appear at the end (demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/7rxyxwPTkpA)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Typo in spanish translation of Excel, Word and PowerPoint 2016

In spanish version, under "Reduce File Size" there has been a typo for more than a year. It says "màximo" and should be "máximos". I tried to report it within the app months ago but it hasn't been fixed yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Test before release

Not an angry pointed suggestion but these days so many releases I'm immediately finding bugs meaning I have to revert to an earlier version. To the point where I now always make backup copies of Excel & OneNote before allowing an update as well as checking Time Machine is up-to-date. And I'm reverting to those backups so often it's getting a bit daft and I'm now at the point of looking at LibreOffice. Maybe a few votes to get Microsoft to put a bit more effort into pre-release testing.

I can appreciate there is pressure to get new features out…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Startup command prompt to control the update links dialog box

I realized that there is no feature of controlling the dialog box received when I open destination workbook with external workbook reference links. Also when a file is placed on onedrive, the reference gets changed because of onedrive online and when it is opened from a windows PC. How to fix the external references in any workbook?

Regards
    Akshay

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel auto update is not able to connect to server currently. It would work better if it could.

Excel auto update is not able to connect to server currently. It would work better if it could. I can't do my work because I can't open the newer version, because excel won't update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For Windows, you can change the number of recent files to show in excel which Excel for Mac doesn’t support. I understand it is inconvenient

Please add and match functionality to allow Mac Users to be able to change the number of recent files in Excel (and Word, too) from the preset of 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am not able to attach pdf file on excel on Mac as seen on Windows.

WE should be able to attach pdf file as icon on Excel on MAC . we can do similar on Eindows Excel. Unfortunately it cannot be done on office 365. Please add this useful feature in new update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. VBA Editor wieder mit Objektansicht zu versehen!!!

Vba Editor braucht eine Objektansicht

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Interchange Find Diag box with Command + F

Developer - Pl interchange Control + F (Find Diag box) with Command + F (Search bar on ribbon) . I felt later one is little slow in searching and Diagbox search (Advance search) do job fast OR let user make it default (Advance search ) in Ribbon Search bar itself. It's so annoying with current one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Compressing pictures

When compressing inserted pictures in Excel 2016 for Mac, "Sending in an email message, Email 96 ppi) should be set as default or there should be an option to set a specific picture quality/resolution when inserting pictures in Excel.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-the-default-resolution-for-inserting-pictures-in-Office-2016-f4aca5b4-6332-48c6-9488-bf5e0094a7d2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add same fuction for Excel for mac as the Windows version

People have been requested this since 2015 and now years is 2017 and the version in mac are different from version in windows. We miss Power BI and we miss a lot of function that are not in the Excel for mac. Most of us BIA are a mac user and we can't go over to windows computer just for using Excel.

We want a declaration from MS team and what's your plan about bringing on Power BI and other function to Excel Mac or not? Because we can't pay for Excel and it's different feature depends what we have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. search entire workbook option, please

There is no option to search the entire workbook, just the current sheet. This is a crazy design flaw.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reduce Font Duplication

I have just found that Microsoft in its wisdom has decided not to use the standard fonts localities for Mac OS but has decided to store the fonts for Office elsewhere, but even better, has decided to duplicate the fonts for each Office application.

Each 2016 Office for Mac application stores its fonts in the application package, i.e. Microsoft Excel.app sores its fonts in Contents > Resources > Fonts, as do all of the Office applications with each application having its own copy of the fonts it needs. Therefore, Word has 485.7 MB, Excel 483.7 MB, OneNote 289.1 MB, OutLook…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I use both MAC and PC. I would like to be able to delete a file without having to go to another website!

Make it possible to DELETE A FILE within Excel itself.
    It is rIdiculous, irritating and time consuming to have to go to another websIte (onedrivelive) in order to delete a file. Please make it possible in both Excel and Word. I use both a MAC and a PC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. REDUCE MOTION! Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. REDUCE MOTION! Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

Add a menu or preference to reduce motion. Less slithering of boxes around the page. Please help avoid motion sickness.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change appearance of Delete Rows & Cols Quick Access buttons

Using a 5K iMac and recently Office 2016. I added the Insert R & C and the Delete R & C buttons to the quick access toolbar.

Given the high resolution of the monitor it is impossible to distinguish between the two 'delete' buttons. Been using Excel for >20 years and this is the 1st time I'm not liking it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)