Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

1,907 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeeva Bharrathi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

441 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peshko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So guys, almost a year ago, you stated that you are working on that. Since then, many new customer have been dealt a huge blow, typical to sneaky Microsoft sells tactics! We need statement of directions and roadmap of when this feature is going to be available!!! It is pure steal of customer's money and borderline criminal behavior to ask your customers to pay the same amount of money and provide less features for MacOS customers!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

power pivot in Mac is nessesary. I DO NOT understand why I pay for excel and have cut opportunities

• Vicki Saltmarsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Power Pivot to Excel for Mac. I have a tutorial which tells me to Addin this and I've spent ages trying to find it. It seems that it doesn't exist so have been wasting my time I think.

• Stav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost a year since Excel Team responded to this idea.

Can you tell us when PowerPivots are expected to be an option for Mac users?
        Foreseeable future?

• claudia albus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compré Office 365, lo instalé en Windows y luego en Mac OS, en Mac no puedo tener PowerPivot.
        Es una política de Microsoft? No entiendo bien las diferencias entre Power Pivot y Power BI, pero me hace pensar que siendo herramientas similares y siendo que la política de Microsoft es que no esté disponible Power BI para Mac, es posible que lo que esté pasando es que hay una discusión importante respecto a si liberar estas herramientas para Apple o no.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mac Excel is a hobbled product. This is clear from the current state of the application compared to its Windows equivalent. It is currently missing essential functionality required to deliver comprehensive Pivot Table capabilities on the Mac platform.

I see from the dateline of this thread how disappointing Microsoft's handling of the topic has been. The question is: why?

Super disappointed that I can't use the data model on my Mac. Just subscribed to Office 365 in order to explore these features. I feel misled.

Steve K's (MS Excel development team) last response regarding this issue is from march 2018!
        We, the paying customers, have shown eloquently how important PowerPivot is for Mac Excel users (combined votes for Power Query and Power Pivot exceed by far any other issue).
        After another 365 days of waiting, I think the least we deserve is a delivery schedule or a confession about indefinite postponement of this development.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base