Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

After upgrade to High Sierra Excel crashes when I try to change a cell

Excel 15.39 and High Sierra. Changing a cell (whatever, for example a stupid =5000/2 to =(10000/2)/2 Excel crash. Please fix it as it become unuseful and very frustrating!

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Federico Fumagalli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

For the specific crash described with version 15.39, we are not receiving reports of this exact scenario. We continually monitor for crash reports that are submitted at the time of the crash as well as by feedback sent from within Excel (the smiley face button near the top right corner of the Excel window). Other comments here mention a variety of crashes, but we need more detail, such as exact build/version numbers, and exact steps that lead to the problem.

This topic is closed, but again, we continually monitor for crash issues and release fixes each month.

The best way to report a crash is to submit the crash information when prompted by the Microsoft Error Reporting dialog that shows up after a crash.

Steve K [MS Excel]

134 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mounir Abou Atmeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after upgrade to high sierra , excel is crashing after changing cell color!
    please fix it as soon as possible

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Apple mac - this is ridiculous - you encourage a free upgrade to High Sierra and now I cant use my version of excel - just a simple typing in of some new information on a continuous spreadsheet cannot be saved. This make the whole thing useless for me.
    Please fix this nonsense as soon as possible.
    By the way - why are there no warnings that this upgrade will render whole parts of a users information, or existing programs, to become useless.

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem, am unable to update, sort, or format cells. makes Excel useless. VERY FRUSTRATED!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the upgrade to High Sierra every time I try to format a cell in Excel, it crashes. The program is pretty useless now. Please do something about that as soon as possible.

• Marybeth Edgecomb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even launch Excel since upgrading to High Sierra. It crashes each time it tries to launch. I tried to update to the most recent Excel and even the update crashed!

Thought it might be just my iMac. Seems that others are also having problems with Excel!
    Not at all impressed with this update. Hopefully someone reads these posts and gets the bugs fixed!

Completely useless after the High Sierra update...DON'T UPDATE IF YOU USE EXCEL FOR...WELL...ANYTHING!

I am also experiencing crashing when trying to change formula cells.. This needs to be fixed asap.

• Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am having frequent crashes when I modify formulas in excel. all of this happening post High Sierra upgrade. Excel is useless to me right now.

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base