Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Improve the Help

I am a former PC user now with the Mac version. Some of the graphics functions I have been doing for years on the PC (e.g., plot data on two vertical scales, put a title on the vertical scale), I cannot find on the Mac version. Surely there is a way. HELP in Excel in the Mac is NO HELP. (True also for WORD--HELP is NO HELP).

25 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alan Webb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • notapplicable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, why should the word "Help" occupy 10% of the vertical real estate?! Or, why tell me about how great Excel is or how fun it is prior to tangentially addressing the issue?! Why all the wasted space between paragraphs?! This is not suppose to be an "artistic" venture. Someone appears to be trying to impress their boss at work - within some empire. Again, who the # (_) ( |{ cares to waste their time with this "art"?

• notapplicable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, much of the content of "Help" is a waste of time and an irritation. Things used to be much easier and less irritating before all the "improvements" to "Help". Please get the "Help" section reviewed by some engineers and technical writers. Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base