Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In the excel filter menu show a light colored bar to show how many of that value there are in the column.

An underlay behind the fliter menu to show the count of each value in the filter menu for that column.
    This will give users a good indication of the impact of that value. In a second phase, hovering over the value could give a tool tip with the count or make the count show up on the right hand side of the filter menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a user tutorial for pivot tables.

Create step by step user tutorial for pivot tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Autofilter shortcut button for filtering by selected cell — already exists in Windows version

The Autofilter shortcut is an available button in the Windows version that you can bring into the Quick Access Toolbar or ribbon. Select a cell and click the Autofilter button -> the selection is then automatically filtered by the selected cell. Currently, we have to navigate a long-winded context menu path. This would be a real time saver for all those working with reams of data in tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add possibility to copy/paste information from filtered cells

Wfhen applying a filter, it is currently not possible to copy and paste information without getting an error message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put ‘FORMS” back into the ribbon

When setting a table The “Forms” option is no longer available. Strangely enough that was one of the reasons I purchased 360.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Permit opening and closing groups in protected worksheets

It is annoying to have to unprotect a worksheet each time you need to open or close a group.

When protecting a worksheet, have a tick option to permit this or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Easy Tables & Charts

Allow Mac users to create tables, graphs, and charts as easy as on Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. remember the size of the filter menu that drops down from the filter twisty with filters on

Mac and Windows applicable.
    Remember the size of the filter menu that drops down from the filter twisty with filters on.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to be able to sort my sheets/tabs in alphabetical order within one worksheet.

Create a one-click option to sort tabs/sheets within one workbook the same way you can sort data within your worksheet cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Drag and Drop Rows/columns to re-order

I would like the ability to drag-and-drop rows and columns to re-order them. Google Sheets has this ability and I use it all the time. In excel if I want to move a row or column to re-order it, I need to use copy/paste and insert. It's a pain. If I'm viewing a list of items which I want to put into priority order, it is very difficult to do this in Excel. Whereas in Google Sheets, I can just drag and drop the rows to re-order them very easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include custom filter for pivot table

When filtering the pivot tables or excel tables, we the Mac users aren't allowed to use custom filter and that can be frustrating when we need to filter out names from A to N, but as the row is categorised as "Texts", we do not get to use filters like "Greater than or equals to" which is only for "Numbers" category. Need this to be included soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Exists in Windows not in Mac, very usefull when an item is selected, pressing the space bar will check/uncheck the check box.

This is the behavior which is not in Mac or does not have an alternative, the only way is using the mouse click.
    Working with filters, when the filter is applied to a column and the drop down menu is active,
    When an item is selected, pressing the space bar will check/uncheck the check box.  Then press Enter to apply the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve Filtered Columns

On a table that's filtered, when you hit the little filter drop down arrow the cursor should immediately go to the search box in the drop down, rather than having to click it again. As you've just hit the dropdown you obviously want to filter and as that's the only field you can type in while filtering it should go there automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Comma Separation Option for Text String Values in Single Cell

I have an .xlsx containing the titles of a bunch of books I'm using for a project with columns for things like the Title, Author, Year Published, etc. One of those columns is a "Keyword" column for classifying the book: e.g. novel, science fiction, anti-hero, etc. Each book has an entry containing multiple keywords, separated by commas.

What I would like to be able to do is set up a filter for the entire sheet so that I can quickly pull up books tagged with a particular keyword. Unfortunately, Excel treats the text in the cell as a single value,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base