Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add recent Excel Windows functions to Mac version

A bunch of great new functions just went into the Windows version of Excel: https://blogs.office.com/2016/02/23/6-new-excel-functions-that-simplify-your-formula-editing-experience/

Please add them to the Mac version ASAP!

172 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave Rohrl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, what the MS admin said was plain wrong. Neither SWITCH nor IFS is a working function in Excel for Mac 2016 (16.11.1).

• Toni Marais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is December 2017 and I have just upgraded my office at an expense to get access to the new functions in excel.... Does it take 6 months to make two versions of the same programme compatible? Why are there two versions to begin with?

• Rick Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Mark. Wish I could do the same. MS have us over a barrel since all clients and associates, as well as most of the world, use Office and compatibility is everything. Not that Office for Mac is that compatible these days. It's a dilemma. Excel is now so frustrating and such a time waster. SM are just not listening to the multitude of complaints and requests for improvements. It seems MS want us to abandon Mac and revert back to PC, hopefully by buying a Surface. My engineer son has already done this and now sees his dad with his Mac as really old fashioned. Up there with the 8-track and fax.

• Mark Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Sean, it appears not, I have actually moved the company to Google’s Gsheets now. Can’t be dealing with a product with different functions across platforms. Outlook is even worse, the differences are so vast, they might as well be different software vendors.

I get Office 365 fast updates and I see 4/6 new functions.
        When will IFS and SWITCH come to the Mac version of Excel?

• Jakub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to Macs we need to work together with win

Please add IFS to Mac Excel. This is not productive if functions are not compatible in both PC & Mac systems.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anyone read these? It really is about time all platforms were treated equally....add IFS and lots of others too FFS!!!!!!

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So.....it's almost a year now and the SWITCH function is still not available to me on the Mac version of Excel - I thought Office 365 was going to give me compatible versions of Excel etc across all platforms I use! What's the use if a spreadsheet I write on my PC version then won't work when I use my MacBook with the 'same' software?
        I notice that other functions, such as MAXIFS, TEXTJOIN are now there and work, but not SWITCH.
        When is this going to be rectified? Surely it's been long enough now!

• Meital commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the new functions for Mac users.

IFS Function doesn't work on my Excel, and I find it a stupid thing.

I pay for office 365 subscription because I have been told that it includes all the new updates.

So I would like to know why I don't get the new features \ updates as the PC users?

IFS does not work on Office 365 for Mac (on iMac), but on my Win10 laptop! That is truly annoying!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base