Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

After upgrade to High Sierra Excel crashes when I try to change a cell

Excel 15.39 and High Sierra. Changing a cell (whatever, for example a stupid =5000/2 to =(10000/2)/2 Excel crash. Please fix it as it become unuseful and very frustrating!

20 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Federico Fumagalli shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

For the specific crash described with version 15.39, we are not receiving reports of this exact scenario. We continually monitor for crash reports that are submitted at the time of the crash as well as by feedback sent from within Excel (the smiley face button near the top right corner of the Excel window). Other comments here mention a variety of crashes, but we need more detail, such as exact build/version numbers, and exact steps that lead to the problem.

This topic is closed, but again, we continually monitor for crash issues and release fixes each month.

The best way to report a crash is to submit the crash information when prompted by the Microsoft Error Reporting dialog that shows up after a crash.

Steve K [MS Excel]

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mooni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've sent the "reports" after it crashes. It freezes and crashes every time I try and copy then paste filtered cells.

• not so much a Mac fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as everyone else here.

Looks like the "problem solver" here trained at the same place as my Subaru dealership Service dept--they are always telling me they never hear the noise I hear every time I drive it. A gazillion ppl are having the same problem and he says it doesn't exist. wth?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excel has crashed on me almost every 30 seconds. I'll open my workbook and make one or two changes and then it crashes. This is getting silly. Please help..............

I've sent the "report" after it crashes. It freezes and crashes every time I try and copy then paste. I'm losing a lot of time and labour. Please help!!

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still happening to me, I have excel 15.13.3 on High Sierra 13.6. Excel is crashing every time after I open a document and choose a colour to highlight a cell (the second time - the first highlight works ok).

Error reporting is hanging and doesn't work lol. FML.

• Sivakumar Krishnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever i try to shade a cell or a group of cell, Excel hangs, the same is observed in Word tables too. What is the solution? any leads?
        MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6
        Excel 15.15
        Word 15.15

Same issue, second cell colored I excel crashes. Reinstalled Office, reinstalled my OS, nothing works. This is horrible.

Try this, it worked for me.

1. Uninstall Office 2016 completely. Follow the instructions on this link to uninstall.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-for-mac-eefa1199-5b58-43af-8a3d-b73dc1a8cae3?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

2. Reinstall Office 2016

3. Start Excel and click <Help> on the top Mac information bar and click check for updates

4. Install the suggested updates

Hope this help

Same problem as exactly described below. Marking this item completed is really Microsoft.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any fix for this issue? I'm having the exact same problem. Crashes any time I try to highlight a cell.

• Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crashes the 2nd time you change a color of cell. 1st time is fine

Same problem here, it really is frustrating and I've had to resort to use Google Sheets. Please help!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base