Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Weird issue on latest Fast Track version of Excel for Mac 2016

I am running MacOS 1013 High Sierra, Developer Beta 9 and the latest Fast Track version has about the weirdest problem. If the workbook is an xlsx format then the sheet is reversed (as in you would have to look at it in a mirror to read it), plus upside down. If I save-as that workbook to an xls and reopen it, it looks fine. More information... I also have the same version on a Sierra, 10.12 machine and all is fine, with either workbook format. I captured a screenshot to be sure that you understand what I am seeing.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ed Glassgow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brant Root commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue. version 15.39 (170919). High Sierra 10.13

If I scroll down (taking the mirrored text off-screen, and then back up, the text is fixed. But doesn't save fixed - i.e. issue persists upon re-opening.

New files don't seem to be impacted.

• Ed Glassgow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It shocks me that they haven’t addressed it yet. By my count now three versions since the issue surfaced. I have a hack work around, however. I deleted the fast track versions of Office apps, reinstalled, updated to current releaded version (Excel works fine under High Sierra), compress that version of Excel, update to current fast track versions, delete the fast track version of Excel and the expand the compressed version from the previous step. What you end up with are fast track versions of everything except Excel and if the “next” fast track version still has the issue it’s simple to revert to the release version.

• Pete Nealley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue and it has persisted through at least two MS Excel updates. I assume it's associated with High Sierra, but surprised that it hasn't been fixed after multiple version updates. It occurs with every spreadsheet I open, so it's not like it's an occasional bug. Scrolling the contents off screen and then back "clears" the issue, but truly annoying. I'm actually using Windows Excel 2016 via Parallels instead for now. No such issue in the Windows version, but what an awkward work around!

• Ed Glassgow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Combination of both. I have another machine running 10.12 Sierra and fast track and Excel works perfectly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it High Sierra or the Fast Track? I have both and I see the same weirdness

Feedback and Knowledge Base