Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

2,128 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeeva Bharrathi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

477 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this thread clearly shows the level of disregard, disrespect and disdain that Microsoft has for Mac users, over 2100 votes, 475 comments supporting this feature since 2015.

Are there any real alternatives to MS Excel?

• John Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems hard to believe this is still hanging out...need to look for an alternative tool...

Hey Steve K!
    The shouting of our community has become deafening.
    At least give us a feedback on planned delivery date/reasons for delay/abandonment of development.

Why has no one from MS replied recently on this to let Mac users know if they are genuinely working on this, or if this is it ever going to happen? Even though Excel has limitations on a Mac I can get things done significantly quicker on my mac than my Windows user colleges while also having to sort their windows Excel issues under windows OS. MS Office must truly have cross platform feature compatibility to future proof it's self! Also why are the browser versions (I.e. with Sharepoint) so limited that anyone having to do any thing serious with Excel sheets, as simple as pivot tables or macros have to go to running offline apps!

Mac users are still Microsoft office users and should be treated with the same importance as Windows users. We've purchased and have chosen to use this product over alternatives for our belief in its abilities and positive past experiences handling our work.

If you can't afford us the same capabilities, perhaps you can start by offering an explanation as to why this is not possible?

This is totally being done on purpose by Microsoft to ***** with Mac users. Why else would they take this long and still not have the option available? Low move Microsoft. Hoping for Google can make enough improvements to google sheets.

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plse. make this a priority. For anybody seriously working with Excel, this is a must have, such as Power Query. Please also consider that you are offering less functionality at the same prize to Mac users. In order to be customer oriented, you'd either provide the same functionality or grant a discount to Mac users.

I appreciate Microsoft for making Mac OS versions of its software and cast my vote for you to add PowerPivot to Excel for Mac.

• Peter F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this! We are a mixed environment and can't share PowerPivot sheets.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base