Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Provide all the options that are available to Windows users

MAC users are severely limited with what they can do in Excel compared to Windows users. I am doing an Excel course and creating a Pivot Chart is not an option for me nor do I have the option to create a PowerPivot as my classmates who use Windows PCs. All that needs to be done is to make things comparable. What you do for one- Windows PC users, you do for the other- Mac users. Level the playing field so to speak.

It's not only about Pivot Tables. All Mac Excel applications and features need to be updated and be comparable to all Windows Excel applications and features.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kamilah Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this difference has required me to buy VMware so that I can run excel for windows on my mac. this is quite cumbersome.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree, the amount of hassle that comes with having a mac purely from the office suite (especially excel) is ridiculous. The only case for not using Google Sheets is currently the fact that receiving customers are still in legacy-mode and uses various versions of excel.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can access Pivot Charts if you upgrade to Excel for Mac v16.6 or higher - you will need Office365 subscription, but it is available. As for Power Pivot/Query etc, MS needs to extract their digits and get on with it!

Feedback and Knowledge Base