Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add support for Get & Transform (formerly Power Query)

Make Get & Transform (formerly Power Query) available in Excel for Mac (like in Excel for Windows)

3,371 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi everyone – There are many comments here asking for PowerPivot, which is being tracked separately. This suggestion is only counting votes for PowerQuery (Get & Transform).

To vote for the PowerPivot suggestion, please go to it – https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/19568977-add-powerpivot-to-mac-excel.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

883 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the Power BI, Maps, Pivot to the MAC!!!!!!!!

Please make it feature compatible with the windows version.

I'm using MS Excel for Mac part of the office 365 sub.

• NSGEHLOT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its surprising that why this powerful analysis facility not provided to mac users ?

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the Power Pivot add in for the 2016 excel for mac

• Nayan Kalnad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved to Excel 2016 for Mac. Disappointed to find out that Mac users cannot use the power features.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Get & Transform capability as implemented in Windows XL 2016 (Data ribbon). Annoying that msft site says this capability is "in all versions of Excel/Office 365" and it's not

• Lee D'Cunha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moved from Excel 2013 for Windows to Excel 2016 for Mac. Very surprised to learn that Mac users do not get full features. Appreciate MS does something about this quick as I need to use distinct count for most of my pivot tables at work.

Microsoft and Apple should push their collaboration (for all) in Office 2016 mac and let users (customers) to benefit from all components. Power pivot, Power BI,...
    Office 2016 Mac must be the same for All.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are us Mac-users still being short-changed? Surely in this day and age Microsoft engineers could have come up with power tools for us too?

• Sam Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to work across both PCs and Macs, so our standard applications and tools - including BI - need to work on both. If Power BI isn't going to be implemented on Macs, then we'll have to drop our plans to use it for internal self-service BI - and if it doesn't give us the BI we need, our rationale for sticking with Office365 disappears (Google Docs is much better for collaborative work).

• ga84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop assuming that Mac users are not excel proficient and give us the same functionality as the windows version.

How disappointing since Excel was first a MAC product and I switched from 123 for Mac to it. I could understand when processor platforms were different that porting was a significant issue. But that is not an issue. I hope this is not the remnants of the Macs are toys theory. With IOS devices all over, you would think that it would offer a huge market of value.

• Mouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the others, if you are going to continue to make Mac versions "lite" versions, then you will need to reduce the price. For serious business use, we need the power functions. Get off the stick, create and add them in. No more excuses.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using Office 365 for Mac. My work includes building Business Analysis Models for my customers and it is really problematic for me that this functionality does not exist. Could you tell me where the fix sits in the planned product release schedule?

Feedback and Knowledge Base