Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

The latest excel for mac version took away the option in the insert tab to "Insert Comment". I phoned microsoft support and spoke with one

The latest excel for mac version took away the option in the insert tab to Insert Comment. I spoke with two microsoft support technicians and after they did a very diligent job of trying to find the Insert Comment option in the tool bar, the last technician advised me to report the problem to this site. I do not use a mouse so that option is not available to me. Please add the Insert Comment option back to the Insert tab.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J Terrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found this answer online to the issue of not having an Insert Comment option in the Insert tab for excel for mac and it works fine: "One way to right click on a Mac is to press the Ctrl (or Control) key when you tap the mouse button, or the trackpad. Don't confuse the Ctrl key with the Alt (or Option) key. The Ctrl key on a Mac is not the one next to the space bar, it's at the far end of the keyboard, on either the right or left side." I still would like the option to be added back into the options listed in the Insert tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base