Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Excel for Mac should have the new Stocks functionalty

It would be great if Excel for Mac (Insiders) is able to have the new Stocks functionality currently used by Excel for PC (Insiders)

This functonality is described in https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-a-stock-quote-e5af3212-e024-4d4c-bea0-623cf07fbc54

In respect of this particular capability, it would bring Excel for Mac more in line with Apple Numbers which currently offers something similar.

Thank you for considering this addition.

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes (James?), please add this function so I can update my stocks in Excel on my iMac desktop.

365 Subscriber.

Thanks !!!

• Johnnygoodface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Curiously millage vary from one user to the next: some will have it in 16.21 and some not even on 16.23. Go figure! This is one of the worst mess I’ve seen for a feature deployment!!!

• Aidan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I upgraded to fast insider V 16.23 (190206) today and still don't have the feature! What is going on?

They just release (Office Insider Slow) v16.21 (190115) and I updated my dad with it, to no avail: still no Stock Icon on the ribbon. :( I don't daree going all the way thru 16.22 on his iMac, and knowing that deploying 16.21 fixed it on my MBP, I still can't find a reasonable raison that would explain that discrepancy

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding market synbols should be on the list of enhancements.

today i got fast insider V 16.22 (1901122) and I now have the "sTock "function on the MBP. Yeah!

... And on my side I restarted my MBP in French (from English): my Stocks are still there. So it's not a question of language setup. Both my Dad and I are on the same O365 subscription, and are using both macOS Mojave, latest updates.

(music notes) "moderatoooooooor" ??

Johnny

As a matter of information to you and others, I did an uninstall using "Clean My Mac" to remove all traces of office 365. I did reinstall. I got Excel 16.20 with no stock function.

I then did like you, a slow insider and got 16.21 with NO stock feature. Then did a fast insider and upgraded to 16.22 with no stock data feature. All of this was on the MBPro.

One thing you will notice is that when you add Stock table and then open sheet on a machine without feature, and do data refresh you will "error" out data in the table.

I can't get over the fact that the same MS office account with 2 registered Macs gets different features in the same versions.

I would love to hear from the moderator.

Bill

Hi Bill... Now I get the exact opposite as you: my dad's iMac, now v16.21 doesn't have the stocks, when my MBP, same version, has them... The only difference are the language (French on iMac and English on MBP)...

Johnny

How interesting, Your 16.21 has the feature and my 16.22 on the MBP doesn't.

Good luck.

I am still considering a complete uninstall of Office 365 on the laptop, and reinstall.

Glad I could help.

Bill

Johnny

I have had the feature on the iMac for about 6 or 7 weeks. Both Masc under same user account so feature set doesn't appear to be based on the user. More weirdness.

Bill

Wow Bill: You've got it: I've selected "Slow Insider" and MS is offering me v.16.21.0 (19010803). So I'm pretty sure that when I select "Fast insider" I'd get your 16.22 version... I'm gonna try the 16.21 first and keep you posted

Anon:

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I use the built-in "Check for Updates" . under "Help" menu bar item. I have upgrade option set for "Fast Insider".

There must be some supporting file that one Mac has and the other doesn't. I tried moving the Excel APP from one to the other. "Stock" function didn't transfer.

Any thoughts?

Bill

Bill with that version 16.22 --- dated: 2019 jan 09, it seems to mean that MS has started deploying that new update to some users only. So that would explain that only your iMac is updated, not the MBP yet. So I can't wait to be updated too. Do you remember having signing up for any beta version enrolment?

This is SO weird: Mine reports 16.20 (181208) "Office 365 subscription" on my MBP and Excel says no update is available. What's going on here?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base