Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey color (for MacOS too)

Please add a Dark Mode feature where the cells are a dark grey (for MacOS too)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. darkmode in the excel cells for mac

The title says it all. It should already exist a dark mode that allows the cells to turn dark as well, not only the editing options.

Ps: forcing me to opt-in of something just to post it... when you explicitly say that I can opt-out is a bad bad UX practice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. In the sheets at the bottom of the page it would be nice to be able to scroll through them all using the the trackpad.

Make it possible to use the track pad to scroll back and forth through the sheets when there is too many to show on one page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shortcut for moving from tab to tab

No doubt it already exists, but I can't find it! Please add the shortcut for moving from tab to tab to the main menu, or add somewhere obvious.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. La possibilità di disabilitare la vista dei file recenti come era possibile nel office 2016 su microsoft 365.

Nel vecchio office era possibile disattivare la visualizzazione dei file recenti aperti o modificati ma nel office 365 questa funzione non cè piu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. stacked excel workbooks (windows or mac)

i would be a nice idea if we could be able ta manage our excel workbooks as stacked ( one behind the other) and hovering the mouse over to be able to see the stacked workbooks.

its another way of grouping the workbooks, but one behind the other, so we would not need to scroll so much left or right when we have many workbooks in a file. !!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Floating live spreadsheet snippet window

I'd like the ability to select a set of cells and immediately make them into a temporary floating mini-spreadsheet window that persists even when moving between tabs (or worksheets). Sometimes, I'm changing a cell that links across pages and I want to see the immediate effect on another page, or I'm changing a cell on another page and want to see the immediate effect on a given page. This would provide persistent, convenient access to a small set of cells (or, e.g. a plot) without having to go back and find them again or sift through a bunch of windows…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you freeze panes within a workbook why cannot you not freeze multiple columns at a time?

I wanted to try to freeze column A but view B-S, then freeze T to then view this as three separate sections. It appears that this cannot be done in excel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Freeze Column 1 and row 1

It would be great to be able to freeze row 1 and column A at the same time. Not sure why this is still not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Freeze Column 1 and row 1

It would be great to be able to freeze row 1 and column 1 at the same time. Not sure why this is still not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add arrows to the left/right scroll bar.

Add arrows to the left/right scroll bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the search text WHITE.

Black cannot be read on dark green by people like me with poor eyesight so the search function become useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Row header highlight color

Hello,
    I am using Excel 365, on the latest version available for Mac OS X. I want to be able to change the row header highlight colour. The default and only colour is much too pale, and virtually impossible to differentiate visually from the other rows/columns in the header. This makes work with larger Excel sheets much harder for no good reason. This was not an issue with previous versions of Excel. Please add an option for the user to easily pick a row header highlight colour. Note : I do not want to modify the cell highlight colour, just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Annoying Trace Precedents / Dependent Window

Why is it necessary to click precisely on the "arrow" when tracing precedents or dependents through to another sheet? Can you please re-design this icon to provide an easier user experience

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base