Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add Map Chart

Something that already exist for Windows and it's not available in office 365 for Mac !!!!!

52 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tiago Faus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for suggesting and voting for this feature. As of version 16.9 (released in January 2018), Map charts have been supported in Excel for Mac for O365 subscribers, and they’ll be getting easier to use very soon.

Currently, if you have geographic data that can be used on a Map chart, you can click on the Insert > Recommended Charts button and Excel will recommend a map chart to insert.

In an update coming soon, we’ll be adding a “Map” chart button to the Insert tab of the ribbon, so it’s more obvious that you can insert a map chart.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Spurgeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really frustrated that this resource is not available - it did not say that on the details when I purchased office 365 for Mac - and I spent a lot of time with office 365 tech support trying to work out why I couldn't access it - not happy.

• RK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft promises the feature Map Chart. This feature, however, is NOT available in Excel for Mac (15.41 (171205)). Why!

Feedback and Knowledge Base