Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add Evaluate Formula to Mac app

Please add the evaluate formula dialogue box to the mac app. With it you can evaluate a formula step by step and see which part of the formula works and where the problem is.

328 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Florian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, is there any progress on this feature? This is an important function for anyone who uses Excel. I cannot image why it wasn't brought over from the Windows side. It's very difficult to assess where you might have an error if you cannot step through the formula to see where the wrong result might be.

Has this been added now to Excel for Mac. I have the Office 365 version but do not see this functionality

• AJW3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now April 2019. I paid for an annual subscription to get features like Evaluate, but from what I see, it has been at least 4 years while Microsoft is planning to add this. It is available in the Windows version, but not in the Mac version... this shouldn't be a major problem. Please implement this feature.

• Chris McKulka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps prayer or some type of ritual sacrifice? It has been more than three years!!! Like others I typically open a VM on my Mac which is crazy. So frustrating.

• Anton Lutsenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I registered on this site to give this fantastic idea vote. Shall we set up a little trust fund to support lobbying this idea?

'In the planning stages' for about a year now - huzzah!
    Time to start the implementing stage, I reckon.

• geoff pope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

evaluation of Excel formula on Mac is very important for the more advanced user. I bought a Mac book for its memory, speed, and display. Then got Excel since I use a lot of it but .... a significant gap is not being able to evaluate formulas.

• Abhilash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this ?
    Why wouldn't this basic functionality be available in MAC ?

• Marcelo Curado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that this feature doesn't exist on Mac, it's such a useful tool! Do we have an estimate ETA for making it available?

OK, that was Mar 26 and you were in planning stages to add this one feature. Now it's been well over 7 months. What's the progress? ETA?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base