Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Consolidate Multiple Data Sources in a Pivot Table

Allow users to aggregate data in a pivot table from multiple worksheets.

229 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    info needed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi all – we are evaluating this request, but we want to find the best solution for your data analysis needs. It would be helpful if you would describe what you are trying to accomplish with your data so we can understand whether there’s a better way than by using the PivotTable Wizard to consolidate multiple ranges.

Please add your comments to the suggestion in Excel.UserVoice.com.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this to consolidate historical prior year data on one worksheet while another tab has the current year's data which is updated monthly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Mac user and pay the same price for Excel as a Windows user does. I want to use a pivot table to analyse data which is contained in different tables on different Worksheets (not Workbooks). I believe this is implemented in Excel for Windows but it is not for Mac Os. Please sort this out asap.

• Ali Shuja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to consolidate data from multiple sheets to be able to compare the monthly sales CAD$ (in Canada) and the difference the sales reported to the head office in US in USD. The data is huge so i can't put it all in one Sheet.
        Please make this feature available in Excel for Mac 2016. Thanks

• Shelly Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pulling in data from multiple sources, and want to be able to compare the data across time ranges. For example, average temp, average precipitation from national weather data. Plus water usage from local municipalities. Would be helpful if I could create summary pivot table data with both data sources to be able to slide/dice/graph. Pivot Table and Pivot Chart works perfectly for this purpose. Please make this available in Excel for Mac 2016!

• Max Mansouri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As stated below PLEASE allow us the option to consolidate multiple pages of data into a pivot table. Currently this is possible in windows using the pivot table wizard. I don't think the wizard is even an option on mac as I've tried looking for it in "commands not in ribbon" and found nothing..

This is a vote to allow multiple consolidation ranges in Excel for Mac for Pivot Tables - I want to incorporate data from two separate tables/worksheets into a Pivot Table. With a matching identifier account column, one table reflects transactional data for each account, while the other reflects each account's overall allowed budget total.

• jeroen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At our office every employee has his own timesheet (table) in which the hours worked on different projects are registered. It's easy to make overview for each employee. To see the the total of hours for a project from all employees its necessary to have a pivot table which allows multiple sources.

Hi MSFT - I'm just reading all these comments from February... has there been any progress 6 months on?

I have data on a number of events and want to cross reference it with data on the attendees of each event, connecting them by event date. Each event might have 12 attendees. I can't even see if I can do this with this feature since I have Excel for Mac 2016.

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe Microsoft would take such an important feature away, 2016 has been out for over three years, unacceptable.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 sets of data, their Primary Keys are:
        Changes: CP_num; Timestamp - includes info about resources, personnel, scope
        Affected Customer: CP_num; FP; ingredient; End_cust

I want to combine these tables through a pivot table, joining on CP_num, so I can filter by customer, or ingredient, and see what resources are common across those changes.

• Uwe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to combine to sheets in one Pivot table.
        Income 2017 and Income 2018 to see total income since start grouped by type

I do complex analysis of monthly data retrievals that require additional breakdowns, then consolidation for further analysis. The data comes from different sources and does not match to combine into one sheet, but common fields allow consolidation.

People are familiar with using PivotTable Wizard and PowerPivot. Either of these options would be acceptable. We really just need the same ability that we have in Windows for Mac. It's really not more advanced than being able to create lists from multiple sheets.

• Dede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Command+ATL+p does not work for Excel 2016. Microsoft has removed the wizard from the 2016 version of Office. We are trying to consolidate multiple sheets of data into a single pivot table to see sums across say different years and countries

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base