Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add Find all in the Mac app

IN the windows version you can click on the button find all when you are in a search box. This then shows you all cells which contain your search criteria in a list. Please add this feature to the Mac app, too!

191 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Florian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Janet Randle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This borders on an illegal tying agreement, trying to force Mac users to buy a PC in order to get the full functionality of the software. MS targets the functions it knows are useful, like the FIND ALL function and holds it back. Or take the clipboard option. Works great on a PC, very efficient. It's not there on a MAC.

I think I am going to start investigating filing a class action. This is getting ridiculous.

d

• Janet Randle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TO ADMIN: It is now over a year that you received the FIND ALL option suggestion for Excel for Mac. Frankly I am getting tired of Microsoft advertising Microsoft Word for Mac, Microsoft Notebook for Mac, Microsoft Outlook for Mac, Microsoft Excel for Mac. This is misleading advertising. Each of these products should have the name LIMITED MICROSOFT ______ for Mac. When is Microsoft going to get over this petty behavior of constantly shortchanging Mac users?

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it truly petty that Microsoft short changes Mac users on several features in Excell 2019. Frankly, I believe it is a marketing misrepresentation. It is advertised as Excel/Word/One Note, etc for Mac. A more accurate representation should say "Reduced features version for Mac!.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you search to find something, make it so you can select all instances of it at once

• Alex Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add. I really am perplexed as to why microsoft makes an inferior product (less functions) in their Mac product as opposed to Windows product. We should be able to get the same program.

• NB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why!!! Why!!! Why!!!??? Is it kind a joke not to add main features in Microsoft programs for MAC? We pay big money for this soft and it is limited in many things. Very strange...

I have also just made the switch from Windows to Mac (Office 365). "Find All" is a feature I use regularly.

You can, of course, search, one by one, for all instances of a matching string in Excel using the 'Find' dialogue box. But why is it still not possible to return multiple instances with just one click and then select each one in turn to find it in the spreadsheet? You have been able to do this in Windows versions for years! Also, why is it necessary to dismiss the dialogue box before you can go to the found string? This is not the behaviour of Excel for Windows. Admittedly, it could be a limitation of the Mac OS.

How can the "find all" selection possibly be missing in Office 365 for MAC. This is a real deal breaker. This needs to be added ASAP.

• Erik van der Neut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just switching over from Windows to Mac and I am completely SHOCKED that this feature is missing in Excel on the Mac! This is an extremely important feature that I used all the time :-(

This needs to be added a.s.a.p.!

Oh my goodness. this request has been made over THREE years ago, and it's still not there. I'm using Office 365. That's an expensive product. I can honestly not believe that Find All is missing from Excel on the Mac.

I'm very unhappy :-(

Erik

• Rathan Abraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really important feature to those like me who wants to see the cell reference, sheet name and other details of the search results in one place. kindly add it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base