Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Bring back keyboard shortcut for align right!

Am I missing something or are we no longer able to align right a group of cells using command+R? Looking at the list of shortcuts provided by Microsoft, "align right" is not there. This is very basic excel functionality. How could it have been removed??

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maria Belenky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gillis Robertsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Excel 2011 is almost a masterpiece as an editing tool with absolute perfect Mac-harmonization. OK, I miss F2 instead of ctrl-U to edit a cell. Excel 2016 have many good things but with poor editing features like sluggish update of the icons in the customize toolbar and useless keyboard shortcuts. Please update Excel 2011 to 64 bit or I have to stay with High Sierra, Excel 2016 is not yet a good editing tool.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When universally in all your other Office products the standard align shortcuts are L = left, E = center and R = right, why in any sane universe would you REMOVE the functionality of R = right IN EXCEL ONLY to mean something else? This makes absolutely no sense! This had to have been an oversite or an error by someone, so please change it back.

Feedback and Knowledge Base