Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. powerquery

Set up PowerPivot for Excel for Mac

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When are you going to add power pivot to Mac Excel.

When are Mac users going to get POWER PIVOT on Mac Excel, feeling a little cheated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. create relationships between tables in Excel in Microsoft 365 for MAC

MS Office 365 is not fully translatable. The option for relationships and Power Pivot is not available for MAC as it is when using a PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

We could not open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on mac Excel 16 version. It is make our job hard to update pivot table.

We need to install office 2011 to run the report.
    Is there any possible you could add the feature in to mac version of Excel? And we notice pivottable and pivotchart wizard function is works on windows system.

We believe there is way to add this comment to the mac version excel.
    and could you please add it in?

We really don't want to keep switch different version of excel or jump in windows system to run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

There is no option to open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on Mac Excel 16 version. It make us very hard to update pivot table data.
    This option can do on windows version of excel. We believe it could be add in to mac version.

Could you please make the improvement and add this features in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add data model capability so I can do distinct count

Add data model capability so I can do distinct count

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PivotTable with Text - Add Measure

Allow a Pivot with text by adding the 'Add Measure...' feature to PivotTable Fields (as in Windows)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard in Excel for Mac.

Need to use different grouping from same source data. Functionality should be the same as Windows version. Without clearing cache for new table data grouping is consistent across all tables linked to same data source. I have one table in days but would like another table from same source but I years. It converts both tables to year altering the whole analysis. This affects slicers too. Workaround would be to inefficiently copy data source to another table with same data bit different name. So you would be C&P data from one table to the other. Not efficient at all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Power Pivot function on PC must ALSO be usable feature on Mac

Seems a rip-off that Mac users must pay the same price for MS Office only to be short-changed on the utility of the program. Mostly use Excel and Outlook. The latter is generally okay, but Excel lacks.

1. Control keys do not navigate properly on the Mac and/or display does not move properly, especially large files; and germain to this thread,

2. Building pivot tables on the Mac is an absolute pain in the ... while very simple on a PC. Learned (from MS support) that this is a feature called "Power Pivot" that simply is not available on the Mac. Makes…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improving Pivot Tables regarding control source data and caches.

I had a big problem after an office update. My files couldn't be open correctly because some pivots had some links to other external files. But as the microsoft support told me it is not possible to delete those links to other files. I didnt understand why, but they told me a pivot table will never forget those links and I have to rebuild everything from the scratch. Please add a possibility to overview, add and delete all links to other files out of a pivot table.

Additional I ask my self why there is no window/funktion to visualize the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PivotTable summarize

It would be very useful if you could define your own setting. For example, I never use the summary, it would be better for me if the default setting was average. It is very time consuming, for multiple data always open the pop-up window and change the setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the date model check box

Need to create a pivot t table by selecting the data model check box so I can use de "distinct cost function"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Single pivot from different tables in Mac

I am unable to create create a single pivot table from 2 different tables in a mac.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pivot Table with data

I want no calculation on field "Value" (number, average, variance ...) but the value of field "Value"
    Useful for filtering/Extracting and grouping multiples values for the label row field
    No Excel functions to create
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add PivotTables and Data Modeling to Office for Mac

See subject. Please add these features to Office for Mac. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set PivotTable default layout options

We need the magic of "File > Options > Data > Click the Edit Default" etc. to set PivotTable defaults. This feature exists for Windows. We know it's there and can see its value. It's time to bring it to Mac and set us free! ~ Who's with me? ~

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom sort

Need the ability to custom sort

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add filter options in Pivot graph in Excel for Mac

Add filter options in Pivot graph in Excel for Mac for better visualisation and flexibility

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base