or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Good news. This has been fixed and will be available in the 16.12 update. If you get monthly updates, you should be able to update in April. To get the update sooner, you can opt into the Insiders program by going to Help > Check for updates and opt to get the Fast Insider updates.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jawann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How exactly has this been fixed? I am still seeing Online Locations as the default.

• nothanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nope steve, it's not fixed at all. still requires an extra step / extra click from open to get to a finder window to choose a file. ****-poor UI amigo.

• Ian T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Signing out of Office stopped it defaulting to Online Locations for me. Noticed the OneDrive option had my Microsoft account linked, all back to normal now.

• Matthew Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How exactly has this been fixed? Some details would be nice. I have 16.12, removed OneDrive and all SharePoints and it STILL asks me if I want to choose a file from "On my mac" when it's the only freaking option.

• Andy Harmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spent all day today trying to sort this and actually relieved to read I am not alone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled onedrive 4 times in a vain attempt to sort the isue. I even removed and reloaded office 365 thinking that could be the problem I've just submitted an email to microsoft support so let's see what they suggest.

• Hatty Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not fixed for me either - and this issue affects Word and PowerPoint as well. It's infuriating and enough to make me rethink using MS.

• Tony Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 16.12, it's not fixed for me either. I waste time every single time I open excel clicking away from the OneDrive nonsense.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the above update installed (16.12) and I'm still having this issues. High Sierra, latest office apps, I've uninstalled OneDrive (as far as I can tell) but when I go to save a doc in excel, OneDrive accounts still show up and the app locks up when I try to click anything.

This is NOT fixed. Excel is currently unusable.

Please fix this

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 @Dude: Even without OneDrive, "the Extra window still shows up first, so that you have to click on the folder to get back to the regular open/save file window."
        This is a fundamental problem with the UX. Please fix.

• Aerin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed Office 2016, and this is simply unacceptable! I don't ever want to use OneDrive, and there needs to be some way to uninstall it!

• Mily Rouge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh please, Microsoft! *Every* *single* *time* I open a file, I have click "On my Mac". A basic UX rule is to adapt your interface to the customer's habits, not force your customer to adapt to you, and you're rubbing our faces in it. You're forcing us to do one useless click just to try to get us to use OneDrive as our default file storage. I hate this so much! Please give us the option to default to local storage!

• Dude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks James for the observation that signing out removes the OneDrive options. However, the Extra window still shows up first, so that you have to click on the folder to get back to the regular open/save file window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearly Bill Gates evil spirit still permeates all the software... I hate this

• BPBear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's now a year and a half since these suggestions started....and of course, MS has done nothing. MS is clearly adamant about selling space on OneDrive at the expense of users.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base