Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Excel for Mac (2016) is very unstable and I often loose work and have to restart.

Unless Excel for Mac becomes stable, I will only use it on Windows and revert to other sw on the mac such as google docs, etc.

67 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

J Nasser shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

We’ve been working on numerous fixes for specific crashes, and we monitor for crash reports so that we can continue to make improvements over the coming releases.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. Excel for Mac has hit a point where it is essentially useless. I have to save after every cell change, sort, filter, etc.... Excel freezes constantly, it crashes or you have to force the application to quit. This happens not just on a daily basis, but over and over again each day. It kills my productivity.

I understand when it's a large workbook with multiple sheets and many formulas and conditional formatting, etc... But this happens if I have a large table and all I want to do is filter or sort the data, no formulas, no special formatting, etc.... If I need to work in a spreadsheet and analyze large amounts of data, it should just work.

This seems to have gotten worse since the last Excel for Mac update. Please fix this ASAP!

I have OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. Excel for Mac Version 15.29.1 (161215)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

excel keeps freezing! I have to force quit and have reentered the same lines multiple times as a result. FRUSTRATING!

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base