Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Quick access toolbar

The quick access toolbar is only really useful when it is bespoke. We need the ability to add or remove icons in this toolbar.

32 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kev Das shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Dan Battagin [MS XL] responded  · 

Feb 26 – Even more good news – we’ve completed work on this feature and you can now add/remove commands from the QAT as of Mac Excel 15.19.1. Do note that the set of commands you can add/remove is still limited, but we’re working on enabling full customization, like in Windows Excel.

(older) Great news folks – we’ve started work on this feature.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kraig Etzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dan [MS] - any update on getting closer to that full customization? I see that the available list is pretty expansive now, but one major omission remains: Fill Color. Any reason that's not available yet?

• C Lamantia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the QAT frequently but find this version's a bit hazy. Please bring back the clarity of the Mac 2011 version. It is a bit better if I choose 'Colorful' but really don't want to look at that green all day.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently installed Office for Mac (since Feb16) and the Quick Access bar is not customisable.. how do we make it so?

• Felix the Cat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dan, you're vastly and grossly misled in declaring this request "Completed".

The ability to deselect from within 10 commands MS deems popular it HUGELY different from the ability to customise the QAT. What we have on hand is a tiny token of kindergarten customisation and an offence to every professional unwilling to trudge along with insane amounts of mouse clicks for repetitive considering basic functions are not at hand.

I pray MS understands this.

• NetPilot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just upgraded to Excel Version 15.22 and it is still impossible to customize the toolbar. Power users of Excel require the customization.

• kirill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls. reinstate the print button, just wasted half an hour trying to find it

• Nark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excel needs a toolbar Print Icon for easy access to print wooksheets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base