Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Include PivotCharts as a feature for Excel for Mac.

This feature has been available for Windows users for years. I have Excel 2011 and just can't see the value of upgrading without this feature (as it is, I already have to use a Windows version of Excel to do data analysis).

1,239 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

283 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr COSSON HUBERT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'est une tres bonne nouvelle et un grand progres pour l'affichage des tableaux croisés dynamiques avec en plus un graphique . ( beaucoup plus parlant )
    bonne nouvelle pour les utilisateurs office pour MAC

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pivot charts are not working yet - if you try to change the data range, or select data, it gives an error message that the data source is invalid. After several hours on the phone, and being helped by 9 different Microsoft support folks in 4 different departments, I had to revert to the pre-updated version (restored from Time Machine) in order to even use charts at all.

This is such good news--thank you Microsoft! :) :) :)

I have to say, this is the one feature that kept me from upgrading from Office 2011--this old version has all the functionality I need, except for pivot charts which has been available for Windows users for years. Thank you for listening!

Is this update applicable to those want to buy Office 2016 but *not* office 365? I don't buy software on subscription and will gladly pay a bit more knowing I can use software as long as I need it (as I did with Office 2011). Should I wait until a later version of Office 2016 is released (e.g., something like "Office 2018" if there is such a thing) to get this feature?

• Adrian Nabarro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@PhV - Has It?

I've just updated to Insider Fast (version: 16.10) and cannot see a Pivot Chart option... nor can I see Pivot Charts created in Windows Excel.

Is there some hidden option to enable it?

• Alana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you just make the windows and mac versions of Excel with the exact same features!? I'm a student taking an intermediate Excel class in college and I can't do the assignments with my mac because I don't the same capabilities. It doesn't make sense that they are different.

please add this feature. I can created pivot chart but I want to dynamically change it by selecting the different elements in the pivot like I can do on my Windows xls version

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously add this feature. Would save me hours of work - now I have to build my spreadsheets differently to accommodate the mac users at my work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base