Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. money in excel

Money in Excel Manual Accounts

I have a couple accounts that I use that aren't currently supported by Plaid, specially T-Mobile Money, Apple Card, and cash (yes, paper money!). Adding manual accounts and transactions would be a nice interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Money in Excel Manual Accounts Add Orange County Credit Union to Money in Excel

Add Orange County Credit Union (OCCU) to Money in Excel Financial Institutions (https://www.orangecountyscu.org)

Money in Excel doesn't show OCCU in Financial Institutions list from Plaid. I've been able to previously add account via login link from other Plaid applications.

Adding manual accounts via institutions login URL would be a nice as an interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix VBE

Many issues with VBE including...

When adding part of a line of code in the editor such as select case<space> and then I pause to think auto syntax checking seems to run (even if its turned off in preferences and irrespective of whether I'm in design mode)
    The result is that the line turns red and the space is removed. The consequence is that as I type the next part of the statement the space is removed and I end up with a syntax error.
    This issue is irrespective of where I save the document (OneDrive, iCloud or local to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customizing form controls

Can you please restore user forms and active-x controls? The form controls are so limited in customization features that they are almost useless to me as a vba developer. I can’t even specify a font size for a combo box on a worksheet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Ver 16.45 so VBA goal seek macro that works on Catalina OS also work with Mac Big Sur OS with M1 Chip

Having upgraded from MacBook Air (Catalina OS) to Mac Book Pro M1 (Big Sur OS) the same goal seek macro results in a crash of Excel on the MacBook. Having spent all day investigating with apple and your support team it seems that there is a problem with Ver 16.45 running on the MacBook Pro (Big Sur). The same machine will run the macro on ver 15.41 but not on Ver 16.45 . However ver 16.45 running on the MacBook Air works. Please resolve as this is likely to be happening to others also. Your support team has the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Restore the "Do Not Open" button to "This workbook contains macros" warning dialog

In Excel 16.44 the only choices are "Enable Macros" and "Disable Macros". If the user has selected for loading the workbook that contains the macros by mistake, there is no longer an option to revoke the request. The user is forced to accept the load, and then close the workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restore the "Do Not Open" button to "This workbook contains macros" warning dialog

In Excel 16.44 the only choices are "Enable Macros" and "Disable Macros". If the user has selected for loading the workbook that contains the macros by mistake, there is no longer an option to revoke the request. The user is forced to accept the load, and then close the workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add all fonts for mac as same as Microsoft version

I cannot type Thai language because it just allows English !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add PowerPivot for Macs.

I've seen this has been a complaint going back for years and it never seems to be addressed. I am quite confident that Microsoft has the resources to provide the same functions across Mac and Windows.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need Analysis Toolpak - VBA

Really need this -- cross platform work environment.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is it still not possible to run KPI and PowerPivot on a Mac????

Why is it still not possible to run KPI and PowerPivot on a Mac????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is an issue with toolpak for excel 2016 version 16.45 in MacOS.

My data analysis toolpak was working perfectly for version 16.43 but when I tried to update my excel to 16.45, then there was an error in the tookpak. I cannot use that particular toolpak on 16.45. I tried reinstalling everything including addins but it was not working. Later I reverted back to 16.43 and then everything was normal. So, it must be the problem with 16.45.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Excel for Money"

Excel for Money needs to support dual factor authentication for logging into financial institutions that offer that level of security

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Modeless Information Box

Dear Excel Team,
    I have a macro, and I want Excel to display a modeless (non-modal) message to the user while the macro is running. That way, the user will know that the macro is still running, and has not crashed. I would like this message to go away when the macro is done. Then I could fire a new message, indicating "Done!"
    I do NOT want to use the status bar for this, since the status bar is not conspicuous enough.
    The MsgBox function does not work, because it prevents the rest of the macro from running.
    I can't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cannot open Excel Preferences when VBA is in break

Please fix this bug: when Excel VBA is in break, I can't open Excel preferences.

Word doesn't have this problem. Haven't checked PowerPoint

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base