Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Webservice and FilterXML functions are needed!

The Webservice and FilterXML functions are supported in Excel 2013 for Win, they are useful function and I need the same functions in my work. Please add Webservice and FilterXML functions in Excel 2016 for MAC.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was demanded in 2015 and still not implemented? it is ridiculous!!!! When will Microsoft treat customers better?

• HH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is indeed an unfortunate discovery that it is not supported on Excel for Mac. Some people can't just switch to a PC OS when a feature is not available.

• Haahon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First of, the new Excel for Mac is just what I have been waiting for. Excel is the Spreadsheet to use and so glad to see Excel Mac 2016 finally coming close to the windows version, except for one thing, external dataconnections, even dataqueries seem to be missing.

I am, probably one of many, who needs external data (stock quotes) in my daily work, and it seems impossible to do, at least in an elegant way, but the webservice function could help a lot.

Please, please bring it to a version for Excel mac very soon.

Sincerely

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I so want to be a fan of Microsoft on Mac, but it's so hard when they release their flagship products with such sub-par Mac versions. In 2017 to still not have a way to connect to online data is just nuts...

Feedback and Knowledge Base