Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

2,269 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeeva Bharrathi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also hoped to be heared by ms here, but I will quit my 365-abo and use LibreOffice for office things and python for database and pivot things. So this by the way is more clear what happens with the source data. Sorry ms, but you are too slow and for this too expensive.

@Ed I misread the post and thought you were looking for an equivalent for PowerPoint. My Bad. As for PowerPivot neither Excel or Numbers offers PowerPivot for Mac. When I was running Windows, MS Office was a good value. However since switching exclusively to Mac, Office is just another option. My 365 subscription expires next month. I have decided to go with LibreOffice. It includes all of the features currently have in MS office, along with a few things Office does not offer for Mac users. It is also developed with more parity between the Windows and Mac environment. Best of all it will save me $109 per year. As I have stated, MS Office does not really seem to be serious about the development of the Mac version. I see no need to continue paying them for the privilege of being overlooked or ignored.

• Ed Hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anonymous - Keynote may be cool, but it is a PowerPoint competitor, not Excel. And I've used Numbers, and it is sorely lacking in what Excel can do, especially the new dynamic array functions. I tried Numbers for 3 months and couldn't get enough functionality out of it for my use cases. And it doesn't have a Power Pivot equivalent either, so not sure how that is better.

Please, users, keep pointing out realistic alternatives to MS Excel... At the end, this is about getting things done, and if MS doesn't wish or cannot help Mac users, we need to move forward, break the resistance-to-change wall and try alternative solutions.

@Ed On MAC Keynote is feature rich. LibreOffice also offers a nice alternative. When I was a Windows user, Office 365 had no real competition. However the Mac version of Office 365 is nothing more than a foster child MS is still not treating equally. I see no reason to continue paying the same price for something I can get free.

• Fred Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If significant progress is not made to bring parity to the Mac version of Office by the time my next subscription is due; I intend to cancel my 365 membership. I encourage other Mac users to do the same thing.

How much longer Microsoft? This is not a new feature in the Windows offering and should have been made equal in MacOS now.

• Justino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compre Excel para mac, pensando que tendria las mismas funcionalidades que en Windows, me di cuenta que no es asi. Porque entonces el precio es igual, tendria que ser mas barato el Excel para Mac o colocar las funcionalidades que faltan, Creo que es una falta de respeto de Microsoft hacia sus usuarios.

Microsoft, this is pain you MUST solve now!
    Take action, do whatever it takes and solve it.
    It's not minor, data analysis is more demanding every day, you cannot ignore this issue, and the mass of mac users is already relevant. We are subscribing to your services and have respect for your solutions, we don't deserve to be and stay second-class customers!

I see that Microsoft responds but doesn't give any more detail other than its a big undertaking. C'mon the process is completed you just need to enable the feature. You sold me on Office 365 for a MAC but haven't delivered on the products. Is this really about selling more Surface Pro's?

• Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wasn’t the whole concept behind the newest Office suite for Mac to have full equivalence with its Windows counterpart? Why is it, then, that some functions such as this one are not included in Excel for macOS?

• Steve Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently switched from Windows to Mac. It is very disappointing to find MS Excel has so many vital functions missing! Power Pivot, Get and Transform, and undoubtedly many others. Come on Microsoft pull you finger out and make the two platforms work the same!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base