Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark Mode as simple and easy just like outlook!

Outlook has that button to instantly switch backgrounds to match dark mode and it is extremely helpful when working at night. The bright white excel workbook makes it painful to use at night.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Annoying Trace Precedents / Dependent Window

Why is it necessary to click precisely on the "arrow" when tracing precedents or dependents through to another sheet? Can you please re-design this icon to provide an easier user experience

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. recent files

Like in windows, Excel for MAC should also have the option of right click and clear all recent files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Highlighting options for Sheet/Workbook search.

It would be helpful to be able to highlight or modify the way cells are viewed using the search function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to remove the recent file list

I would like the recent file list removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks like the plugin "Office Tab Plugin"

Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks. The tabs at the bottom for worksheets are great. But I would like something similar for the tons of workbooks I always have open.

The plugin Office Tab is similar to what I need. https://www.extendoffice.com/product/office-tab.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move or Copy sheet

I think it would make more sense to move the option "(move to the end)' to the top of the list. It is currently at the bottom of the list and in order to select it you have to scroll there anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to have rows starting at 0 instead of 1

So many people put a heading in the first row, then their data after. It can be so annoying to wonder how many pieces of data but you can't just look at the number of rows you have; you always have to subtract 1. If you have a numbered list and are using formulas, you have to use different numbers in the formula than in your list because of this offset as well. Allowing the first row to be "0" would allow the addition of a header row, but not interfere with the numbering of your list. This should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full-screen mode disabled by saving

When saving the spreadsheet in full screen by clicking the save icon, the window automatically closes the full-screen mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It will great to add dark theme completely for excel sheet for rows and column and same for ms word

It will great to add dark theme completely for excel sheet for rows and column and same for ms word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need shortcut to toggle in / out of print preview

Need shortcut to toggle in / out of print preview

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the scroll bar permanently visible, V16.16.12 have to I move mouse to the edge of spreadsheet for the scroll to appear, then move mouse

I have to move mouse to edge of workbook to make scroll bar appear, then move mouse to where it is in order to scroll. This is very time consuming & annoying, it also means that the horizontal scroll bar appears over the bottom row visible, again very frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Engage users, folks of all stripes, to make it User FRIENDLY [MAC]

Mac it easy (INTUITIVELY so) to use Excel. It still as tricky to use as it was in 1989. Really. Hire my and my team, and I can show you viable solutions. At least start focus groups for non "expert" accountant -type users.
    Dumbing down template for instance like a timesheet that needn't have specific times or breaks included. Get it? How does one easily leave out all this minuscia? Allow one to toggle back and forth.
    Then, finally, make a further option that becomes an invoice for recurring services. Thoughts?
    Please respond. I'm tired of Windows and Microsoft. It's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simplify the process of adding check boxes

Google sheets has a very simple way to add check boxes into cells, which is genuinely the major reason why i prefer it to excel. The check boxes in google sheets can also be copied, pasted and extended.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow slide over feature for all ribbons not just Home

allow slide over feature for all ribbons not just Home

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow creation of Sheet Views even when there are no other users in a workbook

New "Sheet View" functionality seems exciting for deconflicting sort/filter operations when other users are viewing the same workbook. But would also be handy to be able to create and save such sheet view perspectives of a worksheet even when others aren't currently in the file, to allow even a single user to create multiple perspectives on a worksheet, and switch between them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Instant Navigation to Real Bottom of Data

Make it easier to navigate to the last row of data, not stopping at the first empty row (missing data) but to the actual last row of data.

Ctrl + Down stops at the first missing data row, but not the last row in the dataset

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. wrong font size in Excel vs Word

By default, Excel seems to use Calibri 11.
    However, the font in Excel always look too small comparing side-by-side between Excel and Word at the same magnification "100%".

I wonder what might be the problem here? Has anyone notice the same problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base