Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Set default file opening location

Let the user set the default file location when launching Excel. The default is OneDrive, which I don't use, or On My Mac which is a slow way to where I want to go which is my Documents folder. Let me delete OneDrive, and go directly to the Documents folder where I store my data.

Excel for Mac used to work this way, but at some point that functionality was woefully changed. I'll never use OneDrive.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE make it possible to always default to My Mac instead of having to constantly click off OneDrive. Seriously, this is annoying and CANN

• Richard Schiffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I recently switched to Windows Excel 2016. File - Open or Ctrl-O always first takes me to a screen where I have to choose a location first. Yes, it shows recent files on the right which is supposed to be a convenience. But I work across 3 different PC's on the network and the recent file list only shows the files that I've opened on the local machine. EVERY time, I must click on the Browse icon to bring up the old file open dialog window. I want to go straight to that, every time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base