(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bao-Tram Ton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

I’m happy to report that Slicers for tables are now supported in Excel for Mac. Just check for updates and make sure you have version 16.×. Timelines are coming soon for filtering date fields in PivotTables.

Thanks for all your votes.
    Steve K [MS Excel]

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make the MAC version the SAME as PC. What is so hard to understand?

• Monica Bozzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow slicers to work on MAC - so many offices (including mine) have users which use MACs (especially iPads when they are mobile).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use both MAC's and PC's in our office and not having slicers sync between the platforms cripples the users on MACs...please have Slicers work on MACs

• John Gay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply asking for the same functionality for "Insert Timeline" on Pivot Tables as the PC version. With so much work being cloud based and having users on different platforms, it seems a no-brainer for MS to make this and the Pivot Charts available to MAC

• M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. Your student schedule template is cool...unless you download and use it in "El Capitan" Mac OS using Excel 2016 for the Mac. Then, you're out of luck with no explanation warning you of that!

• P Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add my voice to this topic. please have slicers work with graphs for excel 2016.
        We are split about 50/50 between PCs and Macs.

• Ben Broder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement, it's ridiculous to have the platforms still be so out of sync. Many enterprises use both Mac and Windows platforms, most programs don't have so many differences across platforms. Only 0.0000001% of users will ever find a place to "vote" for a feature.

I am sick to death of writing a program only to find the functions are not available to mac users!

in particular the slicers in tables, rather than pivot tables!

When are you going to add this in pleas!

the mac 2016 version is newer than the windows 2015 and yet it still has features missing!

In the enterprise where I work, we share excel files across Mac and Windows' users with complicated calculations, using slicers. Now, the Mac users can view and interact with the slicers, however, we found a bug that when they save the excel using a Mac and send it by email, when a Windows user opens up the excel on their side, one of the filters in the slicer table is not saved. It happens every time. A Mac user saves 4 filters, saves, sends by email, a Windows user opens up the excel and only sees 3 filters selected. Is this a known bug? We checked our settings and configuration across versions and can't see any differences. This is blocking us using slicers companywide!

• AMC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm watching Excel 2016 Essentials training course on Lynda.com and was so excited to see the author demo Slicers for tables. But he's using Windows to teach the course ... no Slicers for tables on the Mac. Just for Pivot tables. ARGH. While we wait, it'd be great if your documentation writers could add a page to the Help file that lists which features are in the Windows version that are not in the Mac version. I searched Help for a long time trying to find where the Insert Slicer command or button was in the Table tab.

i would very much appreciate to have table slicers working in Excel 2016. It is a very useful function, especially when working with large amounts of data

• James Spotanski (Microsoft Excel) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Anon. One thing to note here is that PivotTable Slicers do work in Excel for Mac 2016, but we don't yet support Table Slicers. It's a confusing distinction, but we're aware of the gap. As always, remember that more votes = higher priority

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base