Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019 at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop Having Problems: Ex

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019
at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop

Having Problems so for now have gone back to Office 2011 Default Excel AND VERY WORRIED THAT NEXT MACOS WILL NOT SUPPORT THAT OLD OFFICE VERSION:

Excel in Microsoft Office 2019 is slow to open - two minutes versus 8 seconds in Office 2011 if opening a saved workbook on my Mac book pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 by double clicking workbook file icon. Workaround seems to be opening Excel first from which the file is opened but that still takes 8 seconds whereas with Office 2011 it is immediate if Excel is opened first.

I hypothesise that the delay could be related to Office 2019 common services trying to handshake with system resources in the Mojave OS when Office expected the Sierra OS.

A second big issue is after extensive changes were made in the VBA embedded in an Excel workbook, admittedly running in Compatibility Mode, the Workbook could not be saved and so the work was lost. Apple Case ID: 100742389363 31 Jan 2019. Use that number to review your case.

If a workbook is enhanced with VBA changes using Excel in Office 2019, one might want that workbook to be portable to another Mac with a different OS or even a Windows machine. Multiple platform utility is one of the big selling points of implementation in Excel. It seems such an enhanced workbook is corrupted from the perspective of even the earlier mac Excel in Office 2011. The change tested was simply placement of linefeeds in an alert dialogue!

Annoying too is the width of text strings in alerts & dialogues is much shorter than in Office 2011 and also has unexpected unnecessary line feeds fragmenting text.

I downloaded the package directly from Microsoft, not realising I could have ordered it on the Apple App Store from which updates to eventually fix such issues might have been automatic. How do I organise getting fixes to the product at some point?

Noticed too having opened an existing significant Word document created in Office 2011, that in Office 2019 it can not update the Index for that otherwise unchanged document.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Peter Bray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)