Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Ribbon AUTOHIDING in Mac Excel

The idea is simple.

IF AUTOHIDE RIBBON is turned on,

THEN the Ribbon collapses into the TITLES OF THE RIBBON TABS automatically as your mouse moves off it. The Ribbon re-expands when your mouse hovers over the Title Tabs that the Ribbon collapsed into.

The whole key to this is to have NO DELAY between when you hover on it and the Ribbon Autoexpands, and NO DELAY when you hover off it and the Ribbon Autocollapses.

Please Don't even put in a 0.1ms delay for aesthetics. Default to 0.00ms delay, so that it SNAPS OPEN AND CLOSED. If you want…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Support multi-row worksheet tabs, or vertical tabs (some way to see more sheet tabs at a time)

The workbooks I work with often have 10+ tabs. This makes it very hard to navigate as you don't get a good overview.

Why not introduce a feature in which the tab list can be viewed in a vertical mode, either to the right or the left side of the actual spreadsheet? This would make navigation much easier.

(2015-11-05 Dan [MS] - recategorized and clarified idea title)

54 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion and the votes about ways to make it easier to work with sheet tabs. We will continue to monitor the suggestion and prioritize it accordingly.

Currently, you can CTRL+Click or right-click on the sheet navigation buttons to the left of the sheet tabs to see the complete list of sheets, which can help you quickly find and navigate to a desired sheet.

Steve K [MS Excel]

• Add Find all in the Mac app

IN the windows version you can click on the button find all when you are in a search box. This then shows you all cells which contain your search criteria in a list. Please add this feature to the Mac app, too!

150 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Horizontal scroll is not working.

When I import a text file and want to select all of the columns as text the horizontal scroll feature does not work and I can only change what ever I can see in the window to text. I use the feature on a weekly basis. This makes excel 2016 unusable for me on a Mc.

29 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By setting your scroll bars to be always shown in your MacOS general settings, you are able to scroll horizontally in the text import wizard.

We will prioritize this issue accordingly with other issues based on the votes and interest that we see here.

Steve K [MS Excel]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base