Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Consolidate Multiple Data Sources in a Pivot Table

Allow users to aggregate data in a pivot table from multiple worksheets.

257 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – we are evaluating this request, but we want to find the best solution for your data analysis needs. It would be helpful if you would describe what you are trying to accomplish with your data so we can understand whether there’s a better way than by using the PivotTable Wizard to consolidate multiple ranges.

Please add your comments to the suggestion in Excel.UserVoice.com.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

61 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Femke Pilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple worksheets with different columns but with a unique key between them. I need to download them on a regular basis and don't want to have to rearrange and consolidate each time, prior to be able to update my pivot.

• Andres Ruiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to link different tables that have different data. If the Add The Data Model is no longer an option, we need to work with Macros to create columns in the table. This is a very time consuming process and increases the size of the files> Please consider add the function in MAC

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Taking hours and projects that are entered by employee, and combining data from multiple worksheets into a single pivot table. Looks like this used to be available but now is not. Please restore it. ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want to use Pivot table wizard instead we should be able to use the Analyze Multiple table functionality through the selection of "Add the data to the Data Model. It should be there for Mac as well.

Is there any update on this? Why aren't microsoft doing anything about this problem? Looking at the hundreds of threads online, clearly there are plenty of people who need this function back!

I have the same table replicated in 5 tabs for each department. Each department has different owners, issues, actions, but the same statuses, priorities, etc I want to build a pivot to cover all of them

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a spreadsheet for personal budget tracking, one sheet for each of the 12 months.
    All 12 sheets have the same columns, including a Categories drop-down list for each expense.
    Looking for a pivot table that can roll up the data for the year by category so I can track progress against annual budgets.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to analyse data using a single pivot table which draws from sources on multiple worksheets within the same workbook. This is possible in Excel Windows and used to be possible in Excel Mac but it appears it has been removed for some reason. It would be very helpful to have this functionality returned otherwise Excel is hobbled and not particularly capable for anything beyond basic requirements.

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need Pivot Tables capability from consolidated multiple ranges for MAC users. Recent purchase of excel 2019 was a waste without this capability.

Please add PivotTable Wizard to consolidate multiple ranges for MAC user.

• Rudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this to consolidate historical prior year data on one worksheet while another tab has the current year's data which is updated monthly

I am a Mac user and pay the same price for Excel as a Windows user does. I want to use a pivot table to analyse data which is contained in different tables on different Worksheets (not Workbooks). I believe this is implemented in Excel for Windows but it is not for Mac Os. Please sort this out asap.

• Ali Shuja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to consolidate data from multiple sheets to be able to compare the monthly sales CAD$ (in Canada) and the difference the sales reported to the head office in US in USD. The data is huge so i can't put it all in one Sheet.
    Please make this feature available in Excel for Mac 2016. Thanks

• Shelly Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pulling in data from multiple sources, and want to be able to compare the data across time ranges. For example, average temp, average precipitation from national weather data. Plus water usage from local municipalities. Would be helpful if I could create summary pivot table data with both data sources to be able to slide/dice/graph. Pivot Table and Pivot Chart works perfectly for this purpose. Please make this available in Excel for Mac 2016!

• Max Mansouri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As stated below PLEASE allow us the option to consolidate multiple pages of data into a pivot table. Currently this is possible in windows using the pivot table wizard. I don't think the wizard is even an option on mac as I've tried looking for it in "commands not in ribbon" and found nothing..

This is a vote to allow multiple consolidation ranges in Excel for Mac for Pivot Tables - I want to incorporate data from two separate tables/worksheets into a Pivot Table. With a matching identifier account column, one table reflects transactional data for each account, while the other reflects each account's overall allowed budget total.

• jeroen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At our office every employee has his own timesheet (table) in which the hours worked on different projects are registered. It's easy to make overview for each employee. To see the the total of hours for a project from all employees its necessary to have a pivot table which allows multiple sources.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base