(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Battagin [MS XL] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's appalling that months after the upgrade, *forcing* us away from 2011, this is still an issue. I prepare extensive data sheets for a long-term field project using Excel and it takes hours longer than it should because of this laggy jumpy view. It's painful, and it can't be that hard to fix. Come on MS team, restore our faith!

Everything is slow, laggy. I am a fully maxed MBP late 2016. Since the upgrade from Office 2011 to 2016, Excel is horrible. . . . There is visible, that is seen with eye, lag moving between cells, simple summing, and on and on.

So terrible in fact that we will move the machines back to 2011 if something is not done soon!

• Glen Footer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a 2017 13inch Mac Book Pro and I boot to windows when I need to use excel because on the Mac the jittery jerking drive me insane !!!

In Normal View

Lag to paste
        Lag to Copy
        Lag scrolling

Mac OS - Mohave
        Excel - 16.18

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm running Office 16.16.2 on MacBookPro (Early 2015 model, Core i5 2.9GHz, 16GB ram), on MacOS Majave (10.14). Excel for Mac in painfully slow in Page Layout mode. Several seconds to copy a small selection of cells. Several more seconds to paste. Scrolling is painful. In normal view, it's fine. I am just about to upgrade to Office 2019 to see if it's an area Microsoft has improved on. I'm not holding out much hope.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone upgraded to Excel 16.16.1? If so, has MS fixed these incredibly frustrating lagging problems on with MS for Mac? If not, we are downgrading to old version or more likely going back to PCs throughout our business units. HEY APPLE! ARE YOU LISTENING??

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS A INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING PROBLEM!!!!! I just updated from 2011. I figured things like this would be figured out by now. Lagging in page view come on. That's not something that over the course of two years should not be "gradually" being fixed. I can't even scroll up and down quickly let alone do any work. And the option of just click into normal view then move to page view is not a tenable option if you want to make sure your spreadsheets print well...

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in a corporate environment so can't install an old version of Excel. This is a really bad user issue and makes my 8 hours a day on spreadsheets painful, please fix ASAP.

• msagert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using 16.11 and scrolling exhibits very poor performance, whether using Normal or Page Layout views. Problem occurs when using formatting, such as a combination of merged/wrapped cells, borders, and background colors. The more of these items that are used, the worse the scrolling performance gets. I can provide spreadsheet samples, if helpful.

• Lana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also experiencing significant delays with Excel (4-5 seconds to do simple copy and paste, etc.). This is very negatively affecting my business. When will this update be out pls?

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve K (MS Excel) - will you be posting here when the fix is released? This problem is significantly impacting our business and looking for a fix asap.

Updated to Mac Excel 16.9 (180116), Page Layout is useless.
        Excel's CPU usage spikes to 90%.
        Renaming sheets takes forever, each keystroke takes 10seconds + and beachballs Mac.
        Shockingly bad software update

• DaveL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just updated to 16.10, and both Word and Excel are much, much better. Thank you Microsoft.

I just upgraded to High Sierra and Office 2016 and, in my opinion, Excel is barely usable. Word isn't much better. I'm considering finding a copy of Office 2011 for Mac and trying that...the frustration of fighting with these programs is extremely stressful.

Has anyone had problems with 2011 and High Sierra?

• Kristin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only dealing with this issue. SUPER FRUSTRATING, and such a waste of time! Not all of my spreadsheets are extremely slow, but the most important ones are. I see have the Mac 27 inch, and it's a problem, however, my husband MacBook Pro is responding the same way.

• Sasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve K {MS Excel} thanks for letting us us know we're not crazy -- But some of us can't wait until February 2018 for a fix - I'm a contract employee doing data entry where time is money. I'm dealing with hundreds of lines of data in each spreadsheet I work on. The update (16.9) that MS sent out is literally costing me money because it is slowing me down so much. How can we "un-update" so our machines work normally again until MS can get this fixed?

• sealiph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a serious problems with The new upgrade of excel 16.9 and scrolling on mac 27 inch running High Sierra, It is much worse than the previous problems. Information jumps when scrolling, goes blank for a portion of a second. It is really hard to use. Anyone else notice it?

• h.honnest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only scrolling is slow in page layout view, also things like copy/paste and adding or removing rows/columns.

Strangely it doesn't happen in many but not all of my Excel files.

Thought it might have to do with the extension xls or xlsx, but changing it, makes no difference.

Still finding it extremely annoying, since the problem has existed for one and a half year now...

macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2014)
        Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
        Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
        Grapichs Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Updated to the latest version of Office (15.41, 171205), and still slow/laggy when scrolling in Page Layout View.
        No solution yet, please fix it.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base