Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Why is it that the most important tool in the Tool Bar, the one for editing what you have entered in a cell, KEEPS DISAPPEARING!!!

The field that is necessary when you need to edit or add to ANYTHING in a cell seems to have no name and periodically DISAPPEARS FROM THE TOOL BARS!!!!! I can't even find a name for it!!! DAMN! This reminds me of the old Lotus 1-2-3 when you were "Just supposed to know" that f2 was delete, it wasn't written down anywhere, it wasn't even on the key template! This is the same thing, the field I use the most is just GONE!!!!

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Furious shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
info needed  ·  Dan Battagin [MS XL] responded  · 

Can you give a bit more info about the control you are talking about? (maybe a screenshot, or describe the control a bit more)

Unfortunately, while I can tell you’re frustrated, I’m not quite sure what tool you’re referring to. In order to edit a cell, all you should have to do is click the cell and start typing.

Also – what version of Excel are you using?

Cheers,
Dan [MS]

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I could do things with that old Lotus 123 you still can not do in Excel 2016 so please do not bad mouth a superior product.

Feedback and Knowledge Base