How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add support for Power Query

Make PowerQuery available in Excel for Mac (like in Excel for Windows)

2,190 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

609 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ed Hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@marcos - I would think the main reason is the Dot Net framework. Power Query and Power Pivot are both written in Dot Net on Windows. There is a Dot net core framework available for the Mac, but my understanding is the core is missing a ton of features of the full framework. So to get PQ and PP on the Mac, either the dot net framework has to be substantially improved on the mac, or PQ/PP have to be rewritten in in a language for the Mac, which means two different apps, and MS is moving away from that. They just got the Office codebase sync'd up this year!

Ideally I'd like to see PQ and PP rewritten on Windows in C/C# to speed up the UI and performance, then used on the Mac as part of the common code base.

This is speculation on my part. I am not a developer or MS employee. But I do know dot net on the mac is severely lacking compared to the same on Windows.

• Marcos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any "special reason" for not delivering those supplements (powerpivot etc) to Mac machine? Any announcement that those "functionality" will be available?

• Miha Lenic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really????? Why difference between the two versions? Come on, can't you make same program, same UI, same functionality - in today's times?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really unfair that there's no power pivot for Mac users, as we paid the same price for the software as the Windows' users. Please add this complement as soon as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do not have Power Pivot in a Excel for MAC yet ? A millions of person use MaC in the world.

• Jason Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve K - since you've changed the title and tried to get people to vote separately for Power Map Power Pivit I submit that many of the votes for Power Query are false positives.
        The way i got here was https://www.quora.com/Does-Excel-2016-provide-Power-Map-for-Mac
        this quora article tells me to vote up this recommendation - which i did without really reading.

I had to nagivate the uservoice system to find the power map vote - and i know more than 14 people in my neighborhood that would want this.

your vote tallies are wrong

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy and for the money spend on Microsoft I cannot believe that after years and 596 comments - Microsoft still have not added the same functionality for Mac users who bought it for same price as PC.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power tools and VBA are great functions in Excel. Please kindly put this function to Mac user as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base