Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Formatting (Blink/Flash) when value is TRUE

Hi.. Wouldn't be it great to when we apply any condition formatting to any cell or a row/column instead of having a still color we can make it flashing/blink color. This can easily allow the user to identify the records.
    Criteria for flashing/blinking
    1. Number of Blinks/Flash
    2. Recurrence Blink/Flash
    3. Customize blink or not to blink upon opening the workbook

Regards, Faraz Shaikh

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gradient Cell for Excel Mac

To have compatibility for Windows & Mac suggested to have gradient fill for Excel Mac as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data Validation List able to work with Array Constants

Please make the Data Validation List feature work with array constants.
    Like to be able to define a named Array Constant and use that in a Validation List. After all they are both lists and the Data Validation list works with a classic Named Array.

Requirement scenario is to share a workbook across organisations and ensure consistent data entry or option selection without VBA, as VBA is often stripped/blocked at organisational boundaries. This would be a very simple and straightforward solution improving user experience and organisational efficiency.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. touchbar

I would like to easily highlight a cell with the touchbar but the color i most frequently use or even the "last" color used is not an option. I suggest you include whatever color is in the highlight/fill button be included in the touch bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. EXCEL for MAC version 16.35 has a conditional formatting bug

Conditional formatting which uses named ranges in the condition, can't be copied between two workbooks. It can be copied only within one workbook.
    Identical conditional formatting that uses unnamed ranges can be copied between workbooks without a problem.
    This bug is in versions 16.35 and 16.37.

PLEASE FIX!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel 16.33 for Mac has a bug the prevents the display of cells that have been formatted as "Currency"

When selecting a cell and changing the format to "Currency," the cell vanishes. The value is still there, however is does not display to screen. When re-formatting back to "Number" the cell re-appears.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. conditional coloring for pivot cell excel for mac

I compared the "Manage Rules" feature on Windows and Mac, I found that the difference is Windows has the "Apply Rule To", however, Mac doesn't have it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AutoFormating is Disabled in on Excell 2016 in MAC

Hi Team,

Since the upgrade of 2016 MS office in excel Autoformate feature is not available. Could you please tell me how to get it right.

It is On MAC OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office 365 Excel ribbon design is a catastrophe

The current Office 365 Excel (Mac) ribbon design should be 'revised' to previous versions. The font and icon sizes and styles are very difficult to read, especially for people with bifocals or altered vision. E.g., the 'Fill Color' icon used to look like a paint can and now appears as a faint tin can. Font sizes are too small, thin, faint. Just because you can change something does not necessarily make it better. Perhaps Office designers should be required to read Don Norman's design books.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. autocorreccion

En documentos recibidos por mail y/o compartidos x drive o similar NO funciona la autodeteccion y correccion de gramatica y ortografia.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Um problema não solucionado é a conversão de arquivos .csv para arquivos .xlsx. A acentuação sempre sai errada!

m problema não solucionado é a conversão de arquivos .csv para arquivos .xlsx. A acentuação sempre sai errada!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Conditional Formatting

When rows are inserted into a worksheet with conditional formatting, the cell (or range) references in the conditional formatting change. Fix the system so that the insertion of a row or column into an area covered by conditional formatting adopts the format (this part may already be the case) AND the formatting cell range reference in the Conditional Formatting dialog box does not get fragmented addresses; the range stays the same.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Figures centered but units aligned

In columns, units should be aligned with units, tens with tens and so on… It would be great to have numbers centered in the column but units aligned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SUPPORT KERNING!

I stopped updating excel at version 15.41 because every version which I have tried after that forces text to reflow when opening documents and text in these versions appears horrid compared to text in earlier versions. I finally realized what changed -- in 15.41 and earlier, excel uses the fonts kerning information, whereas subsequent versions ignore it. Why support for kerning was dropped is beyond me, but please please please bring it back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. editar una tabla dinamica,

cuando tengo un dato, por ejemplo: ALMERIA y lo cambio en la tabla por GRANADA, me sustituye todas las celdas por esta ultima y en lo sucesivo siempre que en la hoja de donde provienen los datos, aparece Almeria, me lo sustituye en la tabla dinamica por Granada.
    Como pedo anular esta instrucción,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the formatting uniform to all Operating systems (windows and MAC)

We have noticed various issues when an Excel file is created and then e-mailed to a Mac user. For example, certain cells do not stay highlighted. Also, when the Windows user sees a spreadsheet solely appearing on one page sometimes when myself (Mac user) receives it a Column or Row does not fit. Additionally, under page layout when select print headings this expansion of the sheet occurs. We have noticed various formatting issues and wish that the Excel program would be more consistent so that each user would have a similar view as well as experience using the program's lies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ADD the view object tab back into VB project

cannot modify excel forms in macro embedded spreadsheet. can change code but not the physical user form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)